• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Talk me into a stelvio

Gusable

Tuned and Synch'ed
currently riding a oilhead GS. Wouldn't mind getting into a smoking good deal on a off season/ buyers market stelvio. Roller cam factory bike. What's the high mile stelvio? 50k? My gs has 79,000 and is just broke in. That being said I haven't seen any high miles moto guzzi's. I've read several rear main seal leak stories on different mg products under 40k miles. That kinda bothers me. I read that last one that it leaked at 3k and again at 30 something I'm out on that. But it's a damn shame. I'd rather be on something different but I can't justify those kind of headaches and still be making payments you know? I mean my 16 year old paid for GS has been trouble free. I don't want another boring Honda but I can't be Havin' low mile major issues!! :) cheers. Gus

You do realize that BMW, a marque I know well, have owned dozens, love deeply and was the Sales Manager for at Brattin Motors in San Diego for 5 years, has its own issues right? (I've owned every GS model made.)

R100's had diode boards, R1100's have the incredible exploding gearboxes, R1150's have weak sub-frames, surging and Telelever tire uneven wear, R1200's had auto destruct final drives, and as far as BMW's go, they are the absolute kings of rear main seal failures. Don't even get me started on the F's or the K's... So, if you are happy with BMW, stay happy.

There are many high-mileage Stelvios out there but like all Italian (and German) machines, they have their qwirks.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/whos-got-the-highest-mileage-on-their-stelvio.6276/

Last edited:
I understand that and appreciate your comments. Oh I know! I wouldn't own a 1200 gs because the FD is GOING to pop around 50k! Unacceptable. I can deal with quirks. The aux lights and a fork seal. I'm ok with that kinda stuff but rear main seals just out of warranty range aren't cool. If I'm financing a newer bike the Mrs is not going to be ok with I need xxx.xx dollars extra to fix such things. I sure do like these bikes and I think the engine layout is superior to the boxer. Plus it's Italian. It's got a soul. :)

Interesting link there with Milages. I know I know their ALL machines that can break. Damn inverted forks leak on all bikes. Dirt n crud gets onto the stanchion which is too close to the ground imho. If I get an inverted fork bike it's getting the shock sox neoprene gaiters

Interesting link there with Milages. I know I know their ALL machines that can break. Damn inverted forks leak on all bikes. Dirt n crud gets onto the stanchion which is too close to the ground imho. If I get an inverted fork bike it's getting the shock sox neoprene gaiters

Seal Mate - 5 minutes total time every 6 months - never replaced a fork seal since. Fixed many "weeping" seals too. Didn't need replacing after all.

http://sealmate.net

Tell me about the cast wheels. They are what I want. It would be a 100% street bike for me and I would rather have the aluminum rims. Is that a EUR spec thing?

So if I get a wire wheel bike I can put alloy wheels on and sell the spokes to offset the cost! :)

Yes, how many km with flat tappets, my ´2012 has done 28000 km. And is still running fine.

Last edited:
Back