• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Adjust Stelvio Idle

Oh I should mentioned that I've already installed the new roller cams on my bike and the old one has no wear at all at 40,000kms.. I think a friend of mine might have posted some pictures here.. and indirectly Pete roper did provide some advice from time to time.

No Alan. never touch anything on the R/H side, and only the L/H side if you know what you are doing...
Agree. All adjustments are on the left on the Stelvio (apart from idle air screws). Sacred stop is on left TB. Relative adjustment of RH TB is also on the left. Alan NZ

Alan, only one side has a throttle stop screw. I know on the Breva/Norge that is on the left side as you suggest. The linkage adjustment screw on the left moves the relation of the throttle rod to the left throttle shaft.

I've never understood why the Breva/Norge have the throttle stop screw on the LHS, and the TPS on the RHS. Any adjustment of the throttle rod length upsets the base setting of the TPS, and you end up chasing your tail. I reckon they should be on the same throttle body, and the other throttle body set up to dutifully follow.

Or is there something wrong with my thinking?

Yes 2/4 stroker. There are a number of things one can do in the map.

CO trim is used to final trim the idle AFTER you have balanced throttles and air bleeds and reset TPS. You simply fiddle with the CO when the engine is warm for best idle. Remember, a positive number of CO will enrichen your whole mapping and a negative number will lean it out - BUT it is only a very small amount in the scheme of things. Target CO should be very close to 0.

I've never understood why the Breva/Norge have the throttle stop screw on the LHS, and the TPS on the RHS. Any adjustment of the throttle rod length upsets the base setting of the TPS, and you end up chasing your tail. I reckon they should be on the same throttle body, and the other throttle body set up to dutifully follow.

Or is there something wrong with my thinking?
I've often wondered the same thing Dave. I assumed it was too complicated to have the butterfly opening mechanism and TPS on the same shaft?

Ok. To set it straight. On the stelvio the sacred screw everyone talks about is on the left (as u sit on the bike). That will move the base throttle position on the left TB which is calibrated at the factory. There is also a sacred screw on the right TB that is rarely spoke of but does the same thing on the right TB. Neither should be touched. The sync screw that asjust left relative to right is also on the left side.

That being said if you change the sacred screw it can be recovered. It is not a self destructed button. Just needs to go back in the same place. All you have done is moved the minimum opening. The TPS on the right is reset assuming this minimum opening on the left. When the sacred screw on the left is moved the ecu gets confused and the TB will never be balanced with the amount of fuel that is being added based on the TPS value. There is a process to do that but it will never be the same as original unless you happen to get it in exactly the same place. Sounds like you have it pretty close.

Adjusting the CO up or down will help the situation as it will add or subtract more fuel masking the problem at idle. Guessing a high CO made it idle better. As long as your air is balanced on both sides at idle and at 3500 rpm and it idles fine go with it. Once you open the throttle the affect will be minimized.

And yes, u can increase the base idle value target.

Excuse me.

If you are interested in acurately understanding everything about the throttle body setup, what screws are what, and precisely why and how you do or do not adjust them and the explanation for why this is, then back in 2012, I wrote a highly detailed post with pictures located here:

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/syncing-throttle-bodies-stelvio-8v.9082/#post-69766

I think some of you will find it very helpful. I truly hope so.
Yes very helpful when I did mine.

Back