• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Posting Policy and Banning

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
All, I really hate having to do this, but this site is business driven, in order to pay the bills here. Donations are minimal, and don't even come close to begin paying the costs. It's really sad that in such a small community I have to deal with things like this.

REPETITIVE
offsite links to competing products and posts linking people to other sites for similar information elsewhere will get you banned from this site. Bashing posts found elsewhere online will as well. I will not allow carnival barkers to come to the site and spew noise with no integrity. No real business would allow that. If you want to jump on the bandwagon elsewhere, know that Google Alerts is watching.

For the record, this site is/was and has been my site since 2001. I try to operate with the highest integrity. I am human, and I am a one man show. I'm doing my best to improve the brand and the machines, usually at a loss for my time and efforts, and more often getting dumped on via those who have nothing else to do other then have me solve their problems for free. That said, yes I try to make a buck or two off of things as do most businesses, side donations just help pay for sites costs here.

I do cleanse my site of many things including anything outside of the Guzzi world, a service that I will continue to provide. I could just pull the plug on the Forum and take it down. There are many sites out there for other brands selling products like British Customs and many others that don't have forums. I can now see why.

You know what they say about people with opinions. Choose to not be a hater. Really don't understand the anger.

Support the site, don't support the site, doesn't matter to me, but choosing to bash anyone publicly online is just cowardly and lame. I don't do it, nor allow it here. Ironically the only other major Guzzi Forum stole all of its traffic from the MGNOC. Which is why I stepped down as a rep, and many left the MGNOC. Secondly, irony in that it's #1 rule there is "No un-justified personal or dealer attacks."

I will continue to grow this website and products for those who support *this* site. Much appreciate those who do.

One thing I've learned Todd is that with a business like this you will end up with a lot of so called mates and others that will criticise you but that won't stop them asking for info on fixing or upgrades for their bikes.
I know how it hurts as I've been through the same crap with a Hobby Shop I used to own.
I ended up selling up as I had had enough of the lies and so called mates that I never saw again after I Sold up.
Anyhow all you can do is your best and try and ignore the rest.

It sucks but it's not surprising.

Very few people put their money where their mouth is.

What always gripes me are the criticisms about someone trying to make a buck. Making a buck is what makes the world go 'round.

There aren't too many people out there that work for free.

Just a small taste of what I deal with daily... Please don't order from me if you expect mail order warehouse service. I am a tiny one man operation that builds a few parts at a time for this miniscule brand called Moto Guzzi.

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Dmitry Kalashnikov wrote:
Hi Todd What's my tracking number? Still haven't gotten one.

On Jun 22, 2016, at 9:17 AM, Todd wrote:
Dmitry, sorry. They still are not done. I can't yet say when they will ship... as I'm at the mercy of the coater. Can I send to another address you will be arriving at, or would you like a refund?

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Dmitry Kalashnikov wrote:
I'll wait. Any way to overnight / 2 day shipping?

On Jun 22, 2016 Todd wrote:
I ship USPS Priority. ~2 days on average. I can't make calls or reply here any more until they ship, sorry.

On Jun 24, 2016 Dmitry Kalashnikov wrote:
I understand that you're busy, like me ... Buts it's taking like 2 weeks to get it shipped out just because of powder coating!? Can you contact your coater and have them finish it ASAP? Maybe you guys should look into using a different coater.

On Jun 24, 2016 Todd wrote:
I don't have time for this right now. I deliver them to the coaters once I get an order. They are chrome plated, so they must be stripped, prepped and shot. This takes time 7-10 days with some of the best coaters around. Let me just refund you and we can both move on.

On Jun 24, 2016 Dmitry Kalashnikov wrote:
Don't do anything ... I'll just wait. If you would have told me it takes 10 days I wouldn't have.

On Jul 7, 2016 Dmitry Kalashnikov wrote:
Hi Todd, its been exactly 1 month now since I’ve placed an order … How is it going with vintage valve cover kit? (I don’t want a refund — I really want those adapters/covers.) Any word on when I’ll get it?

On Jul 14, 2006 Dmitry Kalashnikov wrote:
Where we my covers? Another week gone buy. I've placed my order well over a month ago. This is getting ridiculous.

On Jul 14, 2016 Dmitry Kalashnikov wrote:
"Thanks for making me wait 40 days and then refunding my order, asshole. I'm gonna make a point of it to make sure you don't do it to others. Nice dealing with you."

Last edited:
So very sorry, Todd, that you have to put up with this type of abuse. You're clear about the issue and very willing to negotiate to an equitable resolution.

Todd, I've had nothing but good interactions with you. I've only ordered a couple of things, but both arrived in the amount of time I'd expect in such transactions.

I wonder if it would help you a bit if you posted in your "welcome' message for your store the bit above about being a one-person operation. It might help to manage expectations for those who don't know. And in those inevitable situations where it doesn't, you could just point to it and leave it at that.

Having said that, it looks as though, in this case, nothing would've helped. You offered a refund early on which is about the best you could do. I wouldn't have been as polite as you were :banghead:

Whiners going to whine.

Those of us who live in the real world know customs, one-offs and limited production take a long time. The rest should shop at Amazon. I'm just happy I don't have to send a check in the mail, wait for it to get there, wait for it to clear, wait for the part to be fabricated and wait for the part to be shipped by special carrier. When I purchased my custom Bicycle frame it took 14 months to get, when I purchased a custom rowing shell it took 18 months to receive and I was happy it was done so quickly.

I look at as I'm working on my Zen while modifying / maintaining my Guzzi. This is a good thing. All the reason for me to have a spare goose and maybe a spare - spare goose.

I have a slow powder coater as well thing is they do great work and the finished job is usually trouble free,
so like they say,
perfection takes time,
or Rome was not built in a day.

Illegitimi non carborundum

As the grandson of Italian immigrants, I know that Americans have a reputation in Europe that is well deserved. They believe us to be demanding, impatient, opinionated, spoiled-rotten brats and so many of us never waste an opportunity to prove them correct. I guess a lot of Americans don't frequently deal with Europeans like I do.

All the time, I seem to order parts from Italy, Germany, Spain, France, Poland, Hungary, etc. Some places, are larger companies with large resources, but even then, things take time. Most of the places I deal with are "One-Man" operations or Mom and Pop places, and patience is the name of the game. If you go to Italy, you will soon learn that the most used term in business is "domani, domani" - "tomorrow, tomorrow" which never ever means "tomorrow" but rather "when it happens, it happens - don't worry".

Is it really so hard for people to understand that Moto Guzzi is a BOUTIQUE brand. The factory makes 10,000 units a year by hand for the whole world.

So, that means, when we get anything custom or specific to our motorcycle, we should be very grateful that some poor bastard took it upon himself in the first-place to create the item for the marketplace. They certainly will not get rich selling to Moto Guzzi owners. There just aren't that many of us to get rich on! If they are careful and very lucky, they just might be able to scratch a decent living. I don't begrudge the man who does this for us and neither should anybody else.

Some people are just so damn stupid that they cannot resist biting the hand that feeds them...

Last edited:
Back