• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM V7R-820 QuattroValvole Info & Dyno Runs

Todd, is there any concern that the drive train components cannot handle the 65% increase in HP and torque over the long term? Obviously this might be hard to predict.

Todd, is there any concern that the drive train components cannot handle the 65% increase in HP and torque over the long term? Obviously this might be hard to predict.
Not at all. Plenty of small blocks raced here with 50-55 rwhp, and Mike beat on his 750-4V at 55 rwhp for ~2+ years including drag strip passes, basically trying to break something. Guzzis are overbuilt... the clutch might be the weakest link.

Man, that is an impressive achievement. A one of a kind V7. Congratulations on getting her up and running....60 rwhp is exactly what the V7 needs!
That bike is a beast! Whew....
I did run mine as hard as I could, doing burnouts, going to the rev limiter in every gear, just really trying to see if anything would break. I still have the original clutch in it, put 15,000 miles of hard use on it, and it runs better now than it did when I first finished the build.
The Quattro Valvole really wakes up the V7, and with the 6 speed gearbox, it will be even better.
Looking at the dyno numbers, it seems like the 820cc version will pull harder than my 750 starting about 5200 rpm. Man, I need to get out to Cali and ride that thing...

Last edited:
Just studying the dyno chart some more. Looks like the 820cc bike made 58 RWHP. So it should go over 60hp after break in, no problem. Pretty cool that 60hp was the goal all along. I also noticed the torque curve on the 820cc bike peaks just perfectly from 4800 to 5000 rpm. That is the sweet spot for street and highway riding, at least for me. Good deal, can't wait to do this conversion on my new Racer!

Todd - Can you add the 820-2V performance to the recent chart that you posted so that we can compare all 4 configurations?

If I was only in California I'd grab that wee beastie in the morning & bring it back in the evening and we could see what 600 miles does.

Thanks for all the time & expertise you put into these bikes hope you get feeling better soon.

A 4valver in Denmark! I 'm sitting on a pair of Lario heads here in Gothenburg, Sweden dreaming of converting but figured all shipping fees would cost more than the parts.
I'd like to chat some to understand what costs it brings sending the parts from Scandinavia to US and back.
Will be riding to Castle run in Copenhagen in May and take some time off for touring southwards with the pals after that. Perhaps that could give me a chance to see your bike.
Best of luck!

Todd, You did a great job on the color selection too. Beautiful! Bella Bella!! with a 37 lbs loss to boot. I can see one of these in my future - right weight right amount of power. hope your well.

A 4valver in Denmark! I 'm sitting on a pair of Lario heads here in Gothenburg, Sweden dreaming of converting but figured all shipping fees would cost more than the parts.
I'd like to chat some to understand what costs it brings sending the parts from Scandinavia to US and back.
Will be riding to Castle run in Copenhagen in May and take some time off for touring southwards with the pals after that. Perhaps that could give me a chance to see your bike.
Best of luck!

Very Nice, Those Are rare these days.
The shipping isn't too bad, once you commit to it, 800 kr. For shipment is not the killer. I was more worried about damage or loosing My only jugs! Can't really ride anywhere without em Right ;-)

I will be posting pictures With all Bells and whisels :) I live in Aarhus, and hate driving on the highway. But that might change, once i am up and running.

But if i am Right, the "only" parts you would need to get Those larios whispering. Would be a power commander With a Autotune mod.
You should easy get 10hp, just With that. Ofc. There Will be some clearrence and grinding.

But i am Absolutely No expert

Ordered a Autotune module yesterday, allready had the pcV hooked up last year.

Happy weekend ;-)

I thought I would cross-reference this post from the V9 thread since it is directly relevant to the 820-4V kit:
In a sense Todd beat me to it...

For anyone that loves the V7 platform, but is looking toward the V9 solely for the increased power output, I can unequivocally recommend Todd's drop in 820 big bore kit or the 4V-820 big bore/head replacement kit.

FWIW - The 820 BBK cylinders that Todd is offering are the same bore as those that Guzzi is putting in the V9. The additional displacement on the V9s comes from a stroker crank on these bikes.

It's notable that @Gruzzer, after comparing the 820 BBK side by side with Todd's upgraded V9, still felt that the V7 820 BBK put out more power. This doesn't surprise me, though. The components in Todd's kits are all precision machined, and the dyno charts that Todd posted here previously showed that we could expect as much.

I opted for the full 4V-820 kit. To encourage those on the fence, rather than to brag... This makes the bike into the bike that you really wanted. It's still the V7 that you fell in love with - but it's transformed the bike into the bike that you imagined it might be!

The only other thing I would add to this post, in the context of this thread, is that this kit is in every sense truly a part of the Moto Guzzi tradition. The bore of the cylinders in this kit is the same as those found in the latest development of the small block offered by MG in the V9, while the 4V heads are straight from the design of those on the ground-braking Lario. The fact that nothing in this kit was done ad hoc, but instead, everything is straight Guzzi heritage adds an additional intangible visceral appeal to the kit.

IMG 1237 IMG 1239

Last edited:
Oh man. So 5 grand plus shipping I am in? My 2012 V7R has the 5 speed transmission. Any issues with that compared to the newer six speed ones? What else should I ask about?

Oh man. So 5 grand plus shipping I am in? My 2012 V7R has the 5 speed transmission. Any issues with that compared to the newer six speed ones? What else should I ask about?
Yes. None... Mike's V7R is a 5-spd. Questions answered via email.

Back