• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge windshield motor no longer works

I have a 2014 Norge that the windshield motor stopped working, up or down. No noises, creaks or whinning.
I tested the push button switches with an ohmmeter and they worked fine. I took the windshield, dash and covers off to get to the mechanism. All connections were tight, but no voltage was present at any of the connectors.
With the ignition on (bike not started), i kept the up button depressed and started lightly tapping the motor, then connectors. The motor came to life and I could move the windshield up and down. it seemed I found a loose connector. I put everything back together and the windshield motor stopped working. Took everything apart, pressed the up button while tapping the connector and it started working again. The motor would now work intermittently. Moving cables around, I found two relays that I think send current to the windshield motor. When the motor stops working I tap the bottom relay and the windshield works. IMG 20161113 161454152

I have a problem with the windshield on my 09 Norge. It seemed to work fine when I bought the bike used this spring, except that the motor would keep running without any resistance even when the mechanism had reached it's limits (with the button pushed). I assumed it had some kind of slip clutch. But later on, the motor would work but the windshield wouldn't move unless you helped it. So I left it in the highest position and went for a 10 day trip.
Yesterday I decided to take it apart which is simple enough. I found that the worm shaft isn't attached to the motor, but but seems to engage and operate ok if you give it some physical resistance. Is this normal?

I read that Beemer windshield motors are the same as German car sunroof motors. Knowing Guzzi, there should be some equivalent motor in a Fiat car, Alfa Romeo or such.
In general I have had good luck finding equivalent parts by just googling the part numbers to see what pops up. In my case Weber Marelli FI parts.

Has anyone tried repairing the worm where it attaches to the motor? My motor works fine, so I took it apart, and the worm is just a cable wrapped with wire that seems to be pressed or brazed into a brass fitting held to the motor with a set screw. I'm thinking of finding a good welder and having it brazed.

I read that Beemer windshield motors are the same as German car sunroof motors. Knowing Guzzi, there should be some equivalent motor in a Fiat car, Alfa Romeo or such.
In general I have had good luck finding equivalent parts by just googling the part numbers to see what pops up. In my case Weber Marelli FI parts.

Hi jr1967, I didn't have any luck with this.

I have exactly the same issue as you, @Merlin Stewart .

The motor works, but the spindle seems to slip. I have re-greased the mechanism, but it still does not work.

Have you made any progress?

I have a 2014 Norge that the windshield motor stopped working, up or down. No noises, creaks or whinning.
I tested the push button switches with an ohmmeter and they worked fine. I took the windshield, dash and covers off to get to the mechanism. All connections were tight, but no voltage was present at any of the connectors.
With the ignition on (bike not started), i kept the up button depressed and started lightly tapping the motor, then connectors. The motor came to life and I could move the windshield up and down. it seemed I found a loose connector. I put everything back together and the windshield motor stopped working. Took everything apart, pressed the up button while tapping the connector and it started working again. The motor would now work intermittently. Moving cables around, I found two relays that I think send current to the windshield motor. When the motor stops working I tap the bottom relay and the windshield works.View attachment 11210
I have a similar problem on my 2014 Norge, it will work going down, but no power at the motor when going up. Looking at the wiring diagram, it seems that either the microswitch or one of those two relays. What have you found on your bike keith?

Back