• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

A Tire Thread

First five miles on Shinko 705's was a tad hair raising. Just tilt your eyeballs and the bike wants to fall in to a corner. After 20 miles I'm adjusting to it though. I like, but didn't expect such a drastic different feel than Sport Demons.

Attachments

• IMG_6336.JPG
    IMG_6336.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 32
First five miles on Shinko 705's was a tad hair raising. Just tilt your eyeballs and the bike wants to fall in to a corner. After 20 miles I'm adjusting to it though. I like, but didn't expect such a drastic different feel than Sport Demons.

Say it isn't so...

You did not just act surprised that after removing a sport tire made for the road, and changing it for a dual-sport tire with huge knobbie blocks on it, wondering why it handles drastically different?

705's on a V7 Racer? May I ask, "Why?"

Say it isn't so...

You did not just act surprised that after removing a sport tire made for the road, and changing it for a dual-sport tire with huge knobbie blocks on it, wondering why it handles drastically different?

705's on a V7 Racer? May I ask, "Why?"

I just didn't realize how different it would feel. Wanted to mention that to anyone considering a 80/20 dual sport tire. I've adjusted and feel more confident on these now compared to the Sport Demons, but there's an initial learning curve.

My reason is my location. I live in a 6 million acre state park in Northern NY. The majority of our roads are filthy with rocks and dirt, I need to ride hard packed dirt or gravel to many friend's houses and ALL secondary roads are fairly rough. I didn't feel comfortable with the Sport Demons and was constantly fearing a low speed spill. I have more confidence (but not overconfident) now with the Shinkos and it rides nicely on the main primary road that I use most often.

I just didn't realize how different it would feel. Wanted to mention that to anyone considering a 80/20 dual sport tire. I've adjusted and feel more confident on these now compared to the Sport Demons, but there's an initial learning curve.

My reason is my location. I live in a 6 million acre state park in Northern NY. The majority of our roads are filthy with rocks and dirt, I need to ride hard packed dirt or gravel to many friend's houses and ALL secondary roads are fairly rough. I didn't feel comfortable with the Sport Demons and was constantly fearing a low speed spill. I have more confidence (but not overconfident) now with the Shinkos and it rides nicely on the main primary road that I use most often.

Well, I learn something new everyday, but you are the first person I've ever met who has knobbies and takes a V7 Racer on those types of roads! Keep the rubber side down and the very shiny side up!

The Shinko 705's do feel surprisingly responsive to steering inputs, especially at first. When i first mounted a set of 705's to my V7, I expected the bike to feel sluggish in turns after going from a 100/90 to a 120/80 in front. Instead, I too found it eager to lean in. I don't know how much of it is me getting used to the tires, and how much is the tires wearing in, but I had completely forgotten about those first surprising miles on them until reading your post. Probably wise to warn others who won't expect it.

If it feels too eager to turn for your liking, it could help to let the air pressure out a psi or so.

First 5 miles were just a shock. Actually the very first turn out onto the road was a doozy, but kept it upright. I've done about 100 miles since and, like you, and very happy with their feel now. I really like them a lot and they get me to my friends houses on remote packed roads with confidence.

First 5 miles were just a shock. Actually the very first turn out onto the road was a doozy, but kept it upright. I've done about 100 miles since and, like you, and very happy with their feel now. I really like them a lot and they get me to my friends houses on remote packed roads with confidence.
Im loving the look of those tires, so on the road, after getting used to them, they handle fairly well? Obviously I'm not expecting stock handling, but overall they're a good daily road tire (for being a knobby)?

Im loving the look of those tires, so on the road, after getting used to them, they handle fairly well? Obviously I'm not expecting stock handling, but overall they're a good daily road tire (for being a knobby)?

Hey Chokoloso. They are a 80/20 road to dirt tread. So that said they handle quite well. I do have to travel on gravel and fire roads up here, but the majority of my rural daily route is 22 miles on beautifully paved single lane twisties and they are great. Word is the rear gets about 6-8k miles too if driven maturely. I love them.

Hey Chokoloso. They are a 80/20 road to dirt tread. So that said they handle quite well. I do have to travel on gravel and fire roads up here, but the majority of my rural daily route is 22 miles on beautifully paved single lane twisties and they are great. Word is the rear gets about 6-8k miles too if driven maturely. I love them.

Sweet they will probably be my replacements once I wear down the stockers. One last question, fitment on the stock fender was no issue?

Check out Metzelers new Sportec Klassik; http://www.metzeler.com/site/com/products/tyres-catalogue/Sportec-klassik.html

For those in Los Angeles or Orange, I can get these for you at online rate, and very fair M&B. Contact me direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com

sportec-klassik-_product_sheet_460x500.jpg
Those look very nice. How are they compared to the OEM tires as far as canyon riding, and less important, mileage?

Back