• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Building an 850 Roamer ?

motoguzziman

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Happy New Year To All !

Todd , The Pictures of your 850 Roamer idea, look fantastic !

The only problem I have, with the long V7 tank on the Roamer, is , where will the passenger be ?
Also the side bags & rear rack ?
As said, I have only seen photos , but with the V7 tank + passenger & sidebags + rack, it looks like the bike would wheelie , every time I set off ?

Any chance of a 22 ltr tank , that was a bit shorter but taller ?
Or am I being visually deceived , by the dimensions of the photos ?
Cheers
Jan

Same to you and yours.

The V9 is the same exact frame as the V7 with some minor changes. Not sure what you're imagining. I will have mine done and in my rental fleet soon.
I have the C-Bow bags on mine, and a rear rack is also available. which I sell here on the site... click pic below for more info;

Hi Again.
I have not yet, sat, on either a V7 or a V8. Yes, I saw some, in your shop.

Unfortunately you were not there the day I arrived, so you only saw the naked Breva 750, without the usual touring gear & passenger.
Which has a lot ( Seemingly ) shorter but taller , fuel tank , than the one on the V7

However I am sure you have seen enough photos on our blog, to see what I mean.

My question was, with side bags & a luggage rack and a passenger ?

Will the long (appearing ) V7 fuel tank, mean that the rider and passenger, are forced to sit much further back ?
And then , risk doing a wheelie every time we set off ?

IMG 4147

P1060905

Last edited:
Now, looking at this last picture , of luggage placement & my passenger / Photographer :
Could we put the same luggage bags + Rack + Passenger, on a Roamer 850, with the 22 liter tank ?
Or would everything be set a lot further back ?

Yes, on the front seat, is my BUTTBUFFER.COM $ 35 Pad, which placed sideways, does a great job.
Bossy Bessie's pad is in the luggage straps, for that trip.

Thus laden, we have so far, ridden over 70 000 miles around the USA, since 2007.

I had a Breva 750 which we rode 2-up around New Zealand - very comfortable with the stepped seat.
The 2014 V7 Stone I now have has a flat seat which seems to be shorter = less room for the pillion, and the rear pegs are closer to the seat so less leg room. I guess this will translate across to the Roamer.
AndyB

Thanks !
Initially I was close to getting an 850..
Then I saw it only had a 15 liter tank ...... Big Joke !
Mebbe I should just stick with my 70 000 + miles Breva 750 .

If it aint broke ! Don Fix It !!!!!

The rear tank bolt of your Breva 750 tank is the same point of the V7 tank, so you are sitting in the exact same location on both bikes. Even if we built you a 4V 850, I can promise you there would be no wheelies loaded, two up... unless it's something you want it to do. ;)

So the rear bolt of the tank is in the same place, but on the Breva the Pilot wraps themselves around the tank more than on the V7 where they sit behind the tank, so they are maybe a little more forwards on the Breva.....also the P2 seat on the Breva looks like it extends further rearwards. It only takes a few inches to make a bike seat feel much bigger.
Maybe your best solution is keeping your Breva and getting Todd to re-engine it? The later V7 engines are definately better than the Breva one (or at least better than the Breva one I had).
AndyB

So the rear bolt of the tank is in the same place, but on the Breva the Pilot wraps themselves around the tank more than on the V7 where they sit behind the tank, so they are maybe a little more forwards on the Breva....
AndyB

I really don't know what you're talking about. If I wrap myself around the tank anymore I'm sitting on the heads.

IMG 20160822 120946014

Last edited:
With the flat V7 seat I can sit a little further back if I want when solo - I could not do that with the sculpured Breva seat.
With my wife on the back of the V7, who is 5ft 7", 60kg, I have to sit right at the front of the seat, probably in the same position as on a Breva, to give her enough space.
We knew this before buying the bike - and so usually ride an R100R BMW when two up.
AndyB

Last edited:
OK but that doesn't explain why you think there's more room on a B7 than a V7.

Because you CAN slide back doesn't mean you have to.

My point is I think some are making assumptions based on visual cues as opposed to actual size of the bikes.

The frames are the same, seats can be changed if necessary.

If you fit 2-up on a B7 there's no reason a V7 won't work as well.

Hi Kev,
I don't have access to a B7 to compare with so can not fully answer your question - except that we were happy to tour two up on it, while on the V7 we feel we have less room (which we realised when we went for a test ride on one). Mmaybe the V7 seat is shorter than the B7, or is the difference due to the B7 pillion height being greater, giving more leg room? We have not changed height or size since we had the B7.
As I said earlier, it only takes a couple of inches difference to make a seat feel large enough.

Have you ridden two up on yours much?

AndyB

Hey Andy, thanks for your reply that helps me understand better.

I suspect the differences are just in the seat (as we're told the frames are the same). Which means it's easily fixed with a seat swap or alteration.

I don't ride 2-up much at all since my eldest daughter grew up and the younger ones are too young.

That and the fact that I'm 5' 10" / ~225# means I don't leave a lot of extra room.

I prefer my Harley Sportster for 2-up when needed.

But I did bring my then 15 y/o daughter to school a few times in the V7. The seat space wasn't the problem.

Last edited:
Back