• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

ISO Moto Guzzi Mechanic in Philadelphia

Are you needing repairs, service or warranty work?

I'm not in your area but many of the older Guzzi owners/riders are willing to help/teach another GuzziNut.
If it is minor repairs or routine service you may be able to hook up with somebody in your area.

Warranty work would have to be a dealer.

Are you needing repairs, service or warranty work?

I'm not in your area but many of the older Guzzi owners/riders are willing to help/teach another GuzziNut.
If it is minor repairs or routine service you may be able to hook up with somebody in your area.

Warranty work would have to be a dealer.
Thank you. I bought my bike new and if I am not mistaken, it's covered by manufacturer warranty for the first two years. I think I will take it for routine service (first one after 625 miles, I was told) to the closest dealership making sure that there are no excuses if I ever needed warranty work in the first two years. The reason I asked for referrals in Philadelphia area is basically for some customization (i.e., exhaust slip-on, mounting engine guard, center stand, windshield, and maybe adjustments to factory suspensions, etc.). Any thoughts?

Don't know in the Philly area but check the store tab on this forum, Todd offers a lot of what you are looking for.

And yes it never hurts to have the first couple of services done by a dealer just to have it on record.
A lot of folks who are old time Guzzi riders never take them to a dealer & that's okay too.
Just need to be comfortable with whatever...

GuzziHenry, There are other discussions on the topic of "First Service". I live in the Philadelphia area and purchased my Cali 1400 Touring new from Eurosports in Coopersburg, PA (Near Allentown, PA).

In my case I had some issues with the bike as it was delivered to me, so I didn't trust my first service with that specific dealer. In the end I did my own first service (Very Easy, by the way). My decision was based mainly upon the cost I was quoted for this service. Eurosports quoted me $600-$700, but many members on the web reported paying closer to $400 for the same service.

When I did my initial inspection, at the first service, 600 miles, I discovered several problems that should have been caught by Eurosports during bike preparation, a "service" for which I was charged an additional $200 at purchase time:
- Front brakes pulsing - rotors were checked and verified warped,
- Audible metallic clanking sound when encountering uneven road surfaces,
- Audible and tactile clicking during front brake application, fork compression and rebound,
- Clutch is grabby, makes screaming noise, first 1/4 mile of ride upon first gear launch,
- Both pannier latches have grossly flawed chrome plating,
- Cross threaded bolt, one of 6, on rear subframe behind engine,
- Port side muffler "side clamp" defective during manufacture,
- Oil cooler stainless-steel braided hose crushed by throttle block

There is another dealer "Fast by Ferracci", they are closer to Philadelphia. I did get an estimate for the same service from them in January 2016. It was also over $500. I don't know anything about "F by F", however, a few decades ago, they were reputed to be the "best".

Den.

Last edited:
Does anyone know a reputable MG mechanic in Philadelphia, PA (max. 15 miles radius)?
Thanks.
I second SpareParts for the older machines, and defer to others for the newer bikes.

See my post on guzzicalifornia.forumcircle for these details.
Den, can you just copy and paste your post here. Please don't link people away from this site. I spend a lot of money and time to land people here.

Todd offers a lot of what you are looking for.
Thanks as always Trout. Henry, click on the Store link above or happy to answer questions direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com

I second SpareParts for the older machines, and defer to others for the newer bikes.

Den, can you just copy and paste your post here. Please don't link people away from this site. I spend a lot of money and time to land people here.

Thanks as always Trout. Henry, click on the Store link above or happy to answer questions direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com
>> Edited the post. (Den)

Dennis,

I think Fast by Ferracci dropped Moto Guzzi as a brand.

dave
If they did, it must have been this past year (2016). When I was shopping for my Cali in the fall of 2015 they had a leftover white 2014 California Touring. I wanted a black one so I went to Eurosports. They also provided me with a "First Service" quote in January 2016 when I called around for estimates. I have heard opinions in some reviews that "F by F" may not be as reliable for service as they once had a reputation for. However, I've never been in their shop.

If they did, it must have been this past year (2016). When I was shopping for my Cali in the fall of 2015 they had a leftover white 2014 California Touring. I wanted a black one so I went to Eurosports. They also provided me with a "First Service" quote in January 2016 when I called around for estimates. I have heard opinions in some reviews that "F by F" may not be as reliable for service as they once had a reputation for. However, I've never been in their shop.

Ferracci is finished with Guzzi. Eurosports in Coopersburg hasn't done the best quality work for me. Expensive. Harness under the rear fender (two wires) going to the plate light was shorted by the tire because it wasn't seated properly in the bracket under the fender and hung down rubbing the tire. Their fix under warranty was not to replace the section or properly splice the wires. They twisted the wires back together and wrapped them with electrical tape. No solder/shrink wrap or hard splice, just twist and tape. Seriously. This was a new bike under warranty. Guess what happened after running on wet roads? I didn't know this until I noticed wires hanging from under the fender one day. I properly spliced it myself but shouldn't have had to.

Sad there aren't many Guzzi dealers around.

Sad there aren't many Guzzi dealers around.

True. Let's call it part of the Moto Guzzi Mystique. I have discovered that when I want a MG mechanic all I have to do is walk into my bathroom and look in the mirror. When the day comes that this is not acceptable I will dump my California and call it a "learning experience". ;)

MikeFmoto,

First, let me say that I love your user profile image, I've been there and done that. I was a teenager at the time and when I knocked on my girlfriend's door and smiled she nearly slammed the door on me. I didn't get it until she told me I should pack a toothbrush on my ride.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with Eurosports. I find it sad that this is the case with this specific dealer, they otherwise seem well situated to offer better service. Presently I have a somewhat serious issue with the clutch on my Cali Touring, and I'm totally frightened about bringing it to them to do the warranty work. If you or anyone else doesn't realize it, clutch work on the Cali 8 valve models requires an engine removal. The thought of them doing that level of work on my bike has turned me into an insomniac.

Something has to happen soon regarding my clutch issue. Piaggio is on the hook to respond to my recent complaint. I will update this post with my results, or lack thereof.

Den.

Back