• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Yet another problem

Also I ran the bike for a minute . This included turning the throttle. Still only one cylinder was running and no codes came on . Looks like I might have to bring it to the dealer and have to axone and someone better with electrical find the problem.

The aux fuse panel is up by the head stock just in front of the fuel tank. Take a look there but the injector fuse is grouped with the coils and some other things that bike would not even start if it blew. Also bothe injectors are on one fuse. There is also a relay but that again runs both and is fused with the starter relay so that won't be it.

Really only leaves a broken wire to the injector, broken wire from the ecu to that injector since the left and right are separate signals or a corroded connector. Easy enough to just look at and see if that is an issue.

Agreed that the codes will make it easier so if you don't have any software the dealer is your ownly choice. It will be something simple so hopefull not that expensive. Just tell them the test you have already done. May save u some money.

Yeah agreed . I'm just not sure why that wire would have broke. all the electronics are wrapped up so tight I wonder if it is the exposed section that normally sits by my knee

Update . While checking for voltage and shorts agai today I found that the left injector wire is dropping voltage . It will start at 2V and slowly work down to zero . Any ideas why. Friend helping me is a master electrician so I'm sure we have good readings . He just doesn't know enough about motorcycle electronics. We did also check the relays and all appear to be good

Update . While checking for voltage and shorts agai today I found that the left injector wire is dropping voltage . It will start at 2V and slowly work down to zero . Any ideas why. Friend helping me is a master electrician so I'm sure we have good readings . He just doesn't know enough about motorcycle electronics. We did also check the relays and all appear to be good

That is an indication of a bad connection/solder joint. When cold it does sort of OK. As current flows and the connection heats up you build resistance. The resistance results in the voltage drop. Find every connector you can and clean with an electrical contact cleaner. It may solve your problem, it may not. If it doesn't, then it may be a wire to pin connection issue at a connector.

Pop off the ECU connectors. Does not take much to impeded the signal from the ECU. Give them a good cleaning. If you can, may want to check the voltage for the injectors right from the ecu connector. At least it will tell you where the problem lies. I have attached a wiring diagram if you don't already have one. Looks like the left side injector is the Grey/Red wire on the brown connector but just verify to make sure. The color code has been known to be off on the drawing.

Corrosion is one possibility, the other is a very small short to ground. Not enough to trip the fuse, but enough to drop the voltage. See if the wire has some continuity to ground. Also check the continuity back to the ECU. My bet is more on a chaffed wire then corrosion but both are possible scenarios.

The good news is you now know what the issue is. Finding the cause may be a little more tricky. Worse case is the output from the ECU is buggered up, but in all honesty don't think I have heard of many (or any) issues related to the ECU on the later model carcs. They used to install the ECU with the connectors facing up. Was a great water collector, but on your year the connectors are facing down.

Let us know what you find.

Attachments

• Stelvio1200_8V_NTX_ABS_2011_WiringDiagram.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
A problem has been located!!! I was right all along . The ECU is shot . I wasn't crazy all this time. Thinking back a couple months I now no why I was getting weird alarms and my bike would randomly not start. New one is on the way all covered by the warranty.

Back