• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Advice for luggage on V7II wanted

NickSzasz

Tuned and Synch'ed
Find myself wanting to carry more stuff recently.
Have a V7II Scrambler setup with Arrow high exhaust.

1st scenario is I want a bag late enough to carry a DSLR camera / lenses, etc - so not considering a roll, or soft tube shape bag. Furthermore, I often ride with my wife, so the pillion seat space is needed. In this scenario I'm thinking about the Moto Guzzi PORTAPACCHI NERO BLACK PAINTED LUGGAGE RACK cod 2S000259 (it says large, but looks quite small) - and then find a soft tail bag that some structure.

(1) Does anyone us this rack and have any suggestions out advice for bags to attache to it?

2nd scenario would be to get an even bigger rack like the Hepco & Becker Tube top case carrier https://www.hepco-shop.de/meinbike/moto-guzzi/v7-ii-scrambler - and the a top box like their Topcase Explorer 45 https://www.hepco-shop.de/produkte/...es/xplorer/topcase-xplorer-45-silber-172.html This is definitely overkill for most of my weekend rides, but I do have the odd overnighter and could use the space.

(2) anyone with experience with a top case on their v7II - recommendations?

(3) finally,,, another option would be a hard side case on the one side I have open, but can I pillion still fit on comfortably. (My wife is petite)

thanks,
Nick

Nick, I have seen very few V7's with top cases mounted. 45L will be huge on your V7.
For you, probably like here in CA, top cases are beneficial for filtering traffic. All of the racks aren't very big as you suspect, but should be able to accept a top case mount.
As for bags, the C-Bows are my favorite, ans used on all of my rental fleet.
Plenty of options beyond even what I have online here; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/cat...cker-body-n-bags/v7-hepco-becker-body-n-bags/

You can get more slick options for a top case with a Givi mount on a stock or aftermarket rear rack; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/category/body-n-bags/givi/

I have a V7II Stone with H-B 650.540 01 01 rear rack and Journey 42L top case, which is the smallest top case that will hold a full face helmet. A nice thing about this setup is that it does not require a separate mounting plate for the top case. I don't know if the Explorer top case will attach to this rack. H-B also makes a soft case that is designed to attach to this rack.
I also use a tank bag. I bought a Motofizz from Aerostich but decided it was not what I wanted, so it is for sale. I figured out that I can use the Wolfman Ranier that I use on my dualsport - that way I don't have to have two kits. It fits on the rear of the tank and I do not have to unlatch it to fill the tank.

Nick, I have seen very few V7's with top cases mounted. 45L will be huge on your V7.
For you, probably like here in CA, top cases are beneficial for filtering traffic. All of the racks aren't very big as you suspect, but should be able to accept a top case mount.
As for bags, the C-Bows are my favorite, ans used on all of my rental fleet.
Plenty of options beyond even what I have online here; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/cat...cker-body-n-bags/v7-hepco-becker-body-n-bags/

You can get more slick options for a top case with a Givi mount on a stock or aftermarket rear rack; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/category/body-n-bags/givi/

Thanks for that feedback. The C-Bows do look good - but as I have the high Arrow exhaust on one side, so I could only use one - and wonder if it would cramp space for my wife on the back. I'm looking more at the Givi now, maybe a 37L top case in their lighter series. Rated only to carry 3kg of load though. No easy solution!

I have a V7II Stone with H-B 650.540 01 01 rear rack and Journey 42L top case, which is the smallest top case that will hold a full face helmet. A nice thing about this setup is that it does not require a separate mounting plate for the top case. I don't know if the Explorer top case will attach to this rack. H-B also makes a soft case that is designed to attach to this rack.
I also use a tank bag. I bought a Motofizz from Aerostich but decided it was not what I wanted, so it is for sale. I figured out that I can use the Wolfman Ranier that I use on my dualsport - that way I don't have to have two kits. It fits on the rear of the tank and I do not have to unlatch it to fill the tank.

Thanks of your input. Do you ever ride 2-up with both side cases attached? Is leg room compromised for the pillion?
Nick

I can vouch that after renting the V7 from RideMalibu (Todd), the C-Bows are a excellent set up, certainly no problems two up. Have you considered this, but modifying the mount to clear your exhaust.

I can vouch that after renting the V7 from RideMalibu (Todd), the C-Bows are a excellent set up, certainly no problems two up. Have you considered this, but modifying the mount to clear your exhaust.
I second this. The C-Bows go on easy, they're super slick, and even my short wife wasn't bothered by their location. Even if she was, H&B have a set of offset plates that can move the bags back a few inches, anyway.

Here's a couple pics of my Hepco Becker Top Box I purchased here. I believe it's the junior. I've grown to like it quite a bit.

IMG_20150719_111928133.jpg

The dog likes it too. No she doesn't ride in it.

Olive%20in%20top%20box%202.jpeg

Here it is camping.

topboxcamping.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a couple pics of my Hepco Becker Top Box I purchased here. I believe it's the junior. I've grown to like it quite a bit.

IMG_20150719_111928133.jpg

The dog likes it too. No she doesn't ride in it.

Olive%20in%20top%20box%202.jpeg

Here it is camping.

topboxcamping.jpg

Thanks - that looks good - and proportioned to the bike size.

I'm in agreement with Todd - the C-Bows are excellent. Purchased a set from Todd a couple years ago and have been awesome, and they still look pretty decent on. Simple on/off the bike as well. About an hour (or less) to mount the brackets - click and go.

I'm in agreement with Todd - the C-Bows are excellent. Purchased a set from Todd a couple years ago and have been awesome, and they still look pretty decent on. Simple on/off the bike as well. About an hour (or less) to mount the brackets - click and go.

I agree... here's my V7II Stone with C-Bow street bags. I had the brackets on in less than an hour. The quick release on the bags is perfect for traveling. They work like small suitcases, on and off the bike at every stop.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSEOU05gfg5/

I agree... here's my V7II Stone with C-Bow street bags. I had the brackets on in less than an hour. The quick release on the bags is perfect for traveling. They work like small suitcases, on and off the bike at every stop.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSEOU05gfg5/
How do you like that Corbin seat? Can you move forward/back on it or is it just one position. How is the long distance comfort?
Dan

How do you like that Corbin seat? Can you move forward/back on it or is it just one position. How is the long distance comfort?
Dan

Admittedly, there's not a lot of movement forward and back on that seat... and even less when my wife is on the back. We rode six hours last week on Thursday and again on Sunday. The seat is definitely comfortable and I had no saddle soreness, but the legs get stiff from lack of mobility.

All of that said, there's no way my wife and I would be able to ride together on that bike without it. For just me, around town, I swap back to the original seat. But for longer trips, or any riding with my wife, we use the Corbin. It's expensive, but my wife (and my butt) is worth it.

Is there any option for a set of bags that do not mount to a frame? I don't think I will use them more than once or twice on my current bike? I have a Road trip I want to take in the fall but It will only be once

Is there any option for a set of bags that do not mount to a frame? I don't think I will use them more than once or twice on my current bike? I have a Road trip I want to take in the fall but It will only be once

I would be wary of bags that don't utilize a frame of some kind. The last thing I want is a bag flopping into the wheels.

My first major trip I used a good sized backpack and a tail bag.

I recently installed H-B junior 30 bags w/mounts & rear rack on my 16 V7ii stone . Couldn't be more pleased . more space than c-bows ,IMHO they fit style wise too , solid mounts & sturdy bags . If only there was some way to key them to Guzzi keys I'd be euphoric ! Also as a side benefit when I installed H-B "engine protection bars" (don't use the crash word ) &placed a straight edge between bags &bars there may be just enough room for a human leg in there. I hope that never test this clearance factor ,BUT was forced to once on a BMW &walked away only bruised . At 30l ea. weekend camping is not a packing issue. The reaer rack gives me enough tie down points for my tent bag other sundry's . Oops almost forgot , extra keys from H-B was a snap too

Back