• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 III - Has arrived

How disappointing! A bit different colour, a new cylinder head with 4 more hp and they are trying to celebrate this as big leap!
I had hoped that they at least have the balls to implant the 850cc in the racer and make it more ass kicking. Or hone the design any further to make it even more attractive. Nothing. Apart from the side covers which they now managed to transfrom from a nice looking one to something look mega ugly.
My dear, what plan does MG have to stay competitive against all the new Ducatis, Triumphs, Benellis, Yamahas, you name it, in that mid size retro class ??

All in all, no reason for me to trade in my 2011 V7 Classic next spring for a new MG model as I had intended. It woudlnt pay off.
I keep riding it or change brand. (I ll defintely test ride the Yamaha SCR 950 first thing next year once available in Europe ).

I do like MG and its really tough for me to share the above statement but cant ignore the reality.

I actually kind of like the side covers. I've been waiting for the ones they had on the Scrambler prototype at Monte Carlo in '11 (though agreed, they are a bit more of a retro Japanese style). I still like these better but... close enough?

01-guzzi-v7-scrambler.jpg

I'm hoping they'll have just as many or more mix-n-match accessories for the new models and if so you could probably scramble out one of the Specials to look pretty dang sharp (w/ 2-1 Arrows, knobbies, etc)

Last edited:

Love the new V7 III, especially the Special Model. With a brown leather saddle like the one of the Anniversary model it would be just perfect! A couple of questions, if you have the time:

- I guess they gave it the new cylinder heads as the V9 has, correct?

- Can the Öhlins shocks of the Racer be retrofitted to the Special or the Stone model?

- What fuel consumption and service intervals should we wait from the new V7 III?

I am thinking of trading of my Yamaha FZ-07 to get a V7 III Special to keep company to my MG Breva 750 and be a base for some modifications. :)

Love the new V7 III, especially the Special Model. With a brown leather saddle like the one of the Anniversary model it would be just perfect! A couple of questions, if you have the time:
- I guess they gave it the new cylinder heads as the V9 has, correct?
- Can the Öhlins shocks of the Racer be retrofitted to the Special or the Stone model?
- What fuel consumption and service intervals should we wait from the new V7 III?
- It looks like the cylinder heads are shared, yes.
- Ohlins would be a direct swap yes -- I will be offering them on the site here soon, and we shall see what the cost is from Guzzi once they release a parts list.
- Consumption would likely be slightly better than the V9, same service intervals.

- It looks like the cylinder heads are shared, yes.
- Ohlins would be a direct swap yes -- I will be offering them on the site here soon, and we shall see what the cost is from Guzzi once they release a parts list.
- Consumption would likely be slightly better than the V9, same service intervals.

Hi Todd, thank you for the reply. Do we know the consumption and the service intervals of the V9? I want to calculate the expenses of the bike. With the Yamaha, after 17.500 km I have 4.5 lt/100 km and change the oil (plus oil filter) every 5.000 km (manual says 10.000km) and have a DNA Air FIlter on so I clean it every 10.000 km. Major service will be at 20.000 km.

I'm liking the new design. Somehow with the new engine and bodypart mods it looks more... retro? Maybe it's the beer.

Exhaust headers look a fair bit thicker than the previous V7's too which would be interesting.

Overall a +1 from me! :)

I believe it was Pete Roper on WG said the V7III does NOT use the new final drive.

But yes, the head design changed to the Hemi.

Hemi head, yes. Wider Swingarm/double u-joint no. Same as all previous models with the same narrower wheels.

Thanks for the information everyone, I am trying to gather as much as information as possible on the new V7 III. Tomorrow I will go to the MG dealership near me to check if they have been informed on availability/pricing.
I am torn between the V9 Bobber and the V7 III Special...! :p

Back