• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge Seat -what will fit?

I agree the stock seat is less than ideal, however I found the so called lower seat, which is a gel seat, is not noticeably lower but for me was way more comfortable. In fact, all day comfortable. I am short of inseam & arm length anyway so the bump in the Guzzi seats really does not limit me. Only caveat, gel seats do hold heat, so on a hot sunny day never park the bike without putting a helmet or something over where you sit. That aside, I have had very good experience with Sargent seats on a couple of my Tonti framed Guzzis, and would use them anytime. As for Corbin, I know a lot more people who swear at them rather than by them.

Try an Alaska butt pad for the seat. The sheep skin should keep the gel from getting hot. http://alaskaleather.com/products/medium-sheepskin-buttpad get a light colored one.

THX for the input guys. I'm in the seat cover business, sold pads for a bit, and use the Alaska Sheepskin as my tester when developing new seat cover patterns. A wet sheep will let me know right away if I've got it right!

That said I've found that a correct seat made for me is far and away the proper solution. A big part of it is getting the lean angle of the seat correct. The forward slope of the stock Norge seat is at least as big a problem as the poor support offered by the too soft foam IMO.

I have over 10 seats from the big manufactures in my shop for testing, for both fitment and comfort. Every pad, skin, airhawk, and the like is also on a shelf at the shop.
The best I can offer is everybody's different in what they like.

I do speak with dozens of riders every month and after well over 1000 covers delivered there are a few things I hear over and over. I use this to produce a product my customers want. Russell and BMS are far and away what most of my customers are satisfied with and like windscreens, the majority of the customers have had more than one (seat made) prior to settling on their final choice.

The later model seats will probably fit, but probably won't be any better. The biggest problem with the stock seat is the foam is too soft. Great in the showroom, lousy on the road. I'd recommend having a custom seat make with high density or closed cell foam. If you are in the US, Sargent seat in Florida comes to mind. They want pictures of you and your passenger on the bike and your dimensions. The result will be an all day seat. They did one for may 2006 Breva (same seat as your Norge) and it is great.

Check out Astech Seats in Jonesboro, In. astech.com. They will rebuild your seat anyway you want, even while you wait.

Back