• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Audace exhaust options

I would recommend the Zard option for the closest to stock look for the Audace; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/zard-california1400-mufflers/ - and I have gutted a set of the standard 1400 mufflers (other post on it in this section), but I have yet to cut apart the Audace set.

Todd,

Is the muffler support bracket (that attaches to the passenger foot peg mount on the California) the same on the Audace, Eldorado and California? I haven't looked at the parts list yet but thought you may know since you are so involved in all MG models.

I would recommend the Zard option for the closest to stock look for the Audace; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/zard-california1400-mufflers/ - and I have gutted a set of the standard 1400 mufflers (other post on it in this section), but I have yet to cut apart the Audace set.

I did take the time to check and the muffler brackets are identical for the California and Eldorado, but the Audace uses a different muffler bracket. So, using mufflers that fit the California and Eldorado won't happen without some kind of adaptor plate.

Last edited:
The Zard looks ok indeed. I was hoping the Lafranconi (stock provider) or Agostini would have an option. Not as familiar with Zard.

Todd( new here so I assume you are the administrator) - how did it sound after you gutted the Cali exhaust? Did it require engine reprogram?

I do believe that is going to be horribly loud.
I do hope you enjoy it but I'm sure your neighbors will not care for it.
Personally I am not a fan of loud pipes just to be loud.
I love the sound of a well tuned engine & the exhaust rumble that goes with it anything beyond that is just, well, loud.

PS: You can't lower the idle to make it sound like an American V-Twin built in Milwaukee.

It is bolt on for 2015 and earlier but the crossover conflicted with a secondary air pump that was added to the 2016 model. Todd (of Guzzi Tech) moved the horns and pump so it could fit. Before I found the conflict I installed the right side. Before pulling it off I plugged the crossover and ran the bike and couldn't hear the difference with the stock pipes. The manufacturer at MASS assured me they are same DB as stock.

With the MASS pipes I could remove the aluminum brackets that held the passenger pegs, shock canisters and brake reserve. I was able to relocate everything and eventually will upgrade the rear shocks and get piggyback units to clean that up. Next thing I would like to do is shave that rear fender way down if not remove it altogether. AUDACE gl

I like what you are doing. When you pull that rear fender & do the shocks she will clean up real nice. Keep posting.

It has baffles and produces identical DB as stock (92).

If "as stock" is 92db then the Audace is not legal in many states in the U.S. I am pretty sure that any motorcycle manufacturer selling in the U.S. is not going to try to sell a bike in the U.S. that exceeds the noise limits in any state in the U.S. That would be setting themselves up for a law suit and possible loss of the market.

If "as stock" is 92db then the Audace is not legal in many states in the U.S. I am pretty sure that any motorcycle manufacturer selling in the U.S. is not going to try to sell a bike in the U.S. that exceeds the noise limits in any state in the U.S. That would be setting themselves up for a law suit and possible loss of the market.

Correct, the "old" standard was 92, but the States are generally 80-82 with a few mid 80's with different testing standards. Our inspection stations don't test db limits, but a few area "resort" towns do test/strictly enforce trucks, cars and motorcycles. Like many things, depending where you are and how much you draw attention be it noise, speed, etc., you may never get looked at. I would think it would not be a moving/points violation though.

cheers

Correct, the "old" standard was 92, but the States are generally 80-82 with a few mid 80's with different testing standards. Our inspection stations don't test db limits, but a few area "resort" towns do test/strictly enforce trucks, cars and motorcycles. Like many things, depending where you are and how much you draw attention be it noise, speed, etc., you may never get looked at. I would think it would not be a moving/points violation though.

cheers

LOL! Florida must have seceded. This is open pipe territory I have never seen or heard so many loud bikes without being at a race track.
That's why I am so down on loud pipes.

LOL! Florida must have seceded. This is open pipe territory I have never seen or heard so many loud bikes without being at a race track.
That's why I am so down on loud pipes.

From http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/motorcycle-noise-limits/

Florida

The maximum sound levels permitted are 82dBA (35mph or less) for vehicles manufactured before January 1, 1979; and 78dBA(over 35mph) for vehicles manufactures after January 1, 1979.

The are laws and there is law enforcement. In many places laws are not enforced, but if it is on the books the LEOs could decide to write a ticket for it tomorrow.

From http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/motorcycle-noise-limits/

Florida

The maximum sound levels permitted are 82dBA (35mph or less) for vehicles manufactured before January 1, 1979; and 78dBA(over 35mph) for vehicles manufactures after January 1, 1979.

The are laws and there is law enforcement. In many places laws are not enforced, but if it is on the books the LEOs could decide to write a ticket for it tomorrow.

Kinda wish they would start today.

Back