• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

30 amp fuse blowing

caswain

Tuned and Synch'ed
About three weeks ago I took the key out of the ignition to find it was quite hot (strange I thought) only rode about 60 miles
the next day rode 20 miles got back on bike and no power on dash, found that the 30 amp fuse had blown so put the spare in and all ok

but two weeks later the fuse blow again twice in one day and again the next day, anyone any idea or had simular problem, these were dry sunny days, bike starts up no problem

it's not on the same fuse line as my satnav or autocom so can rule that out in fact there spured of fuse number 6 with 15 amp fuses
I have disconnected the alarm system and put the choc block in its place for a few weeks to test if its the alarm causing the 30 amp fuse to blow

been back to the dealer who was willing to look at it as its under warranty but it would have ment leaving the bike with him for a couple of weeks while he elliminates one item at a time

actually I have come across a bit of a floor with the imobliser/alarm in testing the bike out but dont want to say to much in case bike theives latch on to it

It is time to trace the circuit for that fuse. Schematics are available in the Resource section to identify the components that fuse supplies. I'm suspecting a possible corroded connector or an intermittent short in a harness.

I also suspect the bike is still under warranty, so you might get your dealer to check it out if you wish.

It looks like it was the Meta alarm system that was at fault, the battery was dead as a dodo
so my deal replaced the alarm in March FOC and have had no problems since
apparantly the Meta alarms are known for the battery packing up and causing all sorts of problems
meta have a three year warranty but because it came with the bike Moto Guzzi only warrant it for two years
as Piaggio bought the company out so I am led to believe.(Strange)
I still carry a pocket full of spare fuses just in case though :)

thanks for the help caswain. turns out mine was an insulation break on the starter/solenoid.
i'll keep that alarm problem in mind the next time i have to troubleshoot. all the best.

Starter

It looks like it was the Meta alarm system that was at fault, the battery was dead as a dodo
so my deal replaced the alarm in March FOC and have had no problems since
apparantly the Meta alarms are known for the battery packing up and causing all sorts of problems
meta have a three year warranty but because it came with the bike Moto Guzzi only warrant it for two years
as Piaggio bought the company out so I am led to believe.(Strange)
I still carry a pocket full of spare fuses just in case though :)

Is the OEM alarm system that is installed on the California Touring?

All factory alarms are to be disconnected they cause electrical gremlins on all models. There stuff don't work. This is from tech training, still applies.
There was also an update to be performed that cuts a 12V wire to alt, on all 14's. Was for a batt lite on dash that doesn't exsist and will cause failure of alt if key is left on.

All factory alarms are to be disconnected they cause electrical gremlins on all models. There stuff don't work. This is from tech training, still applies.
There was also an update to be performed that cuts a 12V wire to alt, on all 14's. Was for a batt lite on dash that doesn't exsist and will cause failure of alt if key is left on.

Are these recalls? Are these technical bulletins? If so, can you provide information such as TB number or how to get information on recall?

Recall is the alternator wire. After I set my alarm to only be on when I told it to from the key fob I had zero problems with it. I actually used it a couple of times and it seemed to be fine.

Recall is the alternator wire. After I set my alarm to only be on when I told it to from the key fob I had zero problems with it. I actually used it a couple of times and it seemed to be fine.

Thanks. I got the alternator wire recall done when I took my bike to Europa Macchina to get heat shields replaced under warranty.

Do you have the recall number? My bike went dead last week. It is currently at the dealer. If it is in-fact the alternator wire, i want them to know of the recall.
Thanks,

Back