• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2007 Breva Dashboard Replacement?

Spokane2303

Just got it firing!
Will a dashboard from a 2005/2006 Breva work in a 2007 Breva?

I checked with a dealer and they said NO!

The sticker on the back of my dash actually says "Norge" on it and also has a green dot sticker attached.

I also notice that my dash LCD says "Moto Guzzi" on startup and I believe the earlier years say "Breva" on startup?

Any idea what that's about or the green sticker thing?

Any idea what changed between 2006 & 2007?

My dash is functional at this time. I'm just researching for replacement when it eventually fails.

I'm positive the dashboard will work, especially since your 2007 was probably manufactured in 2006. Prove me wrong, but I believe the Breva 1100 was only manufactured for two years. Any later ones are leftovers.

Of course if your Breva is a 1200, then the dealer is right. Compare your handebar controls with a 2005/2006 1100 Breva, and a 1200 Norge. If yours is like the Norge, then the 2005/2006 dashboard won't work.

IMG 0447 IMG 0446 Interesting? My manufacture date, on the frame, is stamped 03-2007. What is the difference between Breva and Norge controls? I don't see any Norges around here so it is hard to compare. My Breva has the "Mode"'switch on the left handlebar. Left, right and push in to scroll through the screens. The light controls are above and on the other side of the switch. The turn control is under the mode switch and the handlegrip heater control is on the other side, same as light control.

You have the "Norge" controls which are different to the 2005-2006 Breva 1100s. I didn't think that any Breva 1100s came with these controls, but then what do I know?

Or do you have a Breva 1200?

I just double checked. It is a V1100 on all documents, title and registration.

That might explain why it has a different dashboard code in the parts manual.

So the relevant question is: didnthe 2007 Norge dashboards suffer from the same moisture issues as the earlier Breva's or had Moto Guzzi corrected them by that time?

I was looking to source a backup dash as it takes so long to replace one that I could miss an entire riding season if it goes bad.

So the relevant question is: didnthe 2007 Norge dashboards suffer from the same moisture issues as the earlier Breva's or had Moto Guzzi corrected them by that time?

It doesn't matter whether the later Norge dashboards are any better or worse than the earlier Breva 1100 ones. Fact is, this is the one you have to purchase if you wanted to have a backup.

You have the "Norge" controls which are different to the 2005-2006 Breva 1100s. I didn't think that any Breva 1100s came with these controls, but then what do I know?

Or do you have a Breva 1200?

Some US 1100 Brevas (the 2007s) have the Norge type of control on the left side. That is one of the reasons why the 1100s have two different maintenance codes based on the controller type. In my opinion I wouldn't risk the capital outlay for a dash that may not work.

Thanks!

Looks like I'm going to get a backup Norge dash that I hope I never need.

Hi Spokane2303,

I can confirm that you have Norge controls and you need a Norge dashboard. The reason why I know is I have been down that road. I have a 2006 Breva v1100 and like you, I wanted to get dashboards so that I'm prepared when the inevitable happens.

BACKGROUND
In my foray, I discovered that Guzzi "updates" the catalogue stock with a new stock number that replaces the old part number. Assuming that it's correct. But when you trail it backwards, it's actually supposed to be the part that replaces the 'old' one, but sometimes they don't 'talk' to each other or are for different batches.

To cut a long story short, I ended up with a set of switches and Norge (km/h) dash lying around and I'm still searching for the elusive Breva dash.

They are not interchangeable. :-(

Back