• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Stone Rearsets with Stock Handlebars

Joe Kletch

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Anyone here using rearsets with the stock V7 Stone handlebars? I'm thinking of getting rearsets to give me a bit more leg room, but wondering how they work with the non-clip on handlebars. Has anyone added rearsets to help with leg room? Did it help? I'm 6' tall with a 32" inseam and have the lowered pegs from Todd's store. Leg room is OK, but I feel it could be better. Let me know your thoughts.

The stone footrests always feel a bit too far forwards to me, even at 5ft 9" tall, so I will be interested to see the replies you get. Assuming you are thinking of using V7 Racer ones?
AndyB

The stone footrests always feel a bit too far forwards to me, even at 5ft 9" tall, so I will be interested to see the replies you get. Assuming you are thinking of using V7 Racer ones?
AndyB

While they are $100 less than the Soto's on Todd's store -- I like the black Soto and I like to buy from Todd. So I will probably get the black Soto.

While they are $100 less than the Soto's on Todd's store -- I like the black Soto and I like to buy from Todd. So I will probably get the black Soto.

I use Racer rearsets on my Special with Norman Hyde M Bars and I love the rearsets regardless of any handlebar option (mind you I'm knee-height to a grasshopper so...). So far I've used both the stock footpegs AND rearsets with stock handlebars, clip ons, low rise tracker bars and now the M bar. I prefer the rearsets for sure. Really lets you tuck your knees into the tank and I feel more stable through corners because of that...the stock foot pegs always felt just a tiny bit too far forward for my liking, even thought they are very comfortable! I just had a 800+km weekend with the rearsets and didn't have any comfort issues though. Each to their own =)

best to get something like the Alaskan sheep skin pad with jell insert raising you about 1 1/2".
cheap fix to see if it works for you is two of the cheap foam pads around in the sporting goods area at Wal-mart. $3.77 last year. Or at big 5 the pads for kayakers about $5.

Joe, I've done several rear-sets on stock bars, all to taller riders. I think even pokeyjoe here has them, and he's quite tall too. Hope that helps.

I stand a towering 5'-7" (lol) and just added rearsets with 3" rearward and 5/8" upwards, and they now feel like they are in the right place for me. Obviously, I don't have the legroom issue of a taller rider...

Back