• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Changes to V7 II Stock (Special)

rob-mg

Just got it firing!
Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for near-term changes.

I intend to wait until the first service to do anything significant, including shocks, exhaust, fuelling, seat, getting rid of rear fender, etc.

I've added the OEM rear rack, the Dart Marlin screen and a USB charger.

So I guess that I mostly want to get views on additional simple/minor changes.

Is there a mirror out there that gives better visibility (I don't care about aesthetics on this issue, and in particular about whether I use bar end mirrors)?

What are good complements to the OEM rear rack? Apart from Kriega, which I'm not keen on. For riding around town and picking up groceries, etc, I'd be completely happy with some kind of egg crate arrangement.

Crash bars or sliders, or neither, and which brand of the former (given that Sato seems to be the only producer of sliders)?

Clutch and brake levers? Are Pazzo/CRG a waste of money?

Lights, both the headlight and indicators, from the point of view of improving visibility during the day (I don't ride at night).

Mount for an iPhone on the handlebar?

Anything else that you can suggest?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Rob, most of your questions can be answered by a simple search in this section, but a few comments... And be sure to click on the Store tab above; I use and sell everything to be sure it works well.

Mirrors: I sell a few on my Store that work well that mount in the stock location. I will also be selling Rizoma here soon as well. Also, the stock Griso mirrors are affordable and work very well too if you want function over form. The small CRG style mirrrors are mediocre at best.
Top case: See Givi's offerings on my online Store.
Crash bars: The OEM or Agostini bars are the only thing that really work. I do sell the Sato sliders online here if you'd rather for looks. They work OK in low speed situations like parking lot tip overs.
Levers: Personal taste outside of the folding design I'll be selling here soon.
Lights: See my LED offerings.
iPhone mounts: See Amazon.com

Other questions on my products offered here, email me direct; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Crash bars: The OEM or Agostini bars are the only thing that really work. I do sell the Sato sliders online here if you'd rather for looks. They work OK in low speed situations like parking lot tip overs.

Thanks,

My understanding is that Moto Guzzi has yet to offer OEM crash bars for the V7 II.

Is it your view that the crash bars offered by Hepco and Becker, Stuuchi/LGC and 70Tre don't "really work"; i.e.are inferior to the Agostini?

No, those are all fine as well. I sell the Hepco bars on this site. The new V7 II design is much nicer. Ago sells a plate that allows the older OEM bars to fit, and/but I like the Ago two piece design and styling.

What are good complements to the OEM rear rack? Apart from Kriega, which I'm not keen on. For riding around town and picking up groceries, etc, I'd be completely happy with some kind of egg crate arrangement.

I took a look at Givi and Kriega and decided, despite my reservation, which has to do with the roll-top design (admittedly integral to it being waterproof), to go with the latter. I have a Givi monolock case on another bike and I don't have a lot of confidence in the attachment method. Will still probably get a milk crate and bungee cords for trips for groceries.

For those who are interested, some anti-theft options that I'm considering: https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/security-and-theft.16124/

Would still love to get comments on the other gear questions that I raised.

Last edited:
I have the 70tre head guards on my v7TT and they are stunning.. Even had a guzzi tech member call me a work to find out more.

Hepco and Becker has always been my fav on a guzzi as they look the best when removed, hate untidy racks and frames when luggage removed

I took a look at Givi and Kriega and decided, despite my reservation, which has to do with the roll-top design (admittedly integral to it being waterproof), to go with the latter. I have a Givi monolock case on another bike and I don't have a lot of confidence in the attachment method. Will still probably get a milk crate and bungee cords for trips for groceries.

For those who are interested, some anti-theft options that I'm considering: https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/security-and-theft.16124/

Would still love to get comments on the other gear questions that I raised.
Your initial post asked the very questions I was thinking of. I'll be fitting the Dart screen very soon. And then.....who knows?

Any chance of a photo with the Kriega in place?

Replacing the shocks is a must do and should be done first
Anything is an improvement
Hagons can be made up by Dave Quinn to suit your needs.
I have a set of hagons stock length and sprung for a solo 160# Rider that I'll let go for $150

Back