• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Thin wall socket?

oldcarsaz

Just got it firing!
How do you replace the rear spark plugs on a 2008 breva sport? I've tried every metric and standard socket and nothing fits. There is no room around the plug.

Thin wall socket. Try a search on the Forum for a few options.

The trick for installing the inner plugs is to insert the plug into a section of spare fuel line. The use the furl line to insert and turn the plug in. If it doesn't go in easily, it is crossed, back out and try again. Then even a not straight socket will seat the plug. Also coat the threads with anti seize. They remain in so long it makes the next removal easy.

I just got a friend to turn down a normal socket on his lathe. it only took a few mins and it works fine.

One of these "Spark Plug Socket/Extension 5/8" work OK: motionpro.com/product/08-0239

I used John's fuel line advice. It's worth giving the plug hole a burst of compressed air to clear out any crap.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I've troubles in sourcing a fitting 16mm spark plug socket locally. What is the outside diameter for a socket which actually fits the inner spark plugs?

Regards, Jan

I use mine alot, it's normal plug socket I put on a grinder and made the end going in like a long taper. Grind it, check fit, Grind it, check fit, it works and is stronger than the junk for a lawn mower.

Search "Thin Wall Spark Plug Socket 16mm" or 5/8" on Amazon. Tons of options.

That why you get what appears to be a $%^*@# little stamped steel socket in tool kits - as that's all that will fit in some places and you don't need a Impact Gun quality socket to strip the Plug threads when installing them :rolleyes:

As I already said to obviously deaf ears and/or blind eyes, not that i would know I guess, even though I OWN THIS EXACT MOTORCYCLE.

The factory tool is right in the red bag toolkit, right under the seat. You don't have to buy diddly-squat!

You only have to open the seat, remove the took rom the tool kit, remove the tank, and the same wrench, removes the outer (one side of the tool) and the inner (the other side of the tool) spark plugs.

If your plugs are so overtightened that this will not remove them, then you have more serious problems because this wrench works just fine and is plenty strong to snap a spark plug right in half.

For the life of me I cannot understand posts like this sometimes...

IMG 6388
IMG 6390
IMG 6389

Last edited:
The V7 III have crap for a toolkit - I thought mine was Missing things until I saw this -
V7 toolkit

All I have is the screw driver and 1 Allen/Hex key !

Last edited:
As I already said to obviously deaf ears and/or blind eyes, not that i would know I guess, even though I OWN THIS EXACT MOTORCYCLE.

The factory tool is right in the red bag toolkit, right under the seat. You don't have to buy diddly-squat!

You only have to open the seat, remove the took rom the tool kit, remove the tank, and the same wrench, removes the outer (one side of the tool) and the inner (the other side of the tool) spark plugs.

If your plugs are so overtightened that this will not remove them, then you have more serious problems because this wrench works just fine and is plenty strong to snap a spark plug right in half.

For the life of me I cannot understand posts like this sometimes...

View attachment 23772
View attachment 23774
View attachment 23773

Have you used that too? A good 3/8 inch drive socket makes the job so much easier that using that tool.

Have you used that too? A good 3.8 inch drive socket makes the job so much easier that using that tool.

You're kidding right? I have just about every tool known to God and man but yes, I have verified that the tool works and works fine. No, it's not pretty, but functional 100%. You only need it for the final tightening or the initial loosening. The rest you can do with your fingers or a piece of hose pressed onto the spark plug.

My point was, that instead of all of those repetitive pleas for measurements, responses, and back and forth mumbo jumbo, the answer to his problem is right under his seat.

The poster 07JGM was obviously unable to figure out how to order from Amazon to Holland, (IDK), so I was simply trying to say that the immediate solution to your problem is under your seat. Nothing more.

Somebody once told me, that you can get to a place in a Model T or a Ferrari, but both will get you there all the same.

For reference when a future question arises:
Orderded this socket from Amazon; outside diameter: 19,75 - 19,80 mm.

Worked like a charm on my 2007 Norge.

Jan

Upload 2021 12 13 9 52 22

It would have been very helpful if you had stated that you had a Norge!

The original post was for a 1200 Sport which is what I thought you had all along.

It’s good that you got it sorted out.

Back