• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stalling

tibor

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I got a much needed tune-up at 8000 + miles that I should have gotten at 5 or 6000 miles on my V7 Special
2014. After getting it back over a week ago the bike started to run like crap and started to stall revving at high rams on its own. I had the ECU remapped by Todd and did a TCP reset. it was okay for a couple of days but has stalled on me now a couple of times. Any ideas?

I got a much needed tune-up at 8000 + miles that I should have gotten at 5 or 6000 miles on my V7 Special 2014. After getting it back over a week ago the bike started to run like crap and started to stall revving at high rams on its own. I had the ECU remapped by Todd and did a TCP reset. it was okay for a couple of days but has stalled on me now a couple of times. Any ideas?
It sounds like they may have likely over-wrote my map with an "update" via their software called PADS. Is it written on your invoice? If not, call and ask. If that's not the case, then the service might have been done improperly. If it revs high on it's own, there's a leak at the intake where the manifold meets the head.

It's not revving high anymore. Its just stalling on me . What do if they over wrote your map?

It sounds like they may have likely over-wrote my map with an "update" via their software called PADS. Is it written on your invoice? If not, call and ask. If that's not the case, then the service might have been done improperly. If it revs high on it's own, there's a leak at the intake where the manifold meets the head.

Is there anything I can do to fix the problem on my own? If not is there anything specific I need to tell them at the dealer?
Any benefits to buying that new GT-RX ECU RE-FLASH TOOL?

Unless you also installed the PCV and/or autotune, it should still run fine if they over wrote the map. Just means you are going back to a stock map (and stock performance). You just ended up loosing Todd's map (and the cost of doing it). If you do have the PCV setup, you will need to disconnect it until you can get Todds map back on.

Before you do all that, confirm with the dealer that they installed a new map. If they did, and you don't have the PCV setup, the bike should still run fine. If they didn't, bike should still run fine.

Something may have gone wrong in their service. Pinched vent line, bad TPS reset, intake leak.

Start with the dealer and see what they did and bring it back. Something is not right.

Unless you also installed the PCV and/or autotune, it should still run fine if they over wrote the map. Just means you are going back to a stock map (and stock performance). You just ended up loosing Todd's map (and the cost of doing it). If you do have the PCV setup, you will need to disconnect it until you can get Todds map back on.

Before you do all that, confirm with the dealer that they installed a new map. If they did, and you don't have the PCV setup, the bike should still run fine. If they didn't, bike should still run fine.

Something may have gone wrong in their service. Pinched vent line, bad TPS reset, intake leak.

Start with the dealer and see what they did and bring it back. Something is not right.
not sure about the PCV set-up or autotune. But thank you, I will bring it back for for service

Did you just send Todd your ECU for remapping, or did he install the PCV and autotune on the bike. Those are both physical devices and the cost would have been much higher. If you just sent Todd the ECU, then it is only a remap. The bike should run fine with our without (stock performance) the remap.

Did you just send Todd your ECU for remapping, or did he install the PCV and autotune on the bike. Those are both physical devices and the cost would have been much higher. If you just sent Todd the ECU, then it is only a remap. The bike should run fine with our without (stock performance) the remap.
Yes, I just sent him my ECU. truthfully it never ran well before the remap.

Back