• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Lithium Batteries

Don't buy a shorai battery!
I had one of these on my old Super Duke and it lasted 3 months.
I went back to the dealer and he said that he had been having a lot come back
So he stopped selling them.

Don't buy a shorai battery!
Same here.
So my original batteries took a crap on me where are you guys finding the best deals on lithium batteries?
So I'm just amazed daily by the fact that not many here seem to know or care (by constantly linking people away from this site) that I actually sell products here that are very well proven, and I personally use and endorse; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/antigravity-battery-bs12/ - one of the best out there right now. I can also get a Made in China BikeMaster version for $175 that I am testing, as I am a dealer for them via Tucker Rocky.
That said, it looks like I will be entering into Lithium Battery production business early next year with former manager of AG Batts. Our plan is to one up them.

Nice I Know you sell a lot of quality products but i have made a few purchases in the past do have difficulty navigating the web store looking to find products for a specific purpose Some of the categories are over stuffed

I don't understand the hype on lithium batteries unless you run a track bike and are a serious contender in your class, like maybe Rossi, Marquez, Vinales, Divizioso, Pedrosa, etc.....

Paul

I don't understand the hype on lithium batteries unless you run a track bike and are a serious contender in your class, like maybe Rossi, Marquez, Vinales, Divizioso, Pedrosa, etc...
Seems you haven't read any of my posts on this topic. Allowable lead content laws means the (soon pending) demise of lead acid batteries, including AGM. Lithium is the future (no lead), and many OEM's (and even car manufacturers!) have been using them for many years now. They power everything from your phone to your laptop and hundreds of other thing these days including key fobs.
AG has been supplying to many of them, including Yamaha & Polaris. Their car version; https://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/productline/starter-batteries/automotive/ - it's "promoted" as a lightweight racing battery, but you'll see they list the perks of using them as a "daily driver" and the "re-start" function.
Outside if these facts, I just passed the five (5!) year mark of my oldest AG batt, and I've never as much touched it at all, meaning NEVER even put a battery charger to it to date.

I live in the here and now and rely on my own experiences where AGM batteries work just find for me. They've never let me down, are less expensive, need no warn up period in the extreme cold, work with my existing chargers, and seem to out live my friends Lithium's. Most have now reverted back to AGM.

One experience with a Shorai convinced me Lithium's are a solution waiting for a problem.

Paul

Last edited:
Paul, old news with lith-I, and they are buying the wrong ones or abusing them. Shorai is better these days, but not at all what I'd call good.
Sooner than later you or they won't have the option.
I'm tired of dealing with AGMs personally, as I have a larger bike collection these days, outside of my rental fleet, which all have had AGM battery replacement (once or more), in 1 year or sometimes months because they were put into service incorrectly.
End.

My friend are very experience moto enthusiast and understand proper moto maintenance practices. They to live in the here and now and understand what works the best for them. Most of them ride 20-25K miles annually and have dozens of years of experience like me, at age 73. YIKES!!!!!

It's always good to have a choice. We each need to make the choice that works best for ourselves. :clap:

I chose the AGM because they work best for me in the here and now. :rock:

Who knows what the future holds. Not many, it I did I be a wealthy man. :cry:

Paul

Last edited:
I've used Shorai and Battery Tender brand Lithium Iron batteries in several of my bikes. Excellent results with all of them. The Battery Tender has four terminals, very handy. When replacing the Yuasa in my Norge, it will be a Lithium Iron unit.

YMMV - I had a Shorai that was abused and was still going strong after four years. The abuse included running total loss because the stator burned out and jumping several times with a truck battery with running engine (I know better now). Also charging it with a standard Battery Tender.
I have since switched to Earth-X because it has built in electronics that balance the cell charging and provide other protection. I had one in my Stelvio for two years with no problems, and put one in my V7II when the OEM crapped out after one winter.

It seems that different folks have different experiences with batteries. Some, it would seem, have great experiences with one type and / or bad experiences with the other type.
I have had few bad experiences with lead acid batteries, most of my lead acid batteries are the AGM variety. And most have worked great for years. Even house brand AutoZone AGM batteries have worked very well in a pinch.
I have tried various lithium batteries, including AG and Shorai. My experiences were not as positive as others here. But I reckon I will try them again at some point. I want lithium batteries to work for me, but so far three different lithium batteries have been failures. I will try again when I am ready. It takes a while to get over the sting of throwing that much money away.

Looking like Batteries are getting into the same realm as tyres (sorry tires) and oil. Ask 20 people and you get 25 different answers.
Yep. If anyone witnessed what I did as test with all of them lined up on the bench, they'd feel differently.
As mentioned, it looks like I will be in the business by the end of the year with news here when they're ready.

I will be interested in what you are doing. As mentioned, while my previous experiences have been bad I am willing to give it another go. As long as the price is competitive I would be happy to try yours.

Yep. If anyone witnessed what I did as test with all of them lined up on the bench, they'd feel differently.
As mentioned, it looks like I will be in the business by the end of the year with news here when they're ready.
Did your test include starts in hot and cold climate conditions or just laboratory conditions in the shop?

Paul

Back