• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2014 Norge handle bars

polkpr

Tuned and Synch'ed
Would like to bring the handle bars back and perhaps up just a bit. I note after a couple of hours, I am getting some stress between my shoulder blades. I noted the "Helibar" risers but they are fairly expensive (in my opinion) running about $350. However, I am not finding much in the way of other options. Can anyone provide other options?

Also, how tough are these to put on?

Thanks, Paul in VA

I found some 25mm riser spacers on eBay for $100. They were sold by Moto International. I installed them and since I lowered the rear with a shorter shock I can slide the forks up into these spacers an equal amount. I never really took a long ride prior to their installation so I can't comment on the improvement but I can say I am ok with them on.
Oh yea, very easy to install. Couple bolts on the bottom and one on top on each side. Cables were no problem.

I found some 25mm riser spacers on eBay for $100. They were sold by Moto International. I installed them and since I lowered the rear with a shorter shock I can slide the forks up into these spacers an equal amount. I never really took a long ride prior to their installation so I can't comment on the improvement but I can say I am ok with them on.
Oh yea, very easy to install. Couple bolts on the bottom and one on top on each side. Cables were no problem.

According to the online notes at Moto International the risers wont fit the 4 valve Norge, only the 2 valve.

According to the online notes at Moto International the risers wont fit the 4 valve Norge, only the 2 valve.

If you go to wildguzzi .com Norge Pilot has a thread explaining how to make a low cost riser. The Heli Bars only work on bikes to 2010. I tried a set on my 2012 because the oem lists the same riser according to my dealer. Problem is they are not the same.

The 25mm risers fit between the upper triple tree and the bars. I figure they fit the 2014 since I installed them on my 2012. As I said they are just spacers. Easy to install as only 3 bolts per side.

In any case, the Helibars alter the early Norge bars to more or less what you now get with the Norge 8v models. So even if they did fit you would get little benefit.

Hi ab,
i have ducks disease so interested in lowering options. can you provide any info/ specs on the "shorter shock" you fitted?
thanks, dave

The 25mm risers fit between the upper triple tree and the bars. I figure they fit the 2014 since I installed them on my 2012. As I said they are just spacers. Easy to install as only 3 bolts per side.
Is this the kit?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 9
Hi ab,
i have ducks disease so interested in lowering options. can you provide any info/ specs on the "shorter shock" you fitted?
thanks, dave
I contacted Todd who set me up with and Ohlins rear. Just gave him the info and he did the rest. We discussed the lowering amount as I was worried about the centerstand dragging. I have not dragged it yet but it is so much in the back of my mind I keep thinking of removing it. I dragged the centerstand on my 2007 mid corner and one time is enough to convince me I did not ever want to do that again. I have cut back the stop for the stand so it barely clears the muffler when up.
I am lowered about 5/8" (16mm). I only have a 28" (711mm) inseam so almost all bikes are too tall for my comfort. What I find odd is even for me the footpeg to seat relationship seems too close. THose of you with long inseams must really notice it.

Back