• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Eldorado Passenger Back Rest Info - READ IF INTERESTED!

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
This thread will now house the info for those interested in a backrest for their Eldo 1400. I am now making them in small batch runs; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gtm-california-eldo-1400-backrest

Words from Uss below that started this thread...
I was looking for passenger seat back rests on the net and came across this photo of the Eldorado launch at the 2014 EICMA in Milan. This is a fully kitted up Eldo with a pillion back rest. I checked in the MG accessory page and it doesn't show up there....can anyone please help identify who does this back rest? I am looking for one without having to change the original seat as it is for occasional passengers only....
Cheers

IMG 9250

Likely a custom or one off for the show... happens on occcasion. Pic below shows it better. So what would you be willing to pay for such an item? It's come up before here to offer a detachable back rest for the 1400 rear rack/grab rail, however the Eldo rail would need to be more permanent. Post below on how many are interested, and how much you'd spend, and perhaps I'll see what I can offer.

IMG 9251

I would definitely be interested in one if it can just go on to the Eldo passenger seat frame/grab rail. Cant say about how much though....$150.00 would be a good price.

I would definitely be interested in one if it can just go on to the Eldo passenger seat frame/grab rail. Cant say about how much though....$150.00 would be a good price.
OK, let me see what I can do. Would you mind drill holes in your stock bar to bolt one on? $150 would be really tough as the back rest pad alone is about half to two-thirds that cost alone here in the States. A factory backrest would be closer to $550 for a bolt on back-rest... keep in mind, much like everything else I offer, these are hand-made, built to order.

Any closer to the back rest? If you are seriously looking at it can you do a clamp type design as opposed to drilling a hole. A clamp may allow a quick release mechanism plus I would prefer not having to drill holes. Cheers

Hi Todd
Any closer to the back rest? If you are seriously looking at it can you do a clamp type design as opposed to drilling a hole. A clamp may allow a quick release mechanism plus I would prefer not having to drill holes. Cheers
No movement yet. Clamps add complexity and cost of course. I would really need to have a few money-committed people to step up. Takers?

Any 1400 with the OEM rear rack.
Hi...have you given some thought to making one for the Eldos? The other models have a choice of backrests...OEM or HB...it is only the Eldo which can't have one in it's original configuration....apart from the one in the launch photo above....

Hi...have you given some thought to making one for the Eldos? The other models have a choice of backrests...OEM or HB...it is only the Eldo which can't have one in it's original configuration....apart from the one in the launch photo above....
Yes, this is your original post. I just need access to one in SoCal for a week or so. No takers yet. Anyone?

I'm in for a durable, immovable (once bolted/clamped/welded) padded backrest that will be able to attach to the standard touring grabrail, the one with the small shelf on the back, or a whole new grabrail/backrest idea.
Todd, would it be easier to design/cheaper to manufacture one that takes the place of the existing grabrail? , I think the mounting holes for the grabrails are universally located on all the C1400 line?
What I'd pay ? Seeing what's out there right now, ~$ 200-300 USD for 'attach' design, up to $500 USD for incorporating backrest into new grabrail.
BTW Todd, the C1400 hbar risers work great and allow just enough reach for a more comfortable riding position on longer routes, well done !
Put me down for one, preferably a new design incorporated into the grabrail.

I'm in for a durable, immovable (once bolted/clamped/welded) padded backrest that will be able to attach to the standard touring grabrail, the one with the small shelf on the back, or a whole new grabrail/backrest idea.
Todd, would it be easier to design/cheaper to manufacture one that takes the place of the existing grabrail? , I think the mounting holes for the grabrails are universally located on all the C1400 line?
Thanks for the input. My thoughts were to make one for ease/expense, as stated already, would be to make a clever on/off backrest mount onto the stock rail/rack, and a mounting kit for the std 1400 rail/rack for the Eldo. However if there is more than one or two that would pre-buy them for me to invest in the R&D, that's a route I can go too. Custom built limited production items are costly to do. $500 would likely be the target for rail/rack/backrest. Thoughts from there?

Thanks for the input. My thoughts were to make one for ease/expense, as stated already, would be to make a clever on/off backrest mount onto the stock rail/rack, and a mounting kit for the std 1400 rail/rack for the Eldo. However if there is more than one or two that would pre-buy them for me to invest in the R&D, that's a route I can go too. Custom built limited production items are costly to do. $500 would likely be the target for rail/rack/backrest. Thoughts from there?
Would your design incorporate a small rack with the backrest or do you have just the back rest in mind?

Would your design incorporate a small rack with the backrest or do you have just the back rest in mind?
Well, that would be a question back to you and those interested. The Eldo has just the small grab rail. How many want a rack with back rest option, and how many want just the back rest only?

IMG 0707

I would prefer an 'all in one' design that bolts to the 3 existing mounts strictly for rigidity (have to try and ensure some security for those who dare to get on the back), a small shelf would just add to the cost.

I agree with an all in design that could incorporate a small rack. Given the right support a removable back rest can give both... a reliable back support and a small rack. The reason being that more often than not when there is a pillion there will be potential of an overnighter...which means a small tail bag...atleast. However since I am based in Australia it will mean conversion to A$ and shipping as well so I am in for a max of US$ 300.00....sorry if I am being tight fisted but for more than that I can have it made by one of the custom bike fabricators in Melbourne....

I hope this idea is still progressing. I think a back rest with a rack to replace the original grab rail would be best for my use. $500 or under would be acceptable.

Todd,

I'd be interested in a detachable back rest that works with the OEM grab / luggage rack combination, if priced somewhere in the region of $300 USD.

Back