• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Removing Baffles on Arrow Slip-On Exhaust on a V7 Classic

No hassle posting on ebay. I've sold lots of Ducati stuff to Americans for good $. Just ensure location is set to Canada, and that buyer pays shipping costs.

Then you go to post office location (like Shoppers Drug Mart) with buyer's address, and do a short Customs form, and it's gone! You can also estimate the shipping online.

Also, although the Cdn $ value is low, I use CBI USA for my online purchases from US. They are just across the border at Niagara Falls, and will hold your packages for you.

Thanks for the advice, I'll take it in consideration...however I'm still keen on proceeding with the modifications.

Back to my initial questions, if anyone could advise...it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Chris

Another quick question. Tried fitting the exhaust while using the Racer's exhaust hangers. I'm running into an issue with the hanger not lining up with the exhaust (off by maybe a half inch). Do the Stone/Special use the same headers as the Racer? Anything I'm missing here? I thought it would be a simple remove the exhaust/hanger, replace with Arrows and Racer hanger.

Cheers

As you are quickly learning any modification will have it's joy.
Even parts that are supposedly engineered to fit will sometimes require modification.
Not being up on the V7 line I can't answer your question but you may need to fabricate a strap.

Hardware stores may have a metal strip with holes drilled & most auto parts stores carry "Universal Tail Pipe Hangers" that you can cut a section out of.

When modifying stuff it is always a good idea to stay away from changing anything to the point where you can not go back to original.
Many times in my life my great idea turned into a solid brown brick & then it was "Why in the hell did I cut that & weld that to it??!!$$%%%"

Well I dove in and cut out the baffles. Holy this bike sounds amazing. I'll be testing out the bike tomorrow on a longer ride, however the quick boot around the parking lot revealed no issues as of yet.

Reporting back. Took the bike for a longer ride. She rides perfectly. Slight (and I mean very minor) popping on decel with a stock map. Tried everything I could do to make the thing fire off like a gun shot with no luck. I imagine that it would sound even better with Todd's map.

Overall, I would recommend removing the baffles of one wants a bit more punch from the arrows. 2" hole saw does the job nicely and leaves a clean edge as stated earlier in the thread.

IMG 3402

Cheers all.

Hi, my name is Peter and last week I become happy owner of Stornello. I think about remove baffle but i would like to put it back for weekdays as i work night shifts.
What I thinking is use 2" hole cutter to drill baffle out and after when put in back just secure it by using circlip. Will it hold baffle in the place? Triumph Scramblers arrows have this way.

What I thinking is use 2" hole cutter to drill baffle out and after when put in back just secure it by using circlip. Will it hold baffle in the place?
Congrats on the Stornello. Hope you'll add your info to the Registry; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/

The Guzzi Arrow exhaust db-killer is not designed for removal. You will not be able to just add a cir-clip, no, and it also has a catalytic converter in place. You may be quite happy with it out. I am working on sourcing a cap from Arrow (as I am a dealer) that should have the Cir-clip as part of it in place along with a removable db-killer. I will post it here when I have that info.

The catalytic converter in place would be the big drawback for me. Even with the db killer removed, this is a big drawback, as the performance gains would be limited.

The catalytic converter in place would be the big drawback for me. Even with the db killer removed, this is a big drawback, as the performance gains would be limited.

Just wondering if the Agostini's also have an internal cat. I have the Guzzi arrow's on my '15 V7 but my friend KOF has the Agos on his '15 V7.

Just wondering if the Agostini's also have an internal cat. I have the Guzzi arrow's on my '15 V7 but my friend KOF has the Agos on his '15 V7.
Unless you ordered them specifically as a road legal version, no. Only the Guzzi dealer Arrow mufflers cone with cats.

Back