• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Need help - Urgent

carlo Francescangeli

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Dear Friend ,

I am an happy owner ( second owner ) of a Moto Guzzi stelvio ntx1200 8V - year 2013 , with 10.500 KM.
located ( professional reason ) in Mexicali ( Baja california , Mexico ) . No Moto guzzi center repair close to 200 KM .
I Loose a small cover tap on the right side of the moto , just above the gear box ( see the attached picture ) . I don t founf in the litterarure the use of this tap , and the spare parts number .
Can some people in this forums help me with :
1. know the use on this tap ?
2. the MG part number and a store where is it possible to find this little piece
3. or the best solution is doing my self a cover ( made by teflon ) in the turning shop

Your help would be appreciated
Best regards

Upload 2017 5 5 10 48 36

1. It is only a rubber cover to keep out dust. It allows you to inspect the flywheel for timing and to set the valve train to Top Dead Center by reading the marks on the flywheel. No harm will happen if it is uncovered for a few days provided that you don't get dirt or gravel, or water in there.

2. It is number 3, Moto Guzzi Part Number GU93180220. Here is a link to download the parts book from my Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_WesuqifC32YkhTMlhCa3RuTzA/view?usp=sharing

If you make a donation to this GuzziTech site, (Click the DONATE) button at the top of the forum page, you will have online access to all of the manuals for virtually all of the Moto Guzzi motorcycles, including yours. I highly recommend you doing that. It is a very small price to pay for the information.

Screen Shot 2017 05 05 at 85434 PM

3. In Mexicali, I would order it from GP Motorcycles in San Diego, California. I know the have clients in Baja California because I am from San Diego, and I know a lot of them because they are my friends. They should be able to ship to Mexicali with no issue.

https://www.gpmotorcycles.com/

Last edited:
Carlo ... what Scott said.

I have, however, found that a "field expedient" quick fix for many missing plugs are cork bottle tops.

In my case, as an aficionado of bourbon, I find those work best. :party::giggle:

Here's an example from my EV. I have since added small numbers to the caps and tell those who ask -- and many do! ;) -- that they are "harmonic dissonance resonators" or whatever inanity appeals to me at the moment. :rofl:

i-HNDTG9b-L.png

Best wishes from the top of Virginia,

Bill

1. It is only a rubber cover to keep out dust. It allows you to inspect the flywheel for timing and to set the valve train to Top Dead Center by reading the marks on the flywheel. No harm will happen if it is uncovered for a few days provided that you don't get dirt or gravel, or water in there.
I don't think there are TDC marks on the flywheel Scott. At least I couldn't find any
Alan

Thank you very much for your reactivity, help, technical infos , suggestions and comments.
I have ordered the spare parts and meanwhile using ( as suggested ) a wine cork .
Good week end
Regards
Carlo F.

I hope the cork was from a bottle of Chianti!! Must stay with Italian parts. ;)

Back