• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

MG Cummfort Gel seat advice wanted.

timax

Tuned and Synch'ed
Comfort seat !! Must be more tired than i think! :think:
Just got off the bike after 3 hours of bends and my wife and i both have numb bums.
We want to do more touring on the V7 and so making it comfortable is needed.
I know there is the Corbin seat and know i can get mine re shaped but what id like to know is what the Guzzi factory comfort seat is like. I have heard there is low and standard height versions. Is this true?
Is it worth getting? Im 6'2" and dont want lower thats for sure.
I do like the idea of a second touring seat as it gives me the opportunity to have my standard one reshaped and leather covered for an around town cafe racer look.

Last edited:
I got the standard-height gel "comfort" seat, originally for my '13 V7 Stone, and then transferred it to my current '16 V7II Stone. Positives: 1) it doesn't have the artificial "strap" that the original Stone seats have, which was uncomfortable for me to sit on; 2) it's arguably more comfortable on longer rides. Negatives: 1) it gets hot as hell in the sun; 2) the stitching where the top panel meets the side panels has worn away too soon, in my opinion. So far, the seams haven't opened up, but that may be because they aren't real seams and the stitching may be just decorative, I haven't looked too closely. Overall, the gel seat isn't much of an improvement. YMMV.

The factory Comfort Seat is just a gel insert on top of the stock foam. I own one also, and not much benefit IMO. Best to have your seat redone with closed cell foam by one of the many custom build companies out there now. Our friend here @King of Fleece built one for me that is very good. I use it on my V7 II Stone rental and it gets high praise even two-up.

The factory Comfort Seat is just a gel insert on top of the stock foam. I own one also, and not much benefit IMO. Best to have your seat redone with closed cell foam by one of the many custom build companies out there now. Our friend here @King of Fleece built one for me that is very good. I use it on my V7 II Stone rental and it gets high praise even two-up.

I got to try out KOF's V7 seat when he had his bike up to Hamlin cycles for service. Really nice seat.

Currently I have the stock seat as well as the V7 racer seat. I use the racer seat around town and on spirited rides as it is way more comfortable than the stock seat. I actually use the stock seat for longer rides (like up to VT) as the flatter seat is easier to carry additional luggage.

However I've found that the seat off of the new V7 anniversary is way better than either of the two I have now.

If anyone finds their seat is too hot (especially the gel ones) I highly recommend KOF's seat cover. I've had one on both of my Triumph Sprints before defecting to Guzzi. Cover is also great at keeping seat dry in rain storms.

Regards,

Gerry

I have the standard height comfort gel on my California 1400 touring, I'm 6' 2" and 285, I find it very comfortable. Just did 12 hours (Louisville to Chicago and back) in the saddle on Saturday and was very comfortable the whole trip. The only warning if you leave the bike sitting in the sun, that gel absorbs heat like crazy, does not dissipate it easy, and takes for ever to cool off again.

So I have taken to leaving a on old towel in my saddle bag and draping it over the seat while it sits in the sun. Riding once that gel has heated up WILL bake you nether regions!

I have one and it's an improvement over the stock, and I like that the strap is gone. The name 'Comfort Gel' across the back makes it look like I bought from a shoe insole manufacturer -- dorky. It is hot in the sun, so much that I added a fleece cover from Aerostich. My current plan is pop on the gel/fleece combo when on longer trips and use the stock seat for in-town rides. My condo garage is filthy and I don't want the fleece getting filthy too so it goes in a cabinet when not needed.

Let me start w/disclaimer , I'm in my mid 60s w/advanced osteo-arhtritis @ a bit of sciatica in my left hip ! (God I sound old) Stock seat on my 16 v7Ii is "challenging" after 100mi nonstop , a rest helps ,then back . next day ,not good . I hit a major door prize @ an MG rally (another reason to rally) & promptly purchased a factory gel seat! Thank you Mass. rally folks . much better , did 200mi yesterday & no issues this am. is it perfect nope ,what is? Further testing to ensue ,definitely a large improvement ,and for $240 a bargain. Over 50yrs. @ 300k mi. I've spent a lot more &gotten a lot less on seats. I might pick up a sheepy skin for longer rides (l can use it on both bikes) too .

Guys, please upload images to our server here so we aren't staring at the below image a short time after they are posted...

IMG 1874

Back