• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio write off in Oz

Mike.C

High Miler
The Oz Stelvio story gets murkier by the day.

1st we had a member here (che) import one from the UK into Perth, which he said he was going to ride to Sydney but promptly dissappeared and has never been seen nor heard of again, on this board at least.

Then John Sample Group, the Oz importer brought three in for ADR compliance testing, a black, a red and a white one (I think). Even gave one (or maybe more) To one of the local Magazines for a review, which of course was predictably shallow seeing as JSG are MAJOR advertisers in the magazine in question.

Lotsa rumors flying around about when it might be available, and they even put it on their web site as an available model at the same time as they removed the Norge form the line up earlier in the year. But any enquiry about a possible purchase was given the same tired story "na mate, never heard anyfink".

Then bugger me, the black one turns up as quote "a repairable writeoff" at an auction house in Sydney WTF????????

Seems we are destined to be forever the mushroom of the Stelvio world :angry:

LINK HERE

Ouch, that just hurts. Write off yes, repairable I'm not so sure about.

PhotoResizeHandler.ashx

I will stop whining about being unable to get handguards here in the States. At least I can get a Stelvio. Sorry, mates.

Ah, any one look at that link, they list it as a 2003 model, built in August 2003 ??? Hmm, you think that cam recall was done ?:laugh:

this was the white one if you look good at the pictures. Looks like it has been burning a little? Here it shows the difference between the real fueltank and the cover. Parts are so expensive, that this one is only worth to repair if it is almost free. Or a nice thing to get an 24 liter aluminium tank made for, and build a special out of it. If frame /forks/wheels are ok. but then the end value won't reach an original one, so costs can't be to high.

where can you see what is offered for it?

Gary wrote:
Looking at that bike I guess it failed the ADR compliance testing,

Our new vehicle testing in the UK is not so extreme.

:woohoo:

I saw this on an Oz guzzi list... man, it breaks my heart to have one like that in my area one when we can't even take one for a test ride :S

pauldaytona wrote:
where can you see what is offered for it?
Paul, I'm guessing you have to be a "full member" to see this info. Anyone?
I'm *VERY* interested in the entire motor/trans/driveline.

2003 Moto Guzzi Stelvio Motor Cycle
Auction Reference Lot 105 in Auction - Featuring Bikes
Auction Time 9:30AM on Wednesday, 22 April 2009
Auction Location Smithfield, New South Wales

Viewing is from 8.30am the day of auction. Please take note that Catalogues & Images are to be used as a guide only. Buyers Admin fee $0-500,$71.50 Flat Fee- $501-1000,$104.50 Flat Fee $1001+ 7.7% ADDED TO SALE PRICE.

For auction enquies email eric.kravos@manheimfowles.com.au - Please quote the vehicle stock Number. 386 WOODPARK RD SMITHFIELD. *COVERED FOOTWEAR MUST BE WORN*

It is a live auction, i.e you have to physically be there or arrange to bid by phone - It will almost certainly have no reserve...

Moz wrote:
It is a live auction, i.e you have to physically be there or arrange to bid by phone - It will almost certainly have no reserve...
Anyone on that side of the World registered? Love to have a stab at it.

Might be able to organise something, but it's a long shot. Better be quick, it's 0650 here - How much do you want to spend.

Mike.C wrote:
Might be able to organise something, but it's a long shot. Better be quick, it's 0650 here - How much do you want to spend.
PM sent. ;)

If I told you the rest of your day would be shitty and I don't want to be responsible for that, so I think I might just stay quiet, and cry in my lunch.... that we missed out at a price that was so low it was beyond belief. :(

Don't ask why we missed out - I'm not telling that story in public....

Mike.C wrote:
Don't ask why we missed out - I'm not telling that story in public....
:unsure: :S :( :pinch:
I'll be watching my mail.

I have a hunch the story ought to be told in public?!

Damage looks a bit weird, as if it went down on the right side, but the engine didn't get touched?

RJVB wrote:
I have a hunch the story ought to be told in public?

Not by me it won't - let's just say it involves a President and a post office.... nuff said!

Back