• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

My Stelvio drink a lot

Ardito

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi guys
i have a problem with my Stelvio MY08, maybe someone can help me.
In the month of december 2016 i bring my bike to my preferred dealer in Milan for resolve a problem with the chain tensor left.
When he dismount the cylinder can see a littlet bit of damage in shaft cam and flat tappet, so now I have in my bike new chain tensor and a new distribution with roller tappet(my bike need the kit C) from 1000 km(620 miles less or more).
Normally my Stelvio, in the winter, made 15/14 km/lt(35 mpg) and 17/18 km/lt(42 mpg) in summer, but now they made 10 km/lt(23 mpg).
A friend say me wich the distribution upgrade the bike normally dirnk a little bit more, but so for me it's a lot.
I don't know if can serve but the minimun idle it's 800/900 rpm, before the upgrade was 1200 rpm.
Someone have some advice?

p.s.: sorry for my english....;)

What map did they install when they did the upgrade. It should be an updated map and they have been known to burn more fuel but not by that much.

Either map should not cause a low idle. That is a sign of over fueling. Does the bike run ok otherwise. I have had this issue before when changing my maps and forgetting to reset the TPS. This may be the issue.

They should have installed the roller map, balanced the throttle bodies and reset the TPS and learning parameters. If they did not it will not run properly. Also confirm that they set the valves properly. These are all things u can do yourself if u have the proper tools and software.

Hi Canuck
When they upgrade the distribution charged a new map, a map for the roller tapped. The bike going well, maybe a little bit nervous. When they upgrade the distribution i asked if could clean and balance the TB.

Did you reset the TPS?. If so, what value is it reading at idle. Also what is the CO reading. It should be zero. If you had a custom map in there before with a different CO reading, when they install the new map, the CO reading does not get set back to zero. I found that one out the hard way.

The new stock map is richer than the original since the cam profiles changed with the rollers. You will also find that your computer will also now not read the correct fuel mileage. When you checked the fuel mileage, did you do it from the computer or from the amount of fuel and mileage reading.

After TPS reset the idle value(with hot engine) 850/900 rpm and TPS value 4.5/4.7°. I reading -16 CO trimmer
The map is original, I never use a custom map..
For reading the mileage I use an app spritmonitor.de
Sometimes I feel smell of gasoline...

After TPS reset the idle value(with hot engine) 850/900 rpm and TPS value 4.5/4.7°. I reading -16 CO trimmer
The map is original, I never use a custom map..
For reading the mileage I use an app spritmonitor.de
Sometimes I feel smell of gasoline...
Ok

I sent u an email. Let me review the information u sent me and I will let u know what I find. That CO value is not correct. Makes me think someone changed some values at some point.

Ciao Ardito, first welcome to the GT Forum and Famiglia. Hope you will add your info to the Registry here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/stelvio-registry-pics-thread-add-your-bike.11540/

I'll assume MY08 = MY09 here in the States. This is the "full power" Griso motor noted as A5 on the engine block. In MY10/A8 engine, they changed the camshaft profile and delivered less fuel. The A10 motor used in the MY12 - 15 is unchanged and the map is slightly richer than the A8 engine. The MY12 solid lifter engine and the MY13+ roller lifter model share the exact same map, and this is the map they should have loaded. I would visit a dealer and have them check the map and settings. It may be as simple as a TPS reset as noted above, which is sound like you can do yourself. If that is good, something more mechanical might be the problem.

Hi Todd
nice to meet you. You have reason my bike engine is the A5 type rollerized about a couple of month.
I believe the map is all right because the only can touch my bike is my Guzzi Dealer Maffezzini on Motor Bike. He use only the PADS software, so I'm in peace..

Later I add my bike on the list..

Hi Todd
nice to meet you. You have reason my bike engine is the A5 type rollerized about a couple of month.
I believe the map is all right because the only can touch my bike is my Guzzi Dealer Maffezzini on Motor Bike. He use only the PADS software, so I'm in peace..

Later I add my bike on the list..

It wouldn't hurt to have your dealer double check the map, balance, and TPS reading. Yes they should burn a bit more fuel after rollerization, but your case is too much.

Hi Stelvio's guys...some news about my bike.
Wednesday I was go to my dealer near Milan(100 km from my home), I saw may problems and he made some adjustments with PADS and about on the TB.
Now the idle is good, 1200 rpm, and the mileage are much better(the last refuelling 13,8 km/l-32,45 mpg). The carburation is more lean.
He say me, in the spring/summer the bike will go more better.
This is the Stelvio that I love..:h:

Hello guys
Maybe I found out what my Stelvio problem was. During my last ride on the Route des Grand Alpes, I came up with the SERVICE sign twice, but left no trace in the display diagnostics, and in the last 70 km the bike under the 3000rpm was very bad and leaving traces of smoke on the exhaust .
Just at home and with the PC I found that the error was the P0130 referenced to the lambda probe. The first test I suggest from Pauldaytona was to reset autolearning and actually it was okay at first, but twice a minute it went wrong again.
The final test was to load a map with the lambda deactivated and as for magic I went from 12 to 13 km / l to 17 km / l.
Yesterday I installed a new lambda and I reloaded the original map to control how they are consuming (a full fueling or two) but I think I follow the map path with the probe off.
The probe I bought is a LSH24 of Bosch art. 0 258 003 579 (even if the cable is 1 meter long, too, alternatively 0258003805 long 30 cm cable)

Back