• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What seat ?

Fiat500

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I find my 1200 Sport seat a bit soft and the shape moves me towards the tank as I ride.
Thinking about a Norge/Breva seat as it looks flatter where the rider sits and wondering has anyone tried both to compare ?

Last edited:
The comfort of the seat is very subjective. Both the Norge and Breva seats will fit straight on. However, why don't you get you seat repacked and recovered by a professional, to suit exactly what you want?

Recently, I picked up a MGuzzi gel seat for my '15 Norge. They want about $350 new. I stumbled on this one on eBay for $139, and it's like new. Mainly wanted to see if I could get a little more flat footed with my 31" inseam. I think it may be a little narrower in the front, and possibly lower (the listing says:
"LOWER GEL SEAT

With a revised profile, gel padding, and a 29 inch (760mm) height, this lowered seat allows an easier reach to the ground. It employs the same high-grip OEM saddle material and matches the backrest pad on the OEM topbox.

code 977713"
But, it doesn't feel a whole lot different).

After a week of riding in North Carolina, I can say it is comfortable for long days. Definitely, no less than stock. I think the gel part is only under the rider - not the pillion. I'd say watch for listings if you don't want to go the custom route. Good luck!
IMG 7058

A few years back I posted a review of my Corbin saddle.
I find my 1200 Sport seat a bit soft and the shape moves me towards the tank as I ride.
Thinking about a Norge/Breva seat as it looks flatter where the rider sits and wondering has anyone tried both to compare ?

I did a review of the Corbin seat that I bought for my 1200 Sport, back in 2014. My wife and I are still very happy with this seat.

Finally got to try a Breva 1200 seat and found it is flatter towards the back so I can sit with my butt against the step up and I don't move towards the tank as I ride also there is less pressure on my tail bone.
Found one off a Breva 1100 for sale so might go with that.

Finally got to try a Breva 1200 seat and found it is flatter towards the back so I can sit with my butt against the step up and I don't move towards the tank as I ride also there is less pressure on my tail bone.
Found one off a Breva 1100 for sale so might go with that.

The 1100 Breva seat may be better than what you have, but the foam is still too soft. After a couple hundred miles your arse will be on the seat pan and in pain. Why not just have a seat maker change the shape of your seat and use a high density foam that doesn't break down?

Took my seat to a good auto upholstery shop, he seemed to think because of the pre-formed shape of the outer cover it would be hard to make the changes I needed. He also thought he had nothing harder than the factory foam already in my seat.

It's all up to your bike, butt, seat, personal preference setup. I had a Sargent on my 1986 500 Interceptor. Loved it. Later put one on my 1987 700 interceptor after I decided the Corbin I got cheap was only good for resale. Sold the Sargent and went back to stock. I have a Rick Meyer on my 1998 Honda PC800 and am happy with it. My 2007 Norge seat was good but in an attempt to improve and how much I liked my RM on the PC I bought a Bill Meyer seat for the Norge. Horrible, and I sold it at a huge loss with almost no mileage on it. Decided the stock 2007 seat was fine and put 26,000 miles on it. My 2010 BMW R1200RT (lowered version) stock seat wins hands down as the worst original seat I ever had and I put a Corbin on which was much better. My 2012 Norge seat is second only to the BMW in lacking comfort and I now have a Corbin on it. Yet others rave about how nice the new Norge seat is. Personal preference is an expensive proposition.

I had my 1200 Breva seat modified with lower density foam rings to house gel inserts while retaining the outer shape from the original carcass/material with some rounding off around the edges to stop chafing of the inner thighs, and it worked a treat with day after day comfort, it must be good as the wife no longer complained either!!!!! Incidentally the trimmer said that most bike seat foam is too hard because the actual foam depth is so shallow.......

When I got my Breva 10 years ago I removed the seat padding after 3 months. I started a long and perilous journey of trying and discarding various foam layers as I could not get a comfortable bottom (to polite). However, my arse never found a solution completely. I did find that a hard foam for the 3/4 of of the thickness of support and the last 1/4 a softer foam worked well. I also added a bicycle inner tube that I could inflate at about 1/4 the way up. I could control the hardness slightly with pneumatics. For my new seat I might just try a Corbin/Corbyn (not sure after our Labour opposition leader).

After 8,200 miles on my '15 Norge, both Rita and I were convinced the seat had to go. I went with a heated Corbin. We are both able to ride about two hours between stops, and are much more comfortable.

I ended up having my stock seat rebuilt and covered locally. Corbin was too expensive. I'm pleased with the result as it is good workmanship and comfortable. Done by SeatWorks of Bradford for £125.

However, why don't you get you seat repacked and recovered by a professional, to suit exactly what you want?
I agree entirely. I gave up trying to buy a "just right" seat for my present bike. I went to a local motor trimmer and he modified my seat after detailed personal consultation. Went back about 4 weeks later for a little tweak. He used the original seat pan and cover. The consultation, filling and his expertise, after 2nd visit cost me a total of $AU180.00. <½ the cost of Corbin, Sargent or any of the others and it fits my (somewhat more than) ample arse perfectly. Local blokes for me from now on.

It isn't cheap, but the Corbin seat is worth every penny. I had the same issue where the stock seat pushed me toward the tank and I was constantly pushing myself back. When I ordered the Corbin, they asked for my weight, height, and inseam...I could not be happier with the result.

Back