• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio discontinued

wrnchwrk

Just got it firing!
According to local (AU) MG representative Stelvio is being discontinued from the Moto Guzzi range. Thoughts?

My thought is that until you actually hear something from Piaggio, it is all rumors. And a MG rep is not Piaggio.

The rumor a few months back is they were gong to discontinue all CARC bikes including the Griso and Norge because of Euro 4 and eventually Euro 5 standards. I don't believe they will do it especially since they struck a deal with Ewan McGregor to use the Stelvio on his next adventure. Would be corporate suicide to do it now. They surely knew about the Euro 4 standards when they did that. My guess is we will see a redesigned one for 2016.

http://motorbikewriter.com/ewan-mcgregor-swaps-bmw-for-moto-guzzi/

According to local (AU) MG representative Stelvio is being discontinued from the Moto Guzzi range. Thoughts?
So you joined yesterday and your first post is to tell us all that the Stelvio has been discontinued? I know that in Australia, the importers have ceased importing it because they couldn't move enough of them, even when almost giving them away - seems the marketing power of that other brand has beat them. Just look at how many GS's there are on the road here! So perhaps you just mis-understood the dealer.

Yes, lurking here for a while, got first MG (V7II) after Aprilia last year and now interested in Stelvio.

All information I got from distributor, and also wildguzzi, animaguzzista and guzzistelvio forums points the fact that all 1200 engine CARC bikes discontinued by MG, both because of EURO 4/5 standards and low sales in general. These models are dead, unless will see updated engines at EICMA, of course.

Also all bikes in Australia imported by distributor (John Sample Automotive), not dealers. They were pretty clear about discontinuation of Stelvio.

Yes, lurking here for a while, got first MG (V7II) after Aprilia last year and now interested in Stelvio.

All information I got from distributor, and also wildguzzi, animaguzzista and guzzistelvio forums points the fact that all 1200 engine CARC bikes discontinued by MG, both because of EURO 4/5 standards and low sales in general. These models are dead, unless will see updated engines at EICMA, of course.

Also all bikes in Australia imported by distributor (John Sample Automotive), not dealers. They were pretty clear about discontinuation of Stelvio.
Yes, having had many Aprilia's and Guzzi's I'm aware that the dealers are NOT Importers - never said they were. Anyway, just recently PS Importers is now the new Piaggio Group importers to Australia replacing John Sample Automotive. Interesting information about the discontinuation. Are you still after the Stevio? I've had mine for over 2 1/2 years and it's great. I just finished install of GuzziTech's ECU fueling re-map and PC-V/AT300 and it is now transformed into a much, much better bike.

And keep the center of gravity low.

I would love to have a dual purpose Guzzi & don't need one to go fast when off road.
I just want to be able to explore dirt roads & trails to find campsites & be able to pick it up when I go over.
I don't need a lot of ground clearance or even super long suspension because off road I'm Pokey Joe.

I am actually considering converting my Jackal into "Jake the Mule"

I am actually considering converting my Jackal into "Jake the Mule"
If you do be sure to install some form of skid plate. The solid thwack of rock against aluminum on a recent ride on my V-Strom made me glad the aluminum hit was the skid plate.

I have been riding motorcycles 50 years (first one was a 1966 Benelli Cobra 125, purchased new in August 1966). I have owned approximately 50 motorcycles in those 50 years and my 2014 Stelvio is my favorite of all of them. If it were stolen or otherwise destroyed, I would buy another Stelvio. So, @wrnchwrk, I said that to say this: if the Stelvio appeals to you, get one. You will probably love it, just as the rest of us Stelvio riders do.

I have owned BMW GS bikes starting with the 2002 R1150GS, 2004 R1150GSA, and a 2007 R1200GSA pre water cooled. I have also owned the Triumph Tiger 800XC as well as the Tiger 1200. I enjoy the Stelvio NTX. It has good, range, is very comfortable, I do not need cruise control or the other electronics. It gives me something between the 1150GSA and the 1200GSA with more grunt from the V2 engine. I can even lane split to work on California highways.

You mean...like this..........someones joke, but I could see it happening.

View attachment 10741

That's one of the best looking jokes I've seen.
The reality is MG has dropped the ball on the Stelvio & the CARC line in general. The bike at the very least should have been given cruise control a while ago. The R&D was already done for the Aprillas & wouldn't have technically cost them anything extra to do. Recently Adventure Plus did an adventure bike shoot out & Guzzi would not lend them a Stelvio. Sad, just plain sad.
It also makes me wonder what the brain trust at Piagio is thinking when they talk about doing away with a bike like, oh, lets say the Grisso. BMW now has the R nine T which is nothing but a boxer Grisso, and it is selling. Look at the specs, flattery is the greatest form of compliment.
Bottom line is if MG wants to remain competitive, they might want to thing of liquid cooling the bikes for tighter tolerances & better emissions (I hate liquid cooled bikes, but even BMW has figured out that it needed to be done), cruise control on the next "Stelvio" & maybe for those that are willing & wanting to spend the xtra $$s, electronic suspension. While many may like a simpler bike, they need to be competitive with other makes & no matter what this is the future.

Water cooling a Guzzi. Count me out. And yes I know they have had water cooled bikes in the past...

Back