• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge Windscreen and Peg Options

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Bulldog said:
Just picked up a lightly used (but poorly cared for) 2014 8VGT.
In search of a little more leg room and taller windscreen, I thought that my options were the KD Knight pegs or Buell Pegs, a Cal Science or Givi windscreen, which is a shame because all those parts look like @$$ IMHO. They are pricey too. After searching a bit, I found a few options and am very happy with them and the savings. How often does that happen?

WIndscreen: MG 25" Screen...................... I found the stock windscreen about an inch too short. In the full upright position I had to duck my head an inch to get in the perfect pocket. I Had a Cal Sci on my Concours and FJR and liked them, but really liked the Guzzi shape which works well but looks great. I found that MG makes a tall screen for the Norge that is 25" and has that same shape. In the lowest position the new screen is about an inch higher than the stock at full extension. This puts a solid stream of air in the lowest position and at 3/4 I am in a pocket of QUIET......... It maintains the stock look and is $100 cheaper than the Cal Sci.
mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=51&products_id=3108

FootPegs: Gold Wing Pegs......................... I think the Italian Designers have little legs........... Or they like a super tight seating position. Seems like this is the case on all current MG's with the exception of the Stelvio or Cali, and even the Cali is tight for a big cruiser. Too tight for me. I have the KD Knight pegs on my Griso and find them FUGLY......... But it is a Thug so dont mind it. Not so on the Norge....... I want to keep the clean look and lines and design, so I wanted to keep the silver peg and black rubber. If you look at the stock pegs on the newer Norges, you will see that it has a 1"+ block of rubber. After looking around, I found a set of 2005 Goldwing Pegs, they are flat, quality construction, have a small drop and are much thinner, give a little wider surface for stability and are over an inch lower, look great, and without all the complications of lowering the brake and shift lever. Plus they are $50. I found a set on sleaze bay, but these are just like them.

aliexpress.com/item/Front-Footpeg-Rider-Peg-Footrest-for-Honda-Goldwing-GL1800-2001-2010/1959337257.html?spm=2114.40010708.4.77.lpcAnV

I love the result and the $150 in my pocket.

Instead of lowering pegs, my recommendation is to raise the seat. You will probably discover the stock foam is too soft resulting in your being on the seat pan after a couple hundred miles. A good closed cell foam seat an inch or two higher may do what you are looking for in that area.

I removed the rubber from the stock pegs. Much more user friendly.

Those of us short of leg do not want to raise the seat. I find the 2012 Norge seat much less comfortable than the thinner 2007 Norge seat. I am intrigued by the GL1800 peg idea as I also thought all the lowering pegs were lacking in looks.

Installed the goldwing pegs and windscreen and both really make a huge improvement. Measuring from the floor to the top of the rubber, the Stock peg was about 15 5/8" The Goldwing pegs measure 14 3/8" so about 1 1/8" inch drop and really feels so much more comfortable. No interference with the side stand and no need to adjust the brake or shift levers. The gap between the pin and peg is too large for the spring to work, so will need to address this in the future.

We're all different. I blow thru the stock foam in about 100 miles. The 2014 seat is also sloped much too forward for my taste.
I've done several Norge seat rebuilds and I'm happy with the result. I also change the look a bit to what I feel is much more attractive.
Todd has my products on his online STORE link above.

It sounds as if you have discovered a great fix for an issue I have been living with since 2012! Do the Honda pegs bolt in with the existing fastening hardware? Could you please explain a little more about the spring fit?

It does look like a lot lower and much better reach for the brake pedal. I see another project. I use Windows and have no problem posting photos. You just have to use the "Upload a file" link next to "Post Reply". That will put it in the message either as a thumbnail or full size.

I found brand new GL1800 pegs that the Honda owner removed in favour of Foot Boards. I bought the pair for $35.00 CDN! I discovered that RS Honda spring fits in perfectly on the Norge LS. The LS Honda spring requires a hole to be drilled on the Norge RS. See photos.

GL1800 Riders Peg Drilling RS Spring Hole 2 RS Peg Installed

Just picked up a lightly used (but poorly cared for) 2014 8VGT. In search of a little more leg room and taller windscreen, I thought that my options were the KD Knight pegs or Buell Pegs, a Cal Science or Givi windscreen, which is a shame because all those parts look like @$$ IMHO. They are pricey too. After searching a bit, I found a few options and am very happy with them and the savings. How often does that happen?

WIndscreen: MG 25" Screen...................... I found the stock windscreen about an inch too short. In the full upright position I had to duck my head an inch to get in the perfect pocket. I Had a Cal Sci on my Concours and FJR and liked them, but really liked the Guzzi shape which works well but looks great. I found that MG makes a tall screen for the Norge that is 25" and has that same shape. In the lowest position the new screen is about an inch higher than the stock at full extension. This puts a solid stream of air in the lowest position and at 3/4 I am in a pocket of QUIET......... It maintains the stock look and is $100 cheaper than the Cal Sci.

FootPegs: Gold Wing Pegs......................... I think the Italian Designers have little legs........... Or they like a super tight seating position. Seems like this is the case on all current MG's with the exception of the Stelvio or Cali, and even the Cali is tight for a big cruiser. Too tight for me. I have the KD Knight pegs on my Griso and find them FUGLY......... But it is a Thug so dont mind it. Not so on the Norge....... I want to keep the clean look and lines and design, so I wanted to keep the silver peg and black rubber. If you look at the stock pegs on the newer Norges, you will see that it has a 1"+ block of rubber. After looking around, I found a set of 2005 Goldwing Pegs, they are flat, quality construction, have a small drop and are much thinner, give a little wider surface for stability and are over an inch lower, look great, and without all the complications of lowering the brake and shift lever. Plus they are $50. I found a set on sleaze bay, but these are just like them.

aliexpress.com/item/Front-Footpeg-Rider-Peg-Footrest-for-Honda-Goldwing-GL1800-2001-2010/1959337257.html?spm=2114.40010708.4.77.lpcAnV

love the result and the $150 in my pocket.

I'd like to try these out on my 14 Norge but dealing with a credit card directly with a company in China scares the crap out of me. Has anyone actually ordered these? And if so, what were the results. Thanks,

I fitted the Goldwing pegs some time back, but couldn't get the springs to work. Having seen the above, I'll have another go. I find them more comfortable than stock, they look better and are cheaper than all the adjustable aftermarket ones too, the Honda guys don't seem to want them.

I wouldn't give my credit card number to China either! There are a lot of original Honda pegs to be picked up locally. As Brian said the Goldwing riders don't want them - they change them out for foot boards. A good used set should go for $50.00 or near there. Try sourcing them on a Goldwing chat room.

Cheers
Walter

I'd like to try these out on my 14 Norge but dealing with a credit card directly with a company in China scares the crap out of me. Has anyone actually ordered these? And if so, what were the results. Thanks,
I have used my credit card quite a few times with Chinese companies. No problems so far. :wait: If possible I do it through PayPal using my credit card for double protection since I don't really trust PayPal to stand behind a problem.
However, if that is really a turn off price the entire assembly from Honda online. I checked Ron Ayers online and with the springs and shipping they were $72 of which $6 was the springs so not a lot more than China and you get OEM Honda. Currently my friend in the Gold Wing club thinks he has a line on some so I'll wait a few days before I order.

Abbie, can you post the OEM Honda part numbers for the pegs and springs? Are the rubbers and backing plates also ordered separately? Thanks, Dale

I just did some checking on the shield and 25" is too much for a short guy like me. I measure the stock screen at 21-3/4". My bike came with a tall California Scientific not installed. I found if the stock screen was all the way up it was just about an inch short so I had the CalSci cut to 23" figuring we have 2" travel and I could put it in the middle and go up or down as needed. Nope! (Of course.) I guess it is the different shape but I have to run it all the way down to see over it which makes no sense to my thinking. I'll have to get another 1" cut off though I must say when I run it up and look through it it is much quieter. I just don't like looking through it.
I wish it had more than 2" of travel. I also wish National Cycle made a screen for it.

That's a lot of numbers as all of the parts are separate. Not responsible for typos!
Arm R. Step 50612-MCA-305
Spring R. Step 50617-MM5-000
Plate step setting (need 2) 50619-MCA-000
Arm L. Step 50642-MCA-305
Spring L. Step 50644-MM5-000
Rubber step (need 2) 50661-MCA-305
Bolt main step rubber setting (need 2) - 90115-MT3-000
Bolt cap (6x12) (Need 2) - 92501-06012-0A

Edit: As I was not sure what year was used I went by the Chinese knockoff listing on eBay for 2001-2010 and I chose 2005 to look up the numbers. Hopefully that is correct. I have no idea what changed after 2010 but looking at a later set listed on eBay the pattern on the rubber was different. That would justify a number change.

Last edited:
Thank you.

That's a lot of numbers as all of the parts are separate. Not responsible for typos!
Arm R. Step 50612-MCA-305
Spring R. Step 50617-MM5-000
Plate step setting (need 2) 50619-MCA-000
Arm L. Step 50642-MCA-305
Spring L. Step 50644-MM5-000
Rubber step (need 2) 50661-MCA-305
Bolt main step rubber setting (need 2) - 90115-MT3-000
Bolt cap (6x12) (Need 2) - 92501-06012-0A

Edit: As I was not sure what year was used I went by the Chinese knockoff listing on eBay for 2001-2010 and I chose 2005 to look up the numbers. Hopefully that is correct. I have no idea what changed after 2010 but looking at a later set listed on eBay the pattern on the rubber was different. That would justify a number change.

Installed the goldwing pegs and windscreen and both really make a huge improvement. Measuring from the floor to the top of the rubber, the Stock peg was about 15 5/8" The Goldwing pegs measure 14 3/8" so about 1 1/8" inch drop and really feels so much more comfortable. No interference with the side stand and no need to adjust the brake or shift levers. The gap between the pin and peg is too large for the spring to work, so will need to address this in the future.
What I can't figure out is what is different. I ordered OEM Honda pegs for mine. After the spring costs are figured in there is only about $16 difference and I prefer using the OEM even though there may be no difference. I had interference between the peg and side stand though. I glued a bit of rubber about 1/4" thick to the stop to hold it down. I hope it stays on. The photo below shows the stand holding the peg up.
The drill a hole for the right side spring worked great. I even dabbed a bit of satin black in the hole. now I have to adjust the levers.

IMG 0900

Back