• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7ii clutch failure - a true grit story!

Jenko

Tuned and Synch'ed
[/ATTACH] Image Image
Dunno if you can see the piece of grit wedged in behind the clutch actuator arm?
Riding along a quick road in 6th, traffic in front came to a halt so I tried to pull in the clutch - uh oh! Solid clutch lever at the handlebar!
A piece of grit must have flicked up and wedged itself in the space. One embarrassing and jerky stop later, and I was imagining all sorts of expense!
Simple fix, thankfully! A quick gritectomy later and I'm on my way again.
What are the odds of that happening?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Luckily, only about a minute, as I was stood baking in the unusual UK summer heat on a Shropshire hillside at the time!
Had to be something with the clutch cable or linkage, it just felt like it anyway.
Thankfully, no harm done. And no expense!

Man that is funny what are the odds on that.

A long time ago I had a 750 Ambassador that had been sitting for about 6 months. The girlfriend asked to go for a ride on it so I dusted it off & we went.

About 40 miles down the road the bike gave a loud screech so I pulled over. I thought a piston had seized or a rocker arm had gone dry but it idled fine & sounded normal. So off we went again then about 25 miles down the road the same thing happened.

I turned around & headed for home and she gave a few more short loud screeches but kept running normally.

It wasn't until I pulled into the driveway that it did it again & it was then that I realized it was the horn because it stayed on & warbled & finally sounded like a horn.

Nice one Trout!
I had a Honda Dream, ( not Super Dream!) 250 when I was 17, and when it got to Winter, I did the usual stuff, coverd it in grease, put fork gaiters on it, new chunky tyres on it, and waterproofs under the seat, ready for use.
Whenever I started it, it ran fine, then when it warmed up it would cut out. Kick it as I would, it wouldn't start until it cooled down. Then it ran, well, like a Dream! Strangely, when it was really wet, and I wore the waterproofs, I had no problems with it. But in the dry, it kept cutting out.
I did compression tests, changed plugs, plug leads, scratched my head, failed to fix it. Asked a buddy to look at it, and he took the seat off it, removed the waterproofs from where they were blocking the air intake, and laughed at me! The waterproofs were acting like a massive choke, which was great until the engine warmed up.
Man, did I feel like a muppet!
You live and learn, I guess!

I really like these kind of stories just shows how human we all are.

There is a thread running on the Victory forum about oil change disasters that is funny too.

Had a similar issue with the rear brake on my 1200 Sport a few years ago. Was on a group ride and pulled into a parking lot that was tarred but had quite a bit of dirt / light stones on the surface, applied the rear brake lightly when coming into park and noticed it stayed on and would not release.

Had all sorts of thoughts around the caliper piston being seized etc, after much fiddling I realised that a small pebble (maybe 1mm in diameter) had flicked up and lodged between the rear brake lever and back stop, causing the brake peddle to remain applied.

It was actually pretty lucky it occurred in the parking lot when I could feel it as the brake was only applied reasonably lightly. If it had flickered up on the road at speed I probably would not have noticed and could have burn't out the rear pads.

Back