• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

All my ponies.....

Trout

GT Reference
As a young man I had worked most every day of my life and at times I wondered why.

The past 20 years have been a mix of frustrations and satisfaction & it has taken that long to have established a solid business. I am now 64 years old & hoping to retire in the next few years & I am feeling very grate full for all those years of steady work that now allows me to enjoy my ponies.

Attachments

• IMG_0959.JPG
    IMG_0959.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0962.JPG
    IMG_0962.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0963.JPG
    IMG_0963.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0984.JPG
    IMG_0984.JPG
    264.2 KB · Views: 23
  • aa00001.JPG
    aa00001.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 22
I hope to retire and enjoy my bikes some day also. Glad to see you are about to make it. I have about 5-6 more years. Those of you who set up your own business and take that huge chance I envy. I was never brave enough.

I too worked my butt off for many decades building a business in America. Then Mr. Obama comes along and says "you didn't build that business". Yea, well that's another story but he couldn't run a soda stand if he tried. OK no more political commentary.

So, I too worked hard but I'm thankful that we have built a company that allows me to take time to ride and own motorcycles.
Way too many.
Last Summer in August my son who was 19 at the time and I rode our bikes to Sturgis, did many famous roads and parks and all the way to Vegas and then California and back. 5600 miles in 22 days of riding and having fun father and son.
I'm now 55, he's a mechanical engineering junior at the University of Illinois with a full time paid internship here locally in engineering
and we may get a few days to take a short trip this Summer so I'm very thankful for the near month I had with my son last year.
My wife graciously said, "Go! this is the year for it", and I'm glad she did.

I've owned 30 bikes in 10 years and logged 100,000 miles. Very happy man.

Almost same story, plenty of bikes before self employment not so many now. But I have more time to play and fiddle than ride - on call.
Went to a bike night at Harry's Diner last night, saw a Griso and a few other nice bikes plus a crap load of hardleys.
Some bloke commented on the amount of money I would have spent on Bella.
I replied. "$20k over 5 years, $4k pa, $80 per week. That's 2 packets of cigarettes with current taxes, and I don't smoke, drink or gamble. I think I'm in front compared to most people here (at Harry's).

Just wish I gave up drinking sooner, I would have had more ponies. Plus the dreaming, researching and planning customization is better therapy for me than rum. :):D:happy:

Nice little stash you got there Trout!

Hey Ghezzi!
Thanks I feel like I've got a good representation of different style bikes:
Mille=Cafe racer, Jackal = Bobber, Griso= a perfect blend of retro modern & Victory=American V-Twin Touring.

All my bikes in the early years were somebody else's "throw aways", picked up on the cheap, fixed & rode.
I quit smoking in 2010 & in 2012 bought my first ever brand new bike, a 2011 Guzzi Black Eagle.

Did not realize you'all had the hardley plauge down under!

Last edited:
As I look back on my 55 years but only 9.8 years of riding motorcycles I think about all the cash I lost in trading bikes. Was it smart and worth it? Not really but at times a learning lesson.
I was looking for perfect when I realized perfect comes with three different bikes in the stable not one.
Type of riding has a lot to do with it.
I like different and not just "cookie cutter" and Guzzi and my Yamaha TW200 gives me that. My Heritage is a premium bike but just another Harley.
My wife gave me 25K for our 25th wedding anniversary to buy any bike I wanted.
The rest is history.
A good one though.

I'm thankful for these years of riding and learning and having fun with my son and watching him become a greatly skilled motorcyclist and having time to ride across this great nation with him many times to same places in the mountains and sometimes just for breakfast in Indiana.
I've learned a lot.

I too have never smoked, never drank and never gambled and certainly no drugs and my wife noted this during our 35 years and wanted me to have a gift based upon my restraint in spending. This was very kind of her. I've benefited from meeting many great folks in the motorcycling world and it has added to my life.
Thanks to you who have shared.

Back