• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New V65TT owner

tractionavant

Just got it firing!
I recently bought a V65TT, which I've wanted for a long time! Being new to this model(but not Moto Guzzi's) I'm hoping that this forum may be helpful with the following initial questions:

1.)I bought the bike from the widow of Ed(ward)Sander in Ft. Bragg, CA. It appears that he bought the bike in May, 2004. Unfortunately, his widow did not have any paperwork, so I don't know any history before Ed. I am hopeful that, given the limited quantities of these bikes, that someone may recognize Ed's name. The bike was originally sold in 1986 by the Sonny Angel dealership in CA. For reference, the VIN is ZGUPVAPG1GM100004.
2.)How many of these bikes were sold in the U.S.?
3.)Are there any parts suppliers in the U.S. or Europe who have availability of parts? I imagine that mechanical parts may not be too difficult, but I do need rear turn signals, rearview mirror(s) and the engine sump guard for starters.

Any and all help is very much appreciated.

Bud

Best sources in the US would be long time dealers such as Harper's or Moto International. Turn signals and such tended to be common, so if you can find a parts reference you might get those types of items from MG cycle.

Thanks for your reply and referrals. Will certainly give them a try starting with Moto International, whom I've used for parts for another Guzzi.

congratulations on the V65TT, I have 2 and they are one of the best guzzi's about

Mechanical parts are mainly v65 and v35 (gearbox)
electrics are bosch or saprisa

Brake disks and plastics are almost impossible to find (TLM in the Netherlands are best for parts)

front brake is appalling but a harley davidson mt350 4 piston caliper is a direct upgrade

sump guards are crap plastic and very easy to break.. Agostini do a lovely alloy one

side stands are a disaster and snap at the most inappropriate moment....

as a little hint of what you can achieve this is mine

4 piston front brake, main stand, hagon suspension, v7 stone engine and gearbox ( with carbs) Arrrow exhaust

Wowsers, that's great looking! I like the modern V7 engine & arrows exhaust. I also prefer the dark grey color scheme vs. my white one.
I've learned that only 40 or so V65TT's were brought into the U.S. and all were white. I am trying to find an original or aftermarket sump bash plate. I understand that the Guzzi originals were plastic and prone to breaking. Besides the stock tank, mine came with a spare larger-capacity tank per the attached photos. Unfotunately, it was missing the filler cap and the fuel level sending unit and cover plate. It is of fiberglass construction and the Guzzi logo was hand-painted on(vs. the stock tank's decals). Speaking of which, does anyone supply decals for this bike? I'm doing some preventative maintenance, etc. before starting the bike, as it's been about two years since it ran and I have no service information as a baseline. Thanks for any/all help! Bud

Attachments

• Moto Guzzi V65TT big tank(2).jpeg
    Moto Guzzi V65TT big tank(2).jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Moto Guzzi V65TT big tank(1).jpeg
    Moto Guzzi V65TT big tank(1).jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 14
thanks, been a long time evolution.

Agostini Mandeo's guard is the best, i believe Todd's Guzzitech store does agostini stuff so he may be able to get your one

not sure what tank that is, def not a ntx tank!

decals i suspect will be repro custom made only now

Oil and filter for engine, same for gearbox and bevel box

clean carbs and check ignition and get it it running

Here in the states I recommend you coat the inside of the fiberglass tank with Caswell sealer before you put our wonderful ethanol fuel into it. The ethanol eats fiberglass tanks. Caswell not only seals but is ethanol proof and does not peel off like Kreem. It is so clear that you can hardly tell you did it.

Back