• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tappet...

Ray.

Just got it firing!
So having discovered the top end rattle was a broken tappet I ordered a new one. Next day delivery, I was impressed. However the new one does not fit, it has a finer thread. The part number I have is, 879707. Can anyone advise me of the part number I need?

Many thanks.

Not sure what part u are looking for given I. Not sure if you have roller tappets. Here is the parts blow up
IMG 1077

Ray, there was another thread on this. https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/valve-adjuster-screws-compatibility.16390/#post-121764

You have the old style rockers. You will need to replace the complete rocker. BTW, the rocker comes with the adjusters. If you haven't done the roller conversion, this may be the time to do so.
many thanks, I have been
Ray, there was another thread on this. https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/valve-adjuster-screws-compatibility.16390/#post-121764

You have the old style rockers. You will need to replace the complete rocker. BTW, the rocker comes with the adjusters. If you haven't done the roller conversion, this may be the time to do so.

Thanks John. I've had a read there. Can I just confirm, what is the visible differences between the original and the roller cams? I bought the bike second hand and was advised a cam changed had been done and was supplied with the originals. I've checked with my local dealer and they tell me there was a factory recall for the cams (could this include the adjusters) and the main stand. Both of which have failed on me coincidence or shoddy work?

Your thoughts...

The easiest way I could see going by my upgrade on my Norge is the cam/rocker arm carrier. Notice the one photo shows one round hole in the center but the new one shows 2 holes. You can also tell by the pushrod appearance on the part you can see. The first photo is my original flat tappets. 2016 03 16 Tune up 02 2016 04 02 Roller lifter kit 02

Note that the cam upgrade kit does NOT include the rocker are and adjusters. You reuse the adjusters and rockers. So if you have a bad adjuster, you still need to get that fixed.

Cheers Gents. I just feel a bit miffed that a broken adjuster will end up costing £150'ish and my time.

Wow! I wondered on your £150 but I just looked up the price of a rocker arm. That is a bit steep.

The easiest way I could see going by my upgrade on my Norge is the cam/rocker arm carrier. Notice the one photo shows one round hole in the center but the new one shows 2 holes. You can also tell by the pushrod appearance on the part you can see. The first photo is my original flat tappets.View attachment 11039 View attachment 11040

Can I assume that I still have the originals and not the factory recall upgrade?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 21
Ray. Hard to tell in that picture. Based on the number of plug holes it sure looks like a flat tappet. You need to take a closer picture of the push rods on the top of the picture. The two little rocker looking things at 12:00. You want to see what they are pushing. Post that and then we can confirm.

Back