• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio discontinued

That would be the fist 2017 that we heard of. MG halted all production of the Carc. At least that is what we thought and confirmed by dealers.

Did u actually run the vin and it comes back as a 2017. If it does it would be some good news.

So just Back from my dealer. They Have one new Stelvio NTX instock. It is identical to my 2016 in every way but with a 2017 VIN. So I asked the salesman if the Capinord Rally was its replacment from Piagio. He said the Capinord is actually being dropped from the lineup as well.
He hinted there was something new in the works, kinda the best of both bikes....?
That would be an interesting bike.. But still love my Stelvio.

I took @freddyc to pick up his '17 NTX yesterday at OC Moto. The slightly more powerful (over the '13-15) motor can be felt in the mid-range, and supposedly they did some internal oiling changes.
I still love the NTX.
Outside of some cosmetic changes (black frame being the biggest), the slight constant refinement can be felt over my '13. Still not the motor of my '09 A5 engine though(!).
Rumor has it we'll be seeing a V9-based ADV bike soon.

IMG 1490
IMG 1486 IMG 1487

Be curious to know where you got the information concerning changes to the engine on the 17?? Only change that was made around 15 or so is they started setting up the bikes more carefully from the factory. Nothing internal changed on the engine or mapping as by that time they knew they were being phased out.

17 models were no more than re-tagged 2016 models as they had stopped production before 2017 were manufactured. An that comes from creditable sources close to the factory (nobody on this side of the ocean)

I didn't want to believe it either, but ride one and see for yourself... Both from the dealer and the website:

"The new Stelvio bike has an air of complete renovation about it, fine examples being the cockpit with brand new graphs on the on-board control panel, a new increased scale fuel indicator.
This latest version can boast the careful attention paid to achieve a more silent and smooth running of the engine, whilst tweaking the electronic control, timing system and cooling system. The brand new integrated ignition and injection ECU now exploits the signals sent by the two lambda probes to guarantee adequate feeding throughout the entire combustion cycle, improving response to the throttle control, low-to-mid-range power delivery further to consumption and emissions.
The engine now boasts a maximum torque of over 113 Nm delivered at a mere 5,800 rpm and easily reaches a peak in output of over 105 HP."

I don't interpret that as a difference in the 16 or 17. They are talking about the difference between the old style and the new style after 2011. Sounds like there marketing department just woke up.

I will keep and eye out but I think you will find the "17" is no different but u never know.

I will keep and eye out but I think you will find the "17" is no different but u never know.
I rode it back to back with my '13. Differences are what I wrote above. I can't speak for the MY16 version. That might be the same as the 13-15.

I rode it back to back with my '13. Differences are what I wrote above. I can't speak for the MY16 version. That might be the same as the 13-15.

If the 2017's are actually just re-VIN'd 2016's then wouldn't it apply to the 2016 models as well? I hope so . . . :happy:

P.S. Just joined forum today, have left over 2016 Stelvio coming from across the country hopefully end of this week. Totaled my 2016 (Ducati) Multistrada 1200S and became smitten with the Stelvio as a more relaxed and comfortable replacement.

I own a 2016 and follow these bikes closely. To my knowledge there is no difference 2012. More attention to the details in Assembly and a more current ECU mapping would make the newer Stelvios feel and ride like a different bike.

Back