• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

C14 Stainless Steel Valve Cover Bolts

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
I have a very limited production run of stainless steel valve cover bolts for your C1400. Find them on the online Store under Other Bits, or click the pic below. Thanks in advance.

Lou, they a clone of the stock bolt, except these are stainless steel. The stock bolts are lightly coated mild steel. They will look like they should be on a Made-in-China tool in short order.

how will they go not oxidizing the alloy head cover. I also sail boats and with boats you don't mix alloy such as stainless and aluminium together.
Peter, your call, either never-seize or loctite... I've been doing this for over 15 years now on Guzzis with zero issues.

I second Todd. I've always used loctite and it works a treat.
Only problem is you end up with so many bottles of different grades.
Also you can discount the seawater component.

Thanks for that guys, I use a product called Duralac which stops different metals reacting with each other, good to no though that you have had no issue. I have just bought my Calli 1400 and just love it. Found Guzzitech what a great resource for info, thanks, Peter

Anyone had any issues with the nuts attaching the headers to the block rusting? They again look like cheap mild steel nuts. I'm going to replace them with titanium acorn nuts. I'll make sure I give the old nuts a good spray of wd40 first.

How does everyone polish the aluminium heads? I've used autosol and that works OK but trying to polish between the fins are a real pain. I took it to shop to get professionally polished but even they said no go in between the fins. I also have water spots on the aluminium that are proving very difficult to remove. Thinking maybe a dremal with small polishing wheel.

how will they go not oxidizing the alloy head cover. I also sail boats and with boats you don't mix alloy such as stainless and aluminium together.
Check out the galvanic scale or series. The metals furthest apart have the greatest reaction. Zinc is just about the same distance from aluminum as active ASTM A-304 stainless steel.

Same experience as Todd, never had an issue with SS bolts. I've used nothing, loctite, and anti-seize with them.

Corrosion is increased with salt are regardless of the combinations of dissimilar metals.

I had previously polished the OEM steel bolts, but they soon reverted to tarnish. Replaced them with the SS ones and am really satisfied with the result. P 38 Heads

I had previously polished the OEM steel bolts, but they soon reverted to tarnish. Replaced them with the SS ones and am really satisfied with the result.

I bought them too. No polish, just replaced the OEM screws. They look the same, except that they will not look any worse as time goes by. Maybe I'll get motivated to polish them like you did. That should look good with the black head covers on my California. :)

Back