• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Grigio Excalibur touch-up paint from rsbikepaint.com ?

RJVB

GT Reference
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the silver-gray (Grigio Excalibur) paint provided by rsbikepaint.com for a 2006/2007 Norge 1200? I am looking for a touch-up applicator but with 13€ shipping for 11€ of product I'd prefer some confirmation that the match is close enough before I order.

I've been MIA on here since I basically don't ride anymore for various reasons. I've been looking to sell my Norge but when I took off the tank cover early this summer I found the paint was all blistered. Huge ones, some almost an inch in diameter. The tank was among the repainted parts after the bike was stolen and retrieved a few years back; apparently the painter didn't do a good job on his primer or didn't let the (obligatory water-based) paint dry well enough. Not very surprising given that the tank is made from what appears to by nylon. The workshop owner responsible for both the theft and the subsequent repairs has retired (and disappeared) so I have no way to turn against the painter, and have been wondering what to do for selling the bike. Repainting costs about 400€ before VAT minimum here, which is not a sum I currently want to spend without being certain I will be selling the bike soon.
And then 2 weeks ago a friend informed me that a well-known big multi-brand dealership was doing a warehouse cleaning-out sale and had "my" tank among the offers, for all of 170€ with shipping included. Turned out to be a warranty exchange left-over that had seen about 4000km of use and some 9 years of well-packed shelf life because of a paint default. It arrived last week and the only default I see apart from some very light scuffing is cracked paint on one of the "pointy ears" that are hardly visible if at all when the tank is installed.

I guess I ought to check with a bit of fuel (or lighter liquid or rubbing alcohol?) if the cracking is limited to the paint but I don't expect that a big dealership like Paris Nord Motos would hang on to a tank that was replaced under warranty because it leaked.

Anyway, I'm still debating whether there's a point in putting up the bike for sale now that winter is really starting here, or whether I'd best wait until conditions improve and I'm more likely to take her for a few spins myself (and do an over-due change of the engine oil which has only seen a few hundred kms of use but dates from 2012 ...)

I can't comment on the paint, but you would probably move the bike quicker if you list in the spring. However you then have to take into account a few more months of depreciation. If you really want to move the bike, go ahead and list it now and price it accordingly, that is not full dealership price, but a reasonable private sale price which is usually a bit lower than a dealer price.

Thanks - exactly the reasoning I'd been doing myself ...

Additional thoughts are that if I list now I may also have to lower the price to incite buyers who wouldn't be considering an acquisition in an off-season, and if I don't sell the bike might get a "track record" for having been up for sale for too long (and thus be fishy). I'll have to ask around locally to see how things work around here.

Thanks - exactly the reasoning I'd been doing myself ...

Additional thoughts are that if I list now I may also have to lower the price to incite buyers who wouldn't be considering an acquisition in an off-season, and if I don't sell the bike might get a "track record" for having been up for sale for too long (and thus be fishy). I'll have to ask around locally to see how things work around here.

Definitely things to ponder. Good luck with the sale Rene.

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the silver-gray (Grigio Excalibur) paint provided by rsbikepaint.com for a 2006/2007 Norge 1200? I am looking for a touch-up applicator but with 13€ shipping for 11€ of product I'd prefer some confirmation that the match is close enough before I order.

I've been MIA on here since I basically don't ride anymore for various reasons. I've been looking to sell my Norge but when I took off the tank cover early this summer I found the paint was all blistered.

Anyway, I'm still debating whether there's a point in putting up the bike for sale now that winter is really starting here, or whether I'd best wait until conditions improve and I'm more likely to take her for a few spins myself (and do an over-due change of the engine oil which has only seen a few hundred kms of use but dates from 2012 ...)

Sorry to hear that you don't ride anymore. Hope the "various reasons" aren't of the serious variety.

Good luck, too, with the sale. Would think spring a better time. Used Norges of our vintages are not going for princes' ransoms here.

While shipping charges may make it an unviable option, I have a silver tail box for your Norge you are welcome to gratis. Let me know if interested and if you know cheap transportation means.

Best,

Bill

Back