• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 1100 Fuel Line Connector Replacement

triumphtwin

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hello All!
Need to replace the factory fuel tank fuel line connector. I got the OEM replacement connector but not sure how to install it. The old one has no clamp of any kind; looks like it has been shrunk fit into the black plastic semi-ridgid fuel line.

Was thinking I could cut line close to old connector and use heat gun on low to heat plastic line enough to push new connector in hoping it seal once line cools.

Any one know the proper way to replace the fuel line connector???

Also would like procedure for cleaning idle solenoid. My bike stalls while decelerating before stopping if I let RPMs drop below 2000 before pulling clutch. Only happens during hot weather.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Mark

Last edited:
I cant help with the fuel line, but there was a Service Bulletin about cleaning the throttle bodies to stop the stalling just as you describe. I posted it on here ages ago.

I cant help with the fuel line, but there was a Service Bulletin about cleaning the throttle bodies to stop the stalling just as you describe. I posted it on here ages ago.

Can you please post the link to Service Bulletin post?

Thought somewhere I saw mentioned about using seafoam to clean out idle solenoid or something similar to take care of stalling.

Thx
Mark

The connector at the pump? The original B11 line was rubber and used a oetiker style clamp. If you have a full plasticized line, I do not believe that was OEM. You can use high-pressure rubber fuel line and fuel injector (smooth) clamps as replacement.

The connector at the pump? The original B11 line was rubber and used a oetiker style clamp. If you have a full plasticized line, I do not believe that was OEM. You can use high-pressure rubber fuel line and fuel injector (smooth) clamps as replacement.

Fuel line connects to bottom of fuel tank. Line is a high pressure plastic line that goes from fuel tank to throttle bodies with oem quick connector. I ordered replacement connector from Guzzi using their OEM diagrams. So pretty sure it is factory fuel line.

Last edited:
Why aren't you listening to what I said already? The B11 came with a rubber line everywhere. It's why you can buy the fitting. Your line was likely replaced with another year or model, or perhaps the part # superseded to an all plastic line at some point.

Oh why do I bother sometimes.

Why aren't you listening to what I said already? The B11 came with a rubber line everywhere. It's why you can buy the fitting. Your line was likely replaced with another year or model, or perhaps the part # superseded to an all plastic line at some point.

Oh why do I bother sometimes.

Wow did not mean to frustrate you, just going by what appears to be factory part to me. Bought bike used with only 98 miles on it, so I figured it was likely the original fuel line.

I took a look at the OEM parts diagram and there is clamp listed as "White hose clip d.13x6". The fuel line is listed as "Fuel Pipe 6x13". So thought pipe might refer to the semi-ridgid fuel line I see on my bike.

Thanks,
Mark

Wow did not mean to frustrate you, just going by what appears to be factory part to me. Bought bike used with only 98 miles on it, so I figured it was likely the original fuel line.

I took a look at the OEM parts diagram and there is clamp listed as "White hose clip d.13x6". The fuel line is listed as "Fuel Pipe 6x13". So thought pipe might refer to the semi-ridgid fuel line I see on my bike.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark!

Please let me share a little insight and perspective here.

I know that it was not your intention, but people like Todd, John Zibell, and some other very experienced knowledgable and skilled wrenches here, because of our love of the marque and nothing else, take time from our busy lives to come here and read posts from people who write the same basic message of "Help! I don't know what to do here. Give me some information and advice because I'm lost".

We understand because we were once novices looking for help too, and we love the marque and want to help others who love the marque too! We are "La Famiglia Moto Guzzi".

However, nothing takes the wind out of our sails and makes us want to stop providing answers and assistance like the scenario where after we provide help, the original poster all of a sudden, has the "real" answer all along, or has already acted upon what they all of a sudden now seem to know, or they want to argue the point of the answer we just provided them with when just previously, they didn't know a thing and were asking for help. I know that in most circumstances they don't realize it but in essence, they inadvertently bite the hand that is trying to feed them. I know I have felt this sting many times before myself.

Lastly, there is no substitute for photos added to your posts. In this day of "every phone has a camera", digital photos have become incredible tools in helping us to see what you see. It eliminates ambiguity and on more than one occasion, I have seen it allow the responder, the ability to say definitively, that what the original poster thought they were looking at, was not what they thought at all.

I offer this as "points to ponder" for anybody reading this reply, and nothing more.

Now as to your earlier statement of

"Was thinking I could cut line close to old connector and use heat gun on low to heat plastic line enough to push new connector in hoping it seal once line cools. Any one know the proper way to replace the fuel line connector???"​

Please please please...never ever bring an ignition source of any kind, especially a heat gun, even remotely into the presence of fuel line and/or the fuel tank. The low setting on heat guns is usually over 500 degrees Fahrenheit, and that is hot enough to cause paper and debris in the air, to spontaneously ignite. You don't want anything to ignite anywhere near gasoline. Nothing is underestimated like the energy contained in gasoline.

Now, if you indeed have all hard plastic fuel injection line line, there is absolutely no way in the universe to work with this type of fuel injection hose without the proper DORMAN tools. Period.

The DORMAN tool #800-301($$) [actually a subset of the complete kit Dealer tool #800-300 ($$$) ], is available on Amazon.

Todd (GT-Rx®) does not sell this tool here on the site, and it is the only way that you can repair that type of fuel line.

Subset tool:
https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-800-301-Fuel-Line-Repair/dp/B000E35W1K

Complete Dealer Tool:
https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-800-300-Nylon-Repair-Piece/dp/B000XQ5IO4

If it's true that you indeed have this type of line, and you don't want to spend the money on the tools necessary to use this type of fuel injection hose, (and I wouldn't blame you, it's expensive) you may consider cutting it out and going with what Todd said,

"You can use high-pressure rubber fuel line and fuel injector (smooth) clamps as replacement."​

I truly hope this helps you out, and I send you my best wishes in pursuing your repair,

Scott

Last edited:
Hello Scott;
Thank you very much for your thorough and informative reply!!!

After looking at the links you've provided I do believe that it matches the type of hard plastic fuel line that is on my bike.

Tried posting pictures but keep getting error. I will try again. Possibly camera resolution too high & picture too large for upload.

I appreciate the warning about using an the heat gun near flammables. I am aware and had taken the precaution of flushing the fuel line before such attempt would have even been made. In light of the information you've provided proper procedure would definitely involve the proper tool and NOT a heat gun. LOL

As for biting the hand that feeds me... Not my intention to ruffle anyone's feathers, nor disregard what they the experts are telling me. Irregardless of whether or not my bike has the OEM or not I was trying to get a solution for the type of fuel line that is currently on my bike. I am currently a Biomedical Electronics Tech, but 25 years or so ago was an Auto Mechanic. Therefore I realize there are many different revisions to the same vehicle depending on year, country & in the case of Fords, even the month a vehicle was manufactured. That is why I was still questioning Todd's answer. I did not do it to intentionally provoke ill will, or annoy him. Was farthest thing from my mind.

I realize that Iam the one requesting help and Iam extremely thankful for any and all helpful replies I get to any issue I may post. This site is a wonderful resource & great place to meet people that have the same passion for the Guzzi as I do and Iam extremely thankful for that.

I understand that a picture is worth a thousand words and would have definitely immediately shed light on the subject at hand. My apologies but was unable to upload pics due to an error. I will give it a go again in next post.

Scott, Todd, Kevin & all who replied, thank you again for your help!

Mark

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay on pictures. Finally figured it out, camera resolution was too high and HDR was on as well. Now that I got it sorted out should have no problems posting pictures in the future.

Mfg date of my bike is 04/2006 and it was sold as a 2007, which I believe to be following mfgs time frame for model year introduction.

I noticed the fuel line has a mfg date of 08/31/2005; so it could be possible that it was a factory item. Or installed early on at dealer to correct an issue with my bike.

I purchased my bike from the original owner with only 98 miles on the clock. That is why I find it unlikely that the fuel line had been replaced so early on and the fact that until now; I had not needed to do any service to the fuel line as well.

During routine services, when I have to remove fuel tank for access to air filter, the fuel line quick connector has become increasingly more difficult to disconnect, so I am replacing it.

Thanks again for all replies.

Best regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

That is definately Dorman type fuel injection hose. Go figure... Well, if it were me, I would use a razor blade and carefully slice that stuff off and replace it with regular old high-pressure rubber fuel line and clamps. But that's me. I could not justify the cost of a Dorman tool for one silly fitting replacement.

Good Luck and Great Photos!

Best wishes!

Scott

Yup you nailed it! Over the years I have work on many fuel injected vehicles. I have replaced and custom bent many metal fuel & brake lines in my time, but funny how I have never had the need to ever replace a connector on this type of fuel line. Since you identified it as Dorman, I vaguely remember that name from years back.

Thanks again!
Mark

Back