• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

engine light, on and off

LaGrasta

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I now have 18k on my 2010 V7cc. It's had a weird relationship with the engine light through the years. I've always accounted it to the crankcase breathing, or lack there of. I recently opened the check valve to ensure it was clean and working correct. During my 20 mile freeway ride to work this morning, the engine light comes on momentarily if I keep the RPM high, for any extended time. The bike runs fantastic otherwise.

Anyone have this happen; do you know why?

Since you'll be by next week, we can check the error codes on the ECU. You told me you have the PC-V, but are you using the 02-optimizer? If so, that could likely be the issue.

Todd, wasn't there a service bulletin on smallblocks around that time with regards to a check engine light and maybe a problem with harness routing or electrical interference.

I'll have to check my archives but I have a faint recollection of one.

EDIT - ok, I'm at my desk. Looks like it predated LaGrasta's bike so you would THINK it wouldn't apply (but you never know with Guzzi, or maybe some cables have moved):

TECHNICAL NOTE No. 012-2008 21-11-2008
MODEL: V7 Classic
SUBJECT: Illumination of the amber EFI warning light on the instrument
panel.
Dear Dealer,
we have found some signs indicating that at pre-delivery stage
there have been cases of irregular illumination of the (amber) warning light here specified
and marked with the number 5 in the image below.

This irregular illumination of the warning light is caused by an electrical interference
between the timing sensor cable and the vehicle coil cable, but this does not compromise
adequate vehicle functioning in any manner.
By connecting Axone (or Navigator) to the relevant diagnostics socket, the “power latch”,
“microprocessor” or “battery voltage” errors, which are caused by this interference, can be
displayed.
In order to solve this problem, check that the timing sensor cable is properly positioned and
if required, adjust it. The cable should be laid as shown in the picture below.
TIMING SENSOR SYSTEM POSITION
CLAMP THE TIMING SENSOR SYSTEM WITH THE GENERATOR SYSTEM, THE
REGULATOR SYSTEM, THE HORN SYSTEM AND ITS LEFT CABLE TO THE CHASSIS
CROSS-MEMBER (PICTURE 1).

CLAMP THE TIMING SENSOR CONNECTOR TO THE CHASSIS LEFT SIDE BY
PLACING IT AS FAR AS POSSIBLE FROM THE COIL AND THE SPARK PLUG
CABLES (PICTURE 2).

You are reminded that no electrical component of the vehicle (ECU, timing sensor, coil or
battery) needs to be replaced to solve this problem; if the problem continues even after
repositioning the cable, please, contact Moto Guzzi Help Desk.
Best regards
Moto Guzzi S.p.A.
Technical service
PICTURE 1
PICTURE 2

Long shot I know, but doesn't hurt to keep it in mind.

Last edited:
Back