• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bellagio swap with 1100 2V engines (breva?)

jordaf

Just got it firing!
Hi Guzzisti,
Has anyone ever considered the above engine swap? Both engines must be pretty similar .
Would it make sense to envisage the engine hign end change only?

Food for thought

Bonne route

A high mount alternator engine swap would very difficult, but anything is possible. Rossopuro put a Griso 8V engine in a Bellagio. I've heard the 940cc Bellagio engine is one of the most enjoyable 2V engines Guzzi ever built. That's said, I'm in the middle of a 1380cc 8V engine build along with a custom frame similar to the Bellagio since they were never brought in, and not legally allowed in because of it.

Apparently, you need to remove the whole alternator system from the 8V motor, and add the front timing case off a Bellagio or similar.
For some reason, those who have done it used a Ducati crank mounted stator, with a little machining to fit.

The question is, can the Bellagio frame handle the extra power and torque.
Many say no!
I like an engineering challenge.

The Cal Vintage engine is a Breva engine that has been configured for what you are trying to do. Same internals and dual plug heads.

Personally I would say swapping those 2 engines is a waste of time.
My 02 Cali Stone at 1062cc made 69rwhp and 60lbs of torque - with single plug heads.
My 07 Bellagio at 936cc makes 76rwhp and 59lbs of torque - with dual plug heads.
Both bikes have pipes, K&N and PC fitted

But all that extra power is more a result of rpm, peak power at 8,300.

If you want hp and torque, you will need the Griso 8V, 115rwhp and 80lbs torque from 3,000rpm to 8,300rpm with a beetle map, run on the same dyno as my 2 bikes, Fred from Procycle Dyno.

The only time I have needed more power out of the Bellagio is on the track, although my chassis mods allows getting so hard on the gas early in a turn, that I often run out of revs while cranked over too far to get my foot under the gear lever.

That is why I would run reverse shift pattern on the track. Not the easiest thing to do on a Guzzi, but being able to bang upshifts by stomping down on the shifter can be your friend.
I like the idea of the Bellagio motor, big pistons and a short throw crank. A nice motor that likes to rev. All it really needs is the 4 valve per cylinder heads of an 8 valve Griso (like Todds small block conversion). Not really possible, but if it was that would be awesome. Failing that, perhaps you can get the current set up to breath better with porting and perhaps a cam (or a blower).....

I could start with an 8V 1200 and slot a 66mm crank in it just for the rev ability, but I know plenty of Griso owners using a 9k rev limiter, so it becomes a worthless practice sacrificing a sweet torque flat (not a curve) from 3k to 8k rpm.

Anyhow I'm busy with a Multistrada front end swap .............................

Tks Mates ( any Lady ? probably not, what a sad world)

OK got your point! I forget about it. Anyway probably far beyond my skills, if any.

I do not quite concurr to Todd's: "Bellagio engine is one of the most enjoyable 2V engines Guzzi ever built", Nossir, Bellagio engine IS the most enjoyable 2V engines Guzzi ever built :) ! And my heart is with the true grit of 2V . The only thing is a little shortage of breath riding up hill ( I live in the Mountains) . Maybe should I consider loosing weight...

I'll give another try to a 4V Griso, but I felt 4V in general as having lost too much vibes in the process...

Thanks again . If anybody envisages a trip to French Alps this summer , I'll be glad to welcome him.

Bonne Route

Back