• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Heated Grips

Glenn Yingst

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Has anyone tried plugging Oxford heated grips into the stock heated grip setup on a Stelvio or California 1400?.
Everything is there except the grips with their wires.
I've already paid for the overpriced MG grips but was too by my dealer they are back ordered until spring if 2016 ???

Yup..that is what I did. I had the OEM grips but they were not hot enough. Put a set of Oxfords on and much better. Just have to change the plug ends or splice the wires together. There is no polarity so not an issue matching up the wires. Built in controller works perfectly fine with them. If you have a pre 2012, use the Oxford controller to get rid of the silly setup they had for heated grips. 2012+, not issue.

Yup..that is what I did. I had the OEM grips but they were not hot enough. Put a set of Oxfords on and much better. Just have to change the plug ends or splice the wires together. There is no polarity so not an issue matching up the wires. Built in controller works perfectly fine with them. If you have a pre 2012, use the Oxford controller to get rid of the silly setup they had for heated grips. 2012+, not issue.
Fantastic, I cancelled my order on the stock heated grips and picked up some Oxford Adventure grips. will post results when installed.

From memory now but I also believe you will need to extend the wires since they will be a little short. Not 100% but be prepared for that. You need to cut the ends off anyways so not a big issue but you will need some extra wire.

From memory now but I also believe you will need to extend the wires since they will be a little short. Not 100% but be prepared for that. You need to cut the ends off anyways so not a big issue but you will need some extra wire.
Yes, Based on what I see that won't be a problem. I should have them installed tonight. Thanks again for the useful info.

Also, the glue that Oxford uses for the grips is not that good. Seems to last a few months and then the left grip lets go. Throttle is usually ok as it is a tight fight on the throttle tube.

Did the exact thing on my V-Strom also so I know it is the glue. I use Lepage Super Glue in the blue bottle. (see Link) Resists temperature extremes and vibration plus it is thicker so it does not run. Perhaps it is our Canadian winters that does the Oxford Glue in......

You will have to skim off the flights on the tube and also the big cone shaped stop for the oem grip on the throttle tube. This way the oxford slides on and to the end. Just remember to leave a 1/8 to 1/4" end clearance on the throttle grip as it will expand a little when heated and bind up the throttle.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

http://lepage.com/ultragelsuperglue/

Thanks for the info. Oxford Adventure grips installed and working with the MotoGuzzi Controller. A bit of modifications required but nothing I haven't had to do installing them on other bikes

Thanks for the info. Oxford Adventure grips installed and working with the MotoGuzzi Controller. A bit of modifications required but nothing I haven't had to do installing them on other bikes
do they still work - I am told that using other than stock may screw up the computer system. Do you get the signal on the speedo that the grips are on and warming? I have a 2014 Custom 1400. Was the modification just changing the terminals so you could plug them into the harness?
Thanks

Hi
I know this was posted a while ago but I am looking at putting some Oxford Premium Cruizer grips on my 2014 Cali custom and would be interested to know if there were any issues long term plugging into the factory wiring after changing the connectors?

Cheers
Andrew

Back