• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Rear stand now available @ Pitbull

Franco, the stand has been re-designed now. I have one in stock for anyone interested... and for those with the oil-bathed alternator, it make service/valve adjust an easy task unless you've already purchased/put on a center-stand.

Just to not degrade Pit Bull's reputation, they are one of the best in the business, and were way early to the game. Every AMA paddock for most of the last 20+ years is/was littered with them. They work.

The V7 had some slight teething problems. Like everything else, it usually just takes some practice to get it right.

Franco, the stand has been re-designed now. I have one in stock for anyone interested... and for those with the oil-bathed alternator, it make service/valve adjust an easy task unless you've already purchased/put on a center-stand.

Just to not degrade Pit Bull's reputation, they are one of the best in the business, and were way early to the game. Every AMA paddock for most of the last 20+ years is/was littered with them. They work.

The V7 had some slight teething problems. Like everything else, it usually just takes some practice to get it right.

Thanks for sharing Todd. What did they do in the redesign?

Definitely not bashing Pit Bull at all. The stands are overbuilt and the quality is A+. The original rear stand just had an issue with fitment in my opinion. I don't use the stand often, and luckily my simple fix seems to work well. Good to know there was a redesign, but sucks for those who bought the original ones that weren't an accurate fit; they're a bit expensive to not be fully R&Ded before production. I would buy their stands again though for sure, they're excellent.

Franco, the stand has been re-designed now.

Three questions...

Does anyone know if the new rear stand completely solves the fitment problem with the old stand - which Pit Bull describes on its web site as a "misalignment" issue - and does it work with a V7 II Special/Racer?

Also, can the front headlift stand be used without removing anything from the bike?

Finally, can one person easily get a bike that's on a side stand onto the Pit Bull stands, or does it realistically take two people, one to hold the bike upright.

Thanks

Last edited:
I can get my Racer on my Pit Bull stand by myself. I don't think mine is the re-design, I bought it a couple of years ago. It is a little tricky and you need to be careful. I had a Pit Bull stand for my old Ducs and it was a breeze, not so much on the V7. I did find that putting the stand with the handle pointing towards the front wheel instead of rear did make things align a bit easier.

I will be selling my rear stand very soon, simply because I am not really using it much at all anymore. Probably will put it up for sale here for $50-$75 off or something. It's basically unused.

Although I had a problem with the rear stand in the beginning, my simple trick solved all the problems. Simply removing the one bolt on the cross bar to allow the scoops to rest fully to the right solved any potential clearance issues with the side stand getting in the way if it slips, etc. Yes removing a bolt is not ideal but how often are you using the rear stand, and it's a 1 minute extra job.

I can get my Racer on my Pit Bull stand by myself. I don't think mine is the re-design, I bought it a couple of years ago. It is a little tricky and you need to be careful. I had a Pit Bull stand for my old Ducs and it was a breeze, not so much on the V7. I did find that putting the stand with the handle pointing towards the front wheel instead of rear did make things align a bit easier.

Thanks for this.

I've been able to determine that the Pit Bull front headlift stand does not require, as it does for some bikes, the removal of any V7 II parts.

The remaining question is whether the re-design of the rear stand fully addresses the alignment problem with the original design. If anyone is using the new stand, it would be great to get your views on this question.

Back