• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stone tire size and style ?

I finally got around to removing the back tire - It was tight squeeze getting the wheel/tire out from the swing arm, and a little tricky putting it back on with that spacer and those rubber bushings that love to fall out and bounce underneath anything you have in your garage...

Here's a picture of the back tire, which is tubeless. IMG 0118

Last edited:
In Uk it is radials on the back and bias on the front - not the other way around.
AndyB

Last edited:
IMG 1646 Nice Avon Spumoni want to buy another bike them to put them on
i need to pull my wheel today for a tire change(any tips)
conti tkc70 130/80-17 i hope it works as good as it looks

Just follow the service manual. It's pretty easy, but be patient putting the wheel back on. Aligning the gears in between the rubber spacers took me a little bit - I'm sure there's a trick I'm not aware of, but just be patient. Is the front tire tubeless?

no service manual just removed it .anyway the wrench work went well about 20mins worth
but another 15minutes wiggleing it off the swingarm and dinged my rim a little bit. amazing how little it weighs i guess i didnt need to drain the fluild.
front tire is tubeless but i cant decide on a tire. no more spokes and no more tubes and no more chain

What fluid did you drain?

Sorry to hear about the rim. Hopefully you won't have any trouble getting it on. If you have problems fitting the new tire back in the swing arm you maybe deflating it would help. Good luck!

i drained the pumpkin but it need service anyway
thanks i thought about deflating already and practiced the reinstalation
a couple times with the old wheel and tire before i took it to tire shop for remount
wierd experience, first time in about forty years i had to take anything to a shop
i bought this bike in conn. and never looked back cause i called the dealer when i got home 2.5hours away
and told them my throwout bearing was squealing awfull and need to be replaced
they said its a sound not a noise
ill fix it myself when it fails but for now i just pop it out of gear when i stop

i drained the pumpkin but it need service anyway
thanks i thought about deflating already and practiced the reinstalation
a couple times with the old wheel and tire before i took it to tire shop for remount
wierd experience, first time in about forty years i had to take anything to a shop
i bought this bike in conn. and never looked back cause i called the dealer when i got home 2.5hours away
and told them my throwout bearing was squealing awfull and need to be replaced
they said its a sound not a noise
ill fix it myself when it fails but for now i just pop it out of gear when i stop
Regarding your throwout bearing squeal, you should read this thread:
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-ii-owners-advisory-on-clutch.16098/

THanks for the heads up but i dont think thats my issue. shifting is great except sometimes i need to rock it a little bit to drop in first gear
the oil and filter was clean and i adjusted the clutch at both ends with a little play. it happens when the bike is hot and chirps and squeals awful and i read a post about this issue and the dudes throwout bearing failed and broke apart after the same kind of noise(sound) the Avon Tire i keep refering to is the Gripster Am24 it was my original choice and correct size
but too aggressive i decided

After way too many hours trying to find a scrambler tire for my 2017 V7, I found these on Revzilla. Seems like the dual sport guys love this tire. Any problems I might have running a rear tire on the front? They make this tire in both the front and rear size of a V7, but they market it as only a rear tire. Both are radial.

revzilla.com/motorcycle/heidenau-k60-scout-rear-tire

Thanks,
Jud

After way too many hours trying to find a scrambler tire for my 2017 V7, I found these on Revzilla. Seems like the dual sport guys love this tire. Any problems I might have running a rear tire on the front? They make this tire in both the front and rear size of a V7, but they market it as only a rear tire. Both are radial.

Thanks,
Jud
If you use a rear tire on the front, just make sure the arrow for rotation direction points the other way, that's all. It has to do with the largest forces on the tire; acceleration for the rear and braking for the front.

I will run tubes in both with right angle valves. Having a mis-match would drive me crazy. Hate having to use tubes, but it's the only option.

I've never seen a right angle valve on a tube. I'm wondering how it will fit through the rim hole.

Can you please post a picture when you procure them?

Thanks,
Jud
The Heidenau tire for the front is a tube type tire. I doubt that they are radials - there is no "R" in the size designation.
Kenda K76 are available in tubeless and the proper sizes.
I am running Avon TrailRiders with a rear on the front, reversed (it looks like a tractor tire with the deep tread and will probably last 3 or 4 rears). They handle well but I have not tried them in the dirt yet.
Dan

Back