• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM ECU V7 & V9 Flash Tool

None of the computers I've connected it to have recognized it so far. Neither new or oldish... Am I doing something wrong? Connected it to a computer via USB port, shows that it's connected, but stays in Unspecified category under Devices and Printers. No options to activate it or such. Just stays there.

Thanks
Did you install the software sent via email link?

Will this programmer box hook up to a Android tablet? I don't have a PC. Or is it any cheaper if I can get it done at your shop Todd?

Alrighty! Here it comes!

So to start, I want to thank Todd for his impeccable customer support. The problem I had (see above) was resolved within minutes and Todd sent me the revised map within half an hour of when I've sent him the stock one! Your customer care Todd is next to none! Appreciate the assistance very much!

Now to the tool. Took about 12 minutes to download the stock map onto the tool and about 7-8 minutes to upload the revised map along with TPS and auto-learn resets. Nothing difficult or very involving in this process. Pretty much a plug and play, just like everybody likes it.

This morning, after uploading the map onto ECU, I've embarked on my "or so much fun every time" commute to work. Immediately you feel like you are on a different bike. If not for all the great little, and some not so little, noises the little Guzzi makes, I would think I've switched to a different motorcycle. The throttle is so smooth, I couldn't believe it, but I see myself getting used to it very fast and believe that the bikes should come this smooth from the factory. But they, most likely, have their reasons for making it the way it is. Power delivery is smooth and constant, I can now cruise in first gear and low rpms (NYC rush hour problems) in traffic, as suppose to the previously experienced jerkiness and throttle lag in those conditions. No dead spots during acceleration - priceless! The pipes have become quieter, still can't believe it's possible, but almost no backfires (definitely no shotgun pops) and the popping on deceleration has decreased as well. Still get some, but I can live with what I have after upgrade as suppose to gunfire I've had before. The bike seems to be running a lot cooler too. I accidentally touched the pipes when I arrived and didn't burn myself, so I had to touch them again to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Even the shifting has become a lot smoother! I don't have the "try to shift into first" or "let's how fast you can find neutral" problems first 10 minutes after the cold start.

All in all - I'm really happy with this upgrade and would definitely recommend it to anyone who has issues or dislikes the throttle response and power delivery of the stock bike.

Thanks to Todd and the rest, and happy riding to you all!

Alrighty! Here it comes!

So to start, I want to thank Todd for his impeccable customer support. The problem I had (see above) was resolved within minutes and Todd sent me the revised map within half an hour of when I've sent him the stock one! Your customer care Todd is next to none! Appreciate the assistance very much!

Now to the tool. Took about 12 minutes to download the stock map onto the tool and about 7-8 minutes to upload the revised map along with TPS and auto-learn resets. Nothing difficult or very involving in this process. Pretty much a plug and play, just like everybody likes it.

This morning, after uploading the map onto ECU, I've embarked on my "or so much fun every time" commute to work. Immediately you feel like you are on a different bike. If not for all the great little, and some not so little, noises the little Guzzi makes, I would think I've switched to a different motorcycle. The throttle is so smooth, I couldn't believe it, but I see myself getting used to it very fast and believe that the bikes should come this smooth from the factory. But they, most likely, have their reasons for making it the way it is. Power delivery is smooth and constant, I can now cruise in first gear and low rpms (NYC rush hour problems) in traffic, as suppose to the previously experienced jerkiness and throttle lag in those conditions. No dead spots during acceleration - priceless! The pipes have become quieter, still can't believe it's possible, but almost no backfires (definitely no shotgun pops) and the popping on deceleration has decreased as well. Still get some, but I can live with what I have after upgrade as suppose to gunfire I've had before. The bike seems to be running a lot cooler too. I accidentally touched the pipes when I arrived and didn't burn myself, so I had to touch them again to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Even the shifting has become a lot smoother! I don't have the "try to shift into first" or "let's how fast you can find neutral" problems first 10 minutes after the cold start.

All in all - I'm really happy with this upgrade and would definitely recommend it to anyone who has issues or dislikes the throttle response and power delivery of the stock bike.

Thanks to Todd and the rest, and happy riding to you all!

Thanks for the report, i have my wife's v7 on the charger now, will try to start this process tonight, nice to hear so many positive reports on this.

I am thinking of just getting the new map right away and just not installing it until after our ride out to wash the bikes, that way she can feel the difference and understand why i spent so much on what in her opinion is a perfectly fine running bike:)

Just a reminder of how well this service worked for me.
Yesterday was a great day-one of the first of spring-so out I go. ALL day I marveled at how perfect my 15 V7 with Augostini pipes runs. Perfect on or off throttle, never any decel popping, starts and idles superb.

Couldn't be more pleased.

THX Todd. Well done.

i still have yet to program my wifes, but i will kinda miss the decel popping:) i do love the sound of her bike while riding just off the side and behind her.

Glad you'r so happy with it.

i still have yet to program my wifes, but i will kinda miss the decel popping:) i do love the sound of her bike while riding just off the side and behind her.

Glad you'r so happy with it.

I know I will miss mine too! But I'm sure I'm going to love the smooth acceleration and idle and cold starts after the remap.

It is a blast, much better throttle response, sweet power delivery and no cold start hesitation during throttle opening at all. It's so good from cold you cannot actually tell when the bike has been wormed up.
The best feature is -for me- after approaching a bend and ease at the throttle to turn in,when open it again you instantly feel the power ,without any delay followed by abrupt response as before.That alone makes the bike much much more pleasing to ride in bends (and faster) .
To sum it up "money well spent".

Do you advise to install a free air flow filter now? The bike is equipped with Arrows end cans with removed baffles.
Todd furter to the question above I would like to confirm that nothing happens when just run a simple diagnostic check during dealer services.

I got my ECU flash tool the other day. Followed the instructions and downloaded the current map from my bike. Emailed it to Todd and had the replacement map back from him in about 15 minutes. Put the map on the ECU tool, plugged it into the bike, and downloaded it. The whole process was super easy, took about an hour from opening the box, to having an awesome running V7II!

The bike before the flash was barely adequate, anemic and rough running. Now it fires right up, smooth idle, and really sets you back in the seat when you twist it up. The acceleration is so effortless now, like a different motorcycle. All I can say is that it makes me smile every time I take off from a light, or go to pass on the highway. Just awesome! Kudos to Todd for making a great product! Worth every penny.

Todd's email says he is traveling so hoping maybe someone on here can help me out. I followed all the appropriate steps, updated the unit with the PC software, connected it to the bike, followed the prompts and confirmed the key was on when asked. Then a few seconds go by as it shows its reading and it stops and gives me an error message: "Error Communicating With ECU, Try Again".

This has happened every time, not sure if there is something I am doing wrong or if anyone had similar experiences?
Thanks in advance!

The lead that plugs into the programmer box should have 3 pins on the end that plugs into
The Ecu lead under the seat.
What can happen is one of these pins can slide back when plugged in and not make proper contact.
So Check in the plug to see that the 3 pins are all same length as one of the pins might have
Slid back and is not making contact.
If this is the problem just pull the rubber boot back and give the pin a push.

Can anyone tell me whether it's possible to upload more than one map to the device?
Yes. The box can hold 5 total maps. However, let me stress that this is not something I want to do as it can be hugely detrimental if wrong. Please, email me for corrections. Posting here isnt helpful at all, as I can't keep up with posts here.

Dan, you'll need a new box. Sorry about that. I'll have to look at my notes on what was ordered. Regardless we'll get it straightened out.
Thanks Todd. I can send this one back, is it just the box itself or all the wires and such too? If I can just send the box and swap just that I can ship it out today if you can let me know when you can ship out the replacement

Thanks Todd. I can send this one back, is it just the box itself or all the wires and such too? If I can just send the box and swap just that I can ship it out today if you can let me know when you can ship out the replacement
Box only, and I'll follow up via email. I am not able to constantly communicate here via the Forum, as stated many times now.

These posts are exactly the reason why I'm reluctant to do the remapping thing. Give me an engine and gearbox, set of carbs (remember them?) and I'll happily rebuild it, no problem.
Anything to do with computers, androids, usb, or any of that junk and I know it's a one way trip to stress-ville!
Just ordered a set of Mistrals for my V7ii Racer, together with a K&N filter, so I'm hoping they'll just work ok without any of that messing.
If not, it will be a huge problem, as I haven't found anyone in UK who can do the remapping for Guzzis, and dealers don't want to know.
When I did a similar modification to my Bonneville, it took me about half a day to change exhausts, modify the airbox, remove the AIS and O2 sensors, and then a further 2 days to remap the thing. I'm really hoping I don't have to do that with the Guzzi.

Back