• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM V7 III Exhaust options & Dyno runs

Sounds like a good plan. Would love to hear the sound of your new muffler.

Sound coming soon, with dyno #'s too hopefully...

View attachment 12408

Prototyping our full Classic system also;

View attachment 12409
Like that, but also like the fact the double wall pipes on the V7iii will stay nice looking. I guess I am getting tired of the stainless pipes on my BMW turning to shite brown. Both chrome and titanium turn nice colors, stainless not.

Any idea how much weight savings for the full system? Are you keeping the cross-over? Also, just looking at my bike it sure looks like the pipe would touch down before the peg feelers. If so I could see a higher pipe or lower pegs (I would like an extra bit of leg room).

Any idea how much weight savings for the full system? Are you keeping the cross-over? Also, just looking at my bike it sure looks like the pipe would touch down before the peg feelers. If so I could see a higher pipe or lower pegs (I would like an extra bit of leg room).
All details here; https://gtmotocycles.com/collection...-motocycles-v7-iii-2-2-full-ss-exhaust-system - yes I keep the crossover (very important for power). The pipes do not touch down. Pegs/kickstand are first. I design from my extensive racing background.

We ran our 7-mile V7 III Stone yesterday on the dyno with stock mufflers, then my GT-Rx® GP-Megs - both on stock fueling. The graph (while really worthless to show real-world gains, as it's full throttle/peak power - where no one lives for long), shows a favorable gain the mid-range, and I'm positive when the fueling is corrected (coming soon), will show more gains everywhere, including peak power. Seat of pants riding the two back to back gives impressive gains from off idle up as is. Great to see ~9 hp gain at the rear tire over the last gen V7 I & II from the factory with the new head.
Also below is a sound video (worthless too, but everyone always asks). The mufflers got plenty of smiles and thumbs up from everyone in the complex where GT Moto/Fab & Svc is.
If interested in a set, ping me direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com - or I'll of course post a link when I have them ready to ship. I suspect like everything else I offer, I'll sell one or two pair while everyone jumps on board with the bigger name brands and zero documentation on what they offer, and best to you on longevity. ;)

Stock (green lines) vs. GT-Rx® GP-Megs (red) -- both on stock fueling.
GT V7III Dyno

Todd,

Great work and thanks for posting results! Still waiting for details on a new V7 III Special here in Houston, TX. My "seat of pants" gauge estimated about ten hp gain between my 2012 V7R 2TB heron head and the 2017 Stone. Dropping weight on any bike is always a goal for performance too--per your new cans. I am staying tuned....bad pun. I think the new engine is quite an advance.

Our GT-Rx® GP Megs will fit all V7 III& V9 models... including the V7 Racer high mounts in pic on bottom (full Racer system shown including hanger/peg) brackets. Taking pre-orders soon. Also very cool when the designer of the V7, Miguel, likes what you're doing too.

IMG 1083

Our full system for when the headers start cracking at the H-pipe crossover like the 1400 does... Same poor design flaws. Will fit stock mufflers, or aftermarket including my GP Megs as shown. My design also has proven gains in power over the stock headers. Will be available brushed stainless, black coated or polished.

IMG 1056

I will have two sets of the black V7III GP-Megs ready early next week to ship. Grab a set here; https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/exhaust/products/gt-motocycles-ss-v7-gp-megs
The V9 versions should be ready end of next week as well.
We will produce and build the first full system for the V7III or V9 when there is a demand. Ping me direct email if interested; Todd at GuzziTech.com

I will try to keep a set of black GP-Meg mufflers for either V7III or V9 in stock.

Any Roamer owners interested in a polished set?

IMG 1358

What more can I say other that these Megs are AWESOME?!
They are about 2/3 lighter than the stocks and about 10" shorter. They look really good, they sound even better than they look and it feels as if I got 20% more power. The throttle response is smoother and the bike just feels like this is the way the Guzzi gods wanted it to sound and feel like all along! All of this even before updating the ECU (hopefully next week)...
The bad? They are a bit too loud to my taste and there's an occasional popping backfire (that I actually enjoy) but not as obnoxious as a Harley, so I can certainly live with the trade off for all that power and joy! It is simply a completely different bike now and I just can't imagine not having these on.
The video below was taken with my phone and we all know that the sound never comes out right, but it is easy to hear the difference between the stock and the Megs:

GT V7IIIGPMegsBshd1 V7III GPMegs Brshd2

Thanks so much for the post! Spend a little time with them for the sound. Compared to stock, of course they are louder... But they aren't as loud as you think they are when you first put them on. Try putting the bike 50-100 feet away and have someone work the throttle for you. They are very reasonable sound wise. They are mufflers after all, not straight pipes.
You will like them even more once I get the fueling sorted for you. Pop on closed throttle on the V9 & V7 III will be tougher to completely resolve as these models now use the Air Induction into the exhaust ports (I am working on the solution as I write), as well as still having the intake leak for the evap cannister. Once you get those sorted, the decel pop will be 90% resolved as on my V9/7 rental bike.

Appreciate the words and video here. Salut!

Thanks Todd - that makes sense. I forgot to mention that based on my fuelly app I also gained about one MPG since installing the Megs.

Better fuel mileage after performance mufflers installed is impressive!
Seriously, think about it.
I don't know anyone who puts on better sounding exhaust on a Guzzi then doesn't twist the throttle to hear it sing.
Probably you have picked up more than 1 mpg the others are getting lost in the twist. LOL

Playing around with ideas for the new V7 III. Full 2:2 & 2>1 systems and long muffler/stock replacements soon too.
Thoughts/comments?

GP-Style Meg Muffler:
img_0937-jpg.12408

This one looks really nice, but I'd like to see it reach nearer to the rear axle.

Prototyping our full Classic system also;
img_0938-jpg.12409

Stubby option (contact us for details):
Perhaps a little long for me.
Please do whatever you do in polished ss.

Last edited:
Quite honestly since the break-in period the bike has been living between 4,000 to 6,500 RPM constantly, so it is quite consistent. The engine feels as if some restrictions were lifted and as you say - it really "Sings"!!!:party:

This one looks really nice, but I'd like to see it reach nearer to the rear axle.
You've seen GP exhausts below? Keeping them short of the axle offers a lot of perks when it comes to pulling the wheel.
IMG 1510

Perhaps a little long for me.
Please do whatever you do in polished ss.
Not directed at you, but I feel as though I'm beating my head against the wall here. How do I make everyone aware of all of my offerings on the Store tab above?
If you look around, you'll see I offer everything in brushed, polished or black high-temp CeraKoted.

Back