• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bar-End caps removal and Mirrors Installation?

frnco

Tuned and Synch'ed
I bought some 'universal' mirrors for my v7ii
but as I unscrew one end cap I noticed the end of the bar is full with a solid piece with the female screw

basically is not full hollow bar as i've seen in some video of other brands...

what exactly am I supposed to do now?

Thanks!

Search brought me here...wondering if these would work on a 2013 V7 Racer? Would like to remove the 'regular' OEM mirrors and install bar end ones if possible.

ebay.ca/itm/Modena-Aluminum-Handle-Bar-End-Mirrors-Moto-Guzzi-V7-Stone-Special-AUDACE-/401230350613?var=&hash=item5d6b314915:m:mzhB0wc8JAVv_AfycdNic3A&vxp=mtr

Would something like the work then?

motoelite.bigcartel.com/product/folding-bar-end-mirrors

Would just the mirrors be installed directly on current handles as is or is there anything else required as well?

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents. There are things like these Oxford bar end mirrors bdlamotorbikes.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Oxford-Motorcycle-Bar-End-Mirrors-Black.jpg

Now they look like they need a hallow bar, but actually you can remove the plug and you are left with a regular clamp that fits the 22mm handlebar. Next you loosen your controls and grips and move them inward some 5mm so you can fit the mirror between the bar end weight and the grip.

Yours are likely not this type but I bet someone will stumble upon such ones sooner or later. It took me half a year to realize I can remove the plug and just use them as clamp-ons. Maybe there are some other brands besides Oxford that do the same.

Alternatively you can look at products like this lgccompany.it/en/mirror/6244-mirror-right-left-.html

Reactions: ksa
Unless you want to drive that nut out you really need to get those ends that Todd sells (Rhino). Then you can chose from several options like CRG and LGC as posted previous. Not a "clean-way" on the cheap for this mod. You will like quality mirrors. They are a nice touch OMO.

Thanks for the replies guys, the only thing with the ones mostly available here and elsewhere is that at around $100+ each...they are quite pricey for a mirror. It doesn't help with the currently shitty Canadian exchange rates and I am looking at $300 or more after all said and done. So just trying to see if there are perhaps any other economical options out there.

motoelite.bigcartel.com/product/folding-bar-end-mirrors

These ones look like what @abbienormal posted, correct? So I can take the middle part out and it would just be a clamp? Then do I just clamp at the edge of the throttle and other side on the end metal part? Or how does that work?

You clamp to the bare metal handlebar. Currently your grips take up all the space right to the very end of the bar and meet up with the bar end weights. You need to move your grips and controls inward so that you get some space between the outer end of the grip and the bar end weight and there you will clamp the mirrors. You need 8mm socket or wrench to loosen the mirror/lever mount and you need some torx key to loosen the switchgear. The left grip is just rubber fitted over the pipe so you'll have to fight with it. Before buying the mirrors you can just try and see if you can free the necessary real-estate for them beforehand.

As for removing the center pieces, all I can tell you is that these exact Oxford ones are the right type:
51IG8O865KL._SY450_.jpg

I'm sure there are others, but don't quote me on that.

Thank you @jkristjan , do you happen to have a link for where you bought the Oxford ones from? I will check on ebay as well.

As for installation, I think I get the idea.

1. Remove the OEM mirror.
2. Loosen the throttle/handgrip part.
3. Push it inwards to make room between the end of it and the metal end/oval part.
4. Clamp it in between.

I guess when I have the bike in front of me it'll make more sense.

EDIT: This looks to be the same one as you posted?

ebay.ca/itm/Oxford-BarEnd-Motorcycle-Scooter-Handlebar-Mirror-Set-/381834363885?var=&hash=item58e71a03ed:m:mlt5Hi-Fm3FRrPEAYB65kCQ&vxp=mtr

Dunno about where to buy them in the US & A, I'm over here in the old world but even RevZilla has them (revzilla.com/motorcycle/oxford-bar-end-mirrors). I think the hardest part of the installation is to move the left hand grip because you'll actually have to peel the rubber off the bar. You can watch some heated grips installation videos where they discuss how to (re)move original grips without breaking them. Long thin screwdriver, WD40 and so on should do it. Also I don't know if there is glue involved or if it just holds on with tension, check, check, check.

Thanks for the link.
Sounds like the installation isn't as straight forward as I anticipated. Perhaps I will do a search online for installation videos.

I don't like WD40 for this as now it is hard to glue them back on. Long thin screwdriver beng very careful not to poke a hole in the grip then a shot of contact cleaner. They will slide off and no oily residue.

For my BMW customization, I selected a hard rubber grip and needed to adjust it once. It gripped the handlebar so tightly that I couldn't slide it off. I used a long thin screwdriver to lever up the grip enough to slide in a Starbuck's stir stick. Repeated that process about 8 times around the circumference of the handlebar, carefully tapping them in with a small hammer until all rubber bits had been lifted off the bar. It slid off with a bit of oil as lubrication still the wood soaked up the oil. Worked a treat.

Attempting to install the CRG mirrors as well on my 2016 V7ii. When I remove the bar end cap there is a threaded plug in the bar so the CRG adapter can't fit into the bar itself. Is there any way to get this out or is it a part of the bar?

Attempting to install the CRG mirrors as well on my 2016 V7ii. When I remove the bar end cap there is a threaded plug in the bar so the CRG adapter can't fit into the bar itself. Is there any way to get this out or is it a part of the bar?
Your answer is above.
If you bought from the online Store linked above; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-cnc-bar-end-mirror-sliders -- you would've gotten the right ones.
See if you can return them.

Your answer is above.
If you bought from the online Store linked above; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-cnc-bar-end-mirror-sliders -- you would've gotten the right ones.
See if you can return them.

Thanks, after more research I found the bars have the female plugs in them from the factory so do not in fact work with the CRG bar end adapters that I bought. Will take a look at the sliders though that look like a much better fit!

Back