• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Racer Horn Puzzle

robertllr

Tuned and Synch'ed
My 2013 V7 Racer has two horns, left and right, which--according to the parts book--is correct. However, today I noticed (rather belatedly, and much to my chagrin, since I've owned the bike for about 3 years) that the right-hand horn is not sounding. Going to investigate, I was astounded to find that, not only is the right-hand horn not hooked into the electrical system, but there is no wiring harness for it--at all!. The parts book is silent on the horn harnesses. So two questions: has this happened to anyone else, and how do I go about purchasing or fabricating one and hooking it in? Thanks.

PS> If I am reading the wring diagram correctly, the horns are hooked in parallel on the sme circuit, so I should be able to simply run jumper wires from the left horn to the right horn, no?

Last edited:
Weird. I would not have thought that MG would use a different wiring harness for the Racer.
I don't think it was intentional. I think someone at the factory just messed up on this particular bike--and maybe a few others...who know?.

I'd search around the frame area for the missing horn connectors. Maybe they have been stuffed somewhere and the factory forgot to plug them in. I have a 2011 V7R and there definitely is wiring on both sides of the bike for horns. In fact, I changed my OEM horns for Fiamm Highway Blasters and both work just fine.

... I changed my OEM horns for Fiamm Highway Blasters and both work just fine.

Robert, I'm curious, were yours plug-and-play, or did you have to add a relay and extra wiring?

Robert, I'm curious, were yours plug-and-play, or did you have to add a relay and extra wiring?

I've got both the low and high tone FIAMM Freeway Blasters on my '14 V7 Special. Used the existing horn mounts and the terminals are the same as the OEM horns. It's possible that they could work without a relay, but I didn't try it and installed it with a relay. I installed them using this relay kit (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028ZKMM6) and just spliced an additional set of wires from the first horn to power the second. Took less than 15-20 minutes to install.

IMG 0950

I've just checked my V7ll Special. I've two horns, both apparently connected, but the sound is really weedy. Tomorrow, when I won't disturb the neighbours, I'll check they're both working. If not, it'll be FIAMMs for me.

Mine were plug and play. However, it NEVER hurts to use a horn relay and I would highly recommend it. Fiamm produce a special SPST relay with two outputs labelled 87 (instead of the normal SPDT relays with pins labelled 87 and 87a). This special Fiamm relay will drive both horns; just connect each horn to each pin 87 and feed power into pin 30. Pin 85 goes to ground and pin 86 goes to the horn switch.

Back