• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 C-S Suspension Thread

Decreasing the rake would make the bike turn quicker and add to the stability. It's in the opposite direction where it would get nervous (think chopper vs. MotoGP bike).
Uh, I think you might be missing part of the story. Perhaps it is your verbage. Steeper rake vs less steep rake, or perhaps shallower rake, might be better.
Dropping the triples / sliding the fork tubes up steepens the rake but reduces the trail. Steeper rake means quicker steering. Less trail can mean lighter steering but if you don't have enough trail it also can mean instability.
Raising the triples / dropping the fork tubes gives you a shallower rake and more trail. Shallower rake does mean slower steering, but more trail means more stability. If you were to take the shallow rake thing to the extreme you could end up in chopper land, but that is way past what we are talking about here and not really relevant in my opinion.

I should have been patient as well. Have an order in for the Mupo kit and RT shocks. Probably would have gone for these instead.

Has there been a road test of this fork kit. What is the level of adjustability in the damping? I have a GT hybrid kit waiting to ship when the GT twin shocks are ready. Would this kit offer much if any ride improvement over the mupo cartridge and matris preload adjuster?

There have been no tests yet. I've ordered a kit for the V9 as I hope to land one soon for RentAGuzzi.com duties. I'll post on it when I do. I have installed this kit on a Triumph Thruxton, and it is impressively better then the stock set up on those. I'll post more as I have it.
For those who have ordered the hybrid kit and are still waiting, I will be happy to provide these at a minimal cost increased for the wait. Just let me know in advance/before I get close to shipping everything as I have to order these in built to your spec.

Hi, I'm a new Guzzi owner, V7 STONE. In the owners manual it says the suspension height can be adjusted but it doesn't say how. I'd like to lower the bike a bit, maybe an inch. Can it be done? Thanks.

Hi, I'm a new Guzzi owner, V7 STONE. In the owners manual it says the suspension height can be adjusted but it doesn't say how. I'd like to lower the bike a bit, maybe an inch. Can it be done? Thanks.
Mick, merged your post with this thread. The preload can be adjusted with the threaded lock rings on the rears shocks only. You can not alter the length/ride height. I strongly advise against sagging the springs to lower the seat height. I sell custom length shocks to do it properly, and can be of help with the front, though some just slide the forks up in the triple trees, which I recommend doing any way.

I installed my hybrid fork kit in the 2016 Racer today. Thought I would give a quick review. The kit is so much better than the stock forks, it is a night and day difference. The biggest thing I've noticed is that I am able to control the bike much better on rough roads, or while crossing rutted intersections. The suspension gives good road feel, while soaking up the more egregious bumps.
All in all a huge improvement!
Thanks to Todd for developing the kit and making it available!

hi all

i have a question re rear shocks. if i unscrew the top large nut of the shock, will the bike lower itself when i m on it? i like the bike lower.

thanks

I'm not familiar with the adjustment for the model you are referring to, but if this is the preload adjustment, then yes the rear of the bike will go lower.

Note that despite popular opinion, this will not "soften" your rear suspension (assuming it is a linear and not a progressive spring). But this adjustment may increase the likelihood of the suspension "bottoming out" when the shocks reach the end of their travel, especially when carrying a pillion passenger or heavy panniers, etc.

If you want to lower the back you will need shorter shocks.

If you lower the rear then you will also need to lower the front to maintain handling.

Not hard to do & if you decide to go that route we can walk you thru it.

The large nuts adds or removes suspension preload. Preload is most importantly an adjustment that puts the piston of the shock in the optimum position to provide the most compliant ride. Secondarily, it adjusts ride height. As pointed out, if you remove preload, you'll lower the overall height of the seat at the rear, but unfortunately, you'll put the shock in a state where it will cause a very harsh uncomfortable ride.

Todd - can you source these Ohlins shocks?
Yes I sure can. The link above is for baseline non-adjustable versions. Pricing is dependant on options/adjustability as they are basically custom builds. Write me direct email; Info at GuzziTech.com

I just started installing the Mupo valve kit on my 2009 V7C. What are these gasket looking things for? Looks like they fit in the groove on the aluminum housing. There's nothing in the instructions that mentions these.
Ken

IMG 9333

Yes, its supposed to go in the groove around the emulator. I never got it fit, so I left it out as have many others. Works beautifully without it.

Thanks! Finished it up this morning before work, and haven't had a chance to go for a test ride. to get to the 135mm air gap, I used about 350mL. I thought it would have taken a little more fork oil.

I went with the Mupo kit to replace the Ricor Intiminators that I installed quite a few years ago. They were starting to make a clanking sound when it hit larger bumps. I noticed if I dropped them from about 2" high, they would make a clicking sound. Not sure if this is normal, but I never heard the sound until this year.

Here's a pic of the Ricor and the Mupo. The Mupo is on the left.

IMG 9332

Back