• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 1100 - Intermittent Service Alarm

freshbreva

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
The warning light on my '06 sometimes comes on for the duration of a short ride. Occasionally it will come on when I start the bike, so I turn it off and back on again and it goes away. For the last couple of days it has come on when I start it up and stays on for my short ride (~6 mi) to/from work. The display reads "SERVICE" at the bottom. I just went out to the garage and started the bike again to verify what the display said earlier today, and the warning light did NOT come on.

Any guesses about the cause of the mystery warning light?

Thanks,
Ron

You need to find out the fault code, mine recently was 07 oil pressure sensor.... A common oil pressure switch failure..... Replace

To get the fault code you will need the service code.....
Breva 850 & 1100 -- 36421 or 36424; With joystick: 28315
1200 Sport -- 36421 - For models with button control, (i.e. like the Griso set-up) --OR-- 28315 - for the 'Joystick' type (like the Norge/Breva 11 etc.).
2007-10 Norge 1200 2V & 2012+ 4V -- 28315
Griso 850 , 1100 & 1200 -- 12425
Griso 8V -- 12425
Bellagio -- 21959
Stelvio -- 10695
1400 California -- 34534

I keep them on my phone just in case I can help someone else.
You can reset the fault code memory too.
Accessed through the trip 1, 2 MODE Button

Last edited:
Much thanks. I already knew the code for the B11, but it wasn't clear how to enter the digits. I thought perhaps it required connection to an external computer, but after considering the one-button approach, I realized pressing the button stepped through the digits. So, having mastered that I was able to display the ECU & "dashboard" errors. Remember, at this point the warning light is no longer on, but the lists read as follows:

ECU errors:
all #s (10-62, and 00) show "o" in the "Act" column.

Dashboard errors:
A M
01 o X
02 o o
03-08 o X

I don't know what "Act" or the "A" and "M" column headings stand for.
Is there any significance in the fact that the 02 dashboard error has an "o" in the M column?

o is no code. x indicates a code. A is for active and M is for memory. You sure have a bunch of dash codes in memory. if you get the Breva 1100 service manual in the downloads section it will tell you what the codes are for, sort of. See if you can get hooked up to diagnostic software to clear the codes, or try to clear them through the dash menu. My bed is the same as Android's, flaky oil pressure switch, but all the other codes do concern me to some degree.

Thanks for the decryption. I do have the service manual, but I think all those memory codes must come from very old electronic or power glitches. I did have some power issues way back when, before I installed the starter wiring mod from MPH Cycles. I think the thing to do is clear them all then wait to see what shows up new, esp. next time I see the warning light.

Ride on!
Ron

Thanks for posting, Android. I have a '15 Norge. No problems thus far, aside from the Neutral light being flaky (it flickers on/off when in N, and sometimes - usually when hot - goes off all together when coming to a stop). Kind of annoying when having to hold in the clutch to start. Anyway, "good to know" info! Thx.

You need to find out the fault code, mine recently was 07 oil pressure sensor.... A common oil pressure switch failure..... Replace

To get the fault code you will need the service code.....
Breva 850 & 1100 -- 36421 or 36424; With joystick: 28315
1200 Sport -- 36421 - For models with button control, (i.e. like the Griso set-up) --OR-- 28315 - for the 'Joystick' type (like the Norge/Breva 11 etc.).
2007-10 Norge 1200 2V & 2012+ 4V -- 28315
Griso 850 , 1100 & 1200 -- 12425
Griso 8V -- 12425
Bellagio -- 21959
Stelvio -- 10695
1400 California -- 34534

I keep them on my phone just in case I can help someone else.
You can reset the fault code memory too.
Accessed through the trip 1, 2 MODE Button

I had the same Service warning and as I was advice on this great forum replacing the oil pressure switch for the new style fixed it

Averb No. On startup, the ECU tests to see if the switch is grounded (ie tests for a fault) and if good, then remembers the status. If it fails you get the error you see.

On the other hand, if after you successfully get through the tests and start your engine, and later on the oil pressure falls below the critical number (don't know what this number is, but someone will) you then get the switch closing for real and you then get an oil can symbol. be very aware that if you get the oil can symbol, you may have a real problem.

You can get around the first problem by starting your engine before the tests have completed. Best of all you need to replace you oil pressure sensor, which is time consuming but straightforward. Personally I think it's the connector on top that is (usually) the problem (in that electrically there is not a good connection so the error gets shown), though there have been faulty switches seen. Easy fix, get a new one and fit it.

If you want to discuss, call me on 0450 536 807

The warning light on my '06 sometimes comes on for the duration of a short ride. Occasionally it will come on when I start the bike, so I turn it off and back on again and it goes away. For the last couple of days it has come on when I start it up and stays on for my short ride (~6 mi) to/from work. The display reads "SERVICE" at the bottom. I just went out to the garage and started the bike again to verify what the display said earlier today, and the warning light did NOT come on.

Any guesses about the cause of the mystery warning light?

Thanks,
Ron

On the left of the engine, under the tank you've got a kind of candel wich test oil pressure. You have to tight it. It's possible without to take of the tank but 1/8 turn at once.[/QUOTE]

Back