• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

850 Lemans Race Kit Exhaust

Tonerjockey

High Miler
GT Contributor
Anyone have a picture of the race kit exhaust system (mufflers specifically) that was available for the 850 Lemans?

I am considering picking up some pieces that should be the right ones, but just need to make sure they are correct.

The bike is run in PRODUCTION class so the exhaust must look OEM.

Thanks,

Alex

Good idea Jr.

Here's another example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-...ash=item58f9644341:g:xUwAAOSwB-1YnR5Q&vxp=mtr

I am thinking the reverse cone muffs are LaFranconi's. The stock muffs have something of a flat end (with center tube etc). I dunno why, but I am thinking the factory race muffs are flatter ended, like on eBay.
I am going to check out the eBay muffs (OEM and repo) a little closer today. I would prefer not to buy the wrong ones.

Thanks for the help,

Alex

MGCYCLE has these:
I notice you avatar says you're in San Jose, and based on your posts, I think it's fair to assume you've done significant research.

Have you dropped in or called anybody at Rabers Parts Mart, 1984 Stone Ave. S.J. 95125. There may be one or more persons there that have experience with Vintage Guzzi's. I mention this because in the mid 80's I had a lot of work done on my '78 Lemans by Bob Rabers and co. at Rabers European Cycle Works,1615 Almaden Rd S.J.

Good luck with your project.

Please post some pics when you have you Lemans set up the way you want it.

Those Ebay ones I have never seen before. The reverse cone type in the pictures I send are a lot shorter than Lafranconi's plus they don't have the seam on top and bottom. They did come up by googling the Guzzi parts number and the original ad was from italy, a lot closer to the source than the US. My best guess is they are the ones you are looking for. Perhaps call Agostini, they are very helpful and must have all the info and contacts you might need. I punched in the race kit part number in their site and it came up as 'no longer in stock'. Surprise! :) But obviously they know something about it.
Address: Via Statale, 60, 23826 Mandello del Lario LC, Italy
Hours:
Open today · Phone: +39 0341 735448

Other option; call Dynotec Guzzi in Germany, ask for Jens Hoffman, his shop is all about racing Guzzi's, he might have a photo archive

Ok I think I have it.

As I understand it, this is the Guzzi Race Kit exhaust for the 850 Lemans:
kurtsunderbike_zpshw7f7ij7.jpg

Short headers, long muffs, no seams, cone end. Also, I understand, they are empty and "Louder'n hell, totally unacceptable for mixed company."

I got this pic and info from a source I believe is reliable.

And now, to find a set...

Alex

I have this Zard system made for the 850 on my Lemans 5. Bought from Todd on this site and are large diameter like the race set pictured, with removable baffle. They are a work of art and sound great. I have not run without the baffle yet IMG 0081

Ok I think I have it.

As I understand it, this is the Guzzi Race Kit exhaust for the 850 Lemans:
kurtsunderbike_zpshw7f7ij7.jpg

Short headers, long muffs, no seams, cone end. Also, I understand, they are empty and "Louder'n hell, totally unacceptable for mixed company."

I got this pic and info from a source I believe is reliable.

And now, to find a set...

Alex

Those are the race kits pipes. They came with the headers/crossover as one piece, then the megaphones with a crossover under the tranny. They were very thin, light, and LOUD!! They had a tendency to crack at the header/crossover and at the joint under the footpeg. If you ran them with the carbs and the sport cam, the LeMans would really get up and go!!

Last edited:
Thnx for the confirmation note Gyrorex. I am considering setting up an 850 Lemans for Land Speed Racing. No DB limit, but everything MUST be OEM and originally obtainable and originally installed by factory. The race kit exh (and lot$ of other stuff and work) would be in the right direction.

Jr1967, those look close but I don't think they are OEM. Look like home made and pretty fancy.

Here's a close up of the OEM unit: a little different.

850%20ehx_zpsdqm5xla9.jpg

Thnx for the note JR. Reading German eBay can be a fun challenge. Mein Deutsch ist schlecht.

Alex

Back